Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Dec 13, 2002

The first entry in the Zelda franchise for the GameCube, sporting a distinctive cel-shaded graphics style. It built upon the mechanics of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, and its oceanic setting emphasized exploration.

New Easter Egg Discovered In The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

Skinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

A new easter egg has been discovered in Wind Waker fourteen years after it's release. The trick found can defeat the final boss of the Forsaken Forest in a mere two moves, and it works on both the Gamecube and WiiU HD versions of the game.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IaksmndynT8

In hindsight, it totally makes sense, I remember thinking of that water as being akin to Holy Water/Sacred Water at the time, and that it could possibly have more use in the game, other than reviving withering seedlings, but in the heat of battle, not many people would dare experiment with a splash of water.

It amazes me how Zelda games can throw up such things so long after release. I'm going to play it soon and experiment with Granny's Soup!

Avatar image for deactivated-5b031d0e868a5
    deactivated-5b031d0e868a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

Loading Video...

Huh that's pretty cool.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

stuff like this always makes me wonder how many games have easter eggs that won't be discovered because they don't have the hardcore following of a game like Wind Waker.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

oh...soooo...I thought this was a well known thing. I discovered this a looooooooooong time ago on I think my third playthrough

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Interesting. I'm surprised it's not something that was discovered and spread around before. Not that difficult to attempt. Wonder if it works are the black and white version of the fight at the end of the game? That fight is basically the same if I remember right?

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Man I love this game! Might do another playthru of HD just to try it.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

@dan_citi: you should totally do that. Plus the new hero mode is awesome! (enemies do double damage, no hearts found in world). I started replaying the HD version last month and it melted my heart / blew my mind all over again. Mostly it is all positive changes, definitely recommend it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.