Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Nov 19, 2006

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess once again sees Link exploring the vast kingdom of Hyrule, this time in an attempt to dispel an evil twilight that has settled over the land.

Just got this game

Hargreaves93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Hargreaves93

So I have just bought Twilight Princess. I was in the charity shop on my work break and there, on the DVD and game shelf there it stood - for the Gamecube! Now I remember hearing something about how this version is rare but I'm not too sure now because I found it in a charity shop for £3. So that leads me to two questions. 1 - Is the Gamecube version rare at all? And 2 - How long will it take to complete?

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mylifeforAiur

I don't know about the rarity of the video game in question, but I can safely say that it took me a hearty forty-hours to finish the game.

Hargreaves93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Hargreaves93
    @mylifeforAiur said:

I don't know about the rarity of the video game in question, but I can safely say that it took me a hearty forty-hours to finish the game.

Fair enough. 40 hours seems like a good length, something to keep me going when I go to uni haha!
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By JJWeatherman

I'd have to check to be sure, but 40 hours seems like a bit much! Maybe not though; I can't remember. It seemed more like a 20-25 hour game. Shorter if you rush through.

Not sure how rare the game is.

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mylifeforAiur

Also, after some rather half-arsed fact-checking, it seems that Twilight Princess shipped 1.32 million units on the GC. So, I don't think it's too rare.

Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
    OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7  Edited By OwnlyUzinWonHan

It's selling for $32 on Amazon right now, so that is indeed a great find. I remember I bought the Gamecube version when it came out, never finished it because I just wasn't having fun

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It'll easily take you upwards of 15 hours. As a poster above said, the 20-25 hour mark sounds about right.  

Absolutely convinced it isn't a collector's piece, but you could search ebay/amazon/play and see how much it's going for there. 

The original 3-disc MGS3: Subsistence sells for over 100 pounds on all those sights, so use that as a guage of worth.
    Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By WinterSnowblind

It definitely isn't going for cheap on eBay, so £3 is a pretty amazing deal.

The game will last you quite a while too, but in my opinion, it's easily the weakest of the Zelda games.

craigbo180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By craigbo180
    @Hargreaves93 said:
    So I have just bought Twilight Princess. I was in the charity shop on my work break and there, on the DVD and game shelf there it stood - for the Gamecube! Now I remember hearing something about how this version is rare but I'm not too sure now because I found it in a charity shop for £3. So that leads me to two questions. 1 - Is the Gamecube version rare at all? And 2 - How long will it take to complete?
    It is a semi-rare GC game and definitely more rare than the Wii version. It is definitely a pretty long game but I hate it when people ask about length of big open adventure games like this because it probably varies greatly from person to person. Even the answers in the thread show some people view it as a 25 hour game, a 40 hour game and even a 60 hour game. It just depends on how you play the game, if you go around looking for all the items and heart pieces it will take you longer. If you are familiar with 3D Zelda games you will be able to play through it a lot quicker as well.
    Avatar image for dragonbloodthirsty
    DragonBloodthirsty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

It sounds like if you're goal oriented and finish it as quickly as possible, then you've got a 20 hour game on your hands, but if you prefer to explore and enjoy that then you have a 40 hour game.

I happened to end up with this game, and I started it but haven't finished it. 

sionweeks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By sionweeks

I've seen Twilight Princess for Gamecube sold on eBay at least 10 times for over $70-90 sealed, and $50-60 opened. It took me 50 hours to complete, doing a bit of the side stuff.

Hargreaves93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Hargreaves93

Cheers guys, the varied times are giving me a rough estimate of how long it's gonna take. I'm more goal orientated so I'm thinking I will be done around the 30 hour mark. Also about the rarity, it seems like it is less available than the Wii version but as others have stated it is selling for quite a bit so I was lucky with the pricing :D

jipearce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jipearce

Its pretty hard to find. I bought my copy some weeks ago, and I paid $60AUD for it. About the equivalent of 2/3 the price for a new game, even thought it came out in 2006. Then again, I got the Wii version. Still, it's not easy to come by, and I really wanted it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.