Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Nov 19, 2006

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess once again sees Link exploring the vast kingdom of Hyrule, this time in an attempt to dispel an evil twilight that has settled over the land.

Does Twilight Princess Hold Up

• 68 results
    _jackbauer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By _jackbauer

I'm working my way through the Forest Temple with the monkeys;  this game is certainly charming in the Zelda-way.  The wolf stuff wasn't too too bad so far.  

So far I prefer the art style of WW - I think it looks cleaner at SD resolution.  But that being said, I think TP looks great.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#52  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

I don't see why not.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By ryanwho
    @the_hiro_abides said:

I wonder what the good price used is? I mean it's in the "Nintendo Selects" category. So I would just buy it new for $20 if I was interested in it.

To answer the OP, it's not bad. It's worth playing if you like Zelda games.

A used copy for the Gamecube is still about 40 dollars. Same with Paper Mario 2. It literally costs less to buy a fucking Gamecube than to buy one of the best games for it.
    BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By BBQBram

YES.

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#55  Edited By WickedCestus

If you're going to play it, you should probably play the Gamecube version because the Wii one kinda sucks. 

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#56  Edited By ArbitraryWater

I'm not going to lie: I never finished Twilight Princess. I'm on the second to last dungeon and I assume the save is still sitting on my Wii, but that game is just such a zelda game. That may seem like an odd insult, but the problem mostly lies with the way it feels like its going through the motions of a Zelda template rather than actively attempting to outdo or even match its predecessors. Wind Waker has stupid retarded sailing, but it also has a personality, and the Cel-Shaded graphics hold up understandably well.

ttocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#57  Edited By ttocs

I just started playing Twilight Princess again (never finished it before) over the weekend and it holds up extremely well for being like 4-5 years old.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By kishinfoulux

I played it for the first time like 2 years ago and thought it was great so yeah I'd say it holds up well.

Tally_Pants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#59  Edited By Tally_Pants
    @css_switchfoot: Minish Cap for the GBA was fun! And the two for the DS were pretty good (although I haven't actually finished Spirit Tracks yet)
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By ryanwho
    @ArbitraryWater said:
    I'm not going to lie: I never finished Twilight Princess. I'm on the second to last dungeon and I assume the save is still sitting on my Wii, but that game is just such a zelda game. That may seem like an odd insult, but the problem mostly lies with the way it feels like its going through the motions of a Zelda template rather than actively attempting to outdo or even match its predecessors. Wind Waker has stupid retarded sailing, but it also has a personality, and the Cel-Shaded graphics hold up understandably well.
    You can blame fellow Zelda fans for how Twilight Princess turned out. Nintendo tries to innovate Zelda and they get burned.
    JammyJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By JammyJesus

I popped it in today, the OoT QL had me hankering for some LoZ action. I checked every setting on TV, checked the cables and checked other games to see if they were as bad...

Holy mother of god that game looks bad. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a graphics whore, but that game looks terrible. Apart from the art style (of which it barely has any), the game is aliased to fuck, the textures muddy and flat and it looks stretched to hell. I'm fully aware that yes, it was a launch title, but I'm so shocked how much this game has aged over the years.

Boiglenoight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#62  Edited By Boiglenoight

Started playing Twilight Princess 2 weeks ago. I am kicking myself for passing over this game for so long. Not only does it hold up, it's the best Zelda since Ocarina of Time, and in some ways a better game.

Sawboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#63  Edited By Sawboss

I had a blast with twilight princess, it's a perfectly good zelda game. If you are not tired of Zelda games than you will love TP. I guess my one complaint is the motion controls were pretty dumb, they worked but were not needed.

I actually remember some of the boss fights being particularly exciting.

Avatar image for bobby_the_great
    Bobby_The_Great

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Bobby_The_Great

If you get the Gamecube version and play it with a controller, yes it does. If you play the Wii version with the shitty Wii-motion shit in there, no it doesn't.

Astras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#65  Edited By Astras

It's a great game! There are moments where you think.... huh, Some of the bosses in Zelda to me are feeling a bit clunky, i.e... here's your dungeon loot item, guess how you kill the boss????? There are a few moments when you just think, what an absolute joy to play though!! The ending as you expect from Zelda is totally epic also!

amomjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#66  Edited By amomjc

God fucking no. I mean, the game itself is great (I hate wasting an hour of my time gathering rubee's in the beginning but whatever), but the visuals make me want to cry. Then again, that's the Wii's fault and not Zelda's so screw you Wii!

Avatar image for washablemarkers
    washablemarkers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By washablemarkers

In an attempt to finish all my outstanding Zelda games before Skyward Sword comes out, I popped Twilight Princess in this week. It's the first time I've played it in over a year. I figure I'm a little more than halfway through, (I just finished the Arbiter level), and while I like it I can't recommend it in the same way I would Wind Waker or Ocarina. It's certainly very good and fun to play, but I'm not sure it holds up like those two do. The graphics are dated, the waggle controls are rotten and there's a sense of fatigue that sets in once you're able to freely switch between human and wolf. Still, it's fun if you're a fan, and the puzzles and dungeons are especially well-designed. Is it a classic on the level of the 3D Zelda games that came before it? Probably not, but I haven't finished it yet. That being said, it just doesn't capture my attention the way those other games did.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#68  Edited By mikemcn

It should have been outdated when it came out, but Zelda fans like to pretend it wasn't. There hasn't been a truly new idea in a Zelda game for a long time. If you like that type of game though, it's probably still playable.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.