Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Legend of Zelda

Franchise »

Nintendo's flagship fantasy action-adventure series created by Shigeru Miyamoto and Takashi Tezuka in 1985, the Zelda series is the source of many revolutionary gameplay conventions, and continues to be one of the most popular and critically acclaimed video game franchises of all time.

How does a Four Swords Adventure style Zelda work on Wii U?

rpwll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I've got fond memories of Four Swords Adventure on the GameCube, so today I was thinking about what a 2D co-op Zelda game on the Wii U could look like. One of the ideas I had plays around with time travel, with the player or players on the TV inhabiting the present while the player on the gamepad goes around changing the past to assist them.

You could even have puzzles that involved the player in the past opening time bubbles similar to the desert sections of Skyward Sword. Where the players in the present might see a crumbled bridge, the player in the past can open a time bubble that brings a structurally sound bridge from the past into the present. This concept could be used for all sorts of puzzles.

Anyway that's just my half-baked idea of what they could do. Do you guys have any ideas how a 2D coop Zelda game could work on the Wii U?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.