Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Dec 13, 2002

The first entry in the Zelda franchise for the GameCube, sporting a distinctive cel-shaded graphics style. It built upon the mechanics of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, and its oceanic setting emphasized exploration.

Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - Your Retrospective Thoughts?

• 61 results
    AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#51  Edited By AndrewB

Exploring the world was about exploring the seas, not about exploring the old Hyrule under the seas. When I got to that point in the game where you do go under the sea and have an excursion outside of the underwater Hyrule, I was wondering if they were going to go that route and have a whole second world down there, but I'm fine that they didn't.

I've said it probably a dozen places now, but Wind Waker is my favorite Zelda game. From the art style to the soundtrack, I think it's pretty great. I have a fard time deciding between it and Link to the Past sometimes, but I think I'd go with Wind Waker. And believe me, that isn't some kind of young persons nostalgia talking, because I actually grew up more with Link to the Past.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#52  Edited By ArbitraryWater

The art style of Wind Waker still looks great. My problems with it basically all stem from the sailing and that horrific Triforce hunt at the end. Other than that, easily my second favorite Zelda game.

FateOfNever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By FateOfNever

Looking back on it? I wish I still owned a copy of it, I never beat it, I wish I had. But, yo, fuck the sailing in that game.

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By Contro

@AndrewB said:

Exploring the world was about exploring the seas, not about exploring the old Hyrule under the seas. When I got to that point in the game where you do go under the sea and have an excursion outside of the underwater Hyrule, I was wondering if they were going to go that route and have a whole second world down there, but I'm fine that they didn't.

I've said it probably a dozen places now, but Wind Waker is my favorite Zelda game. From the art style to the soundtrack, I think it's pretty great. I have a fard time deciding between it and Link to the Past sometimes, but I think I'd go with Wind Waker. And believe me, that isn't some kind of young persons nostalgia talking, because I actually grew up more with Link to the Past.

I'm not happy about that, if they did, it would have mirrored the whole light and dark world thing in a very unique way.

It deserves to win - vote accordingly!

http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/general-discussion/30/best-zelda-game/520804/?page=3

Avatar image for deactivated-590b7522e5236
    deactivated-590b7522e5236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

As close to perfection as any game i have ever played, amazing soundtrack, timeless visuals, endless charm, the only game to ever give me a true sense of exploration, and sadly why all Zelda games since then are mildly disappointing. skyward sword only makes me appreciate how great windwaker was.

Avatar image for captain_clayman
    captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By captain_clayman

it has the best art style out of any in the series, though skyward sword comes close, and i admire the balls nintendo has (or had) for taking such a different approach to the zelda style.  also it's the only zelda game i didnt have to use a walkthrough for at all, which i enjoy.   
    twilight princess was full of moments where you had to go and talk to some random person halfway across the map and unless you're very good at remembering all these useless people's names, it's almost impossible to figure out where the hell you're supposed to go. 

on kind of a side note, i played through half windwaker about a year ago and freaking loved it until my save "somehow mysteriously" went missing.  so i decided on finishing twilight princess which was good overall, but pretty bland compared to windwaker.  and now i'm gonna finish ocarina of time for the first time (i know, blaspemy) and then play ALL the way through windwaker again and get all stoked up for skyward sword.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By MikkaQ

That would be some cheesy-ass wedding music, I'd imagine me and my wife would have more taste than that haha.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#58  Edited By Dagbiker

Zelda WW was a looker, but it didnt have much going for it after that.

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#59  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

Was my favorite as soon as I played it. It has remained my favorite ever since. Wind Waker was fantastic.

MidgardDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#60  Edited By MidgardDragon

My thoughts have always been: beautiful art, okay gameplay, not my favorite Zelda but all Zeldas are still good games. I don't get the unbridled love people have for it but I'm not one to ask because I unadulteratedly love Twilight Princess and think people who whine about it are a bunch of tools, so.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#61  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Totally one of the best Zelda games, without question. I really love it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.