Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Legend of Zelda

Franchise »

Nintendo's flagship fantasy action-adventure series created by Shigeru Miyamoto and Takashi Tezuka in 1985, the Zelda series is the source of many revolutionary gameplay conventions, and continues to be one of the most popular and critically acclaimed video game franchises of all time.

IGN Presents The History of The Legend

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    Here it is. And now, for a soapbox . . .
    You know, a lot of people take games like this for granted. Zelda really is one of a kind nowadays. Everyone always says that the series is stale and that they need an overhaul and all this stuff. That's all fine and whatnot, but people treat Zelda like some old man in the park that they're just waiting to die so they don't have to look at him anymore. Dark? Yes, but that's the point. Sure, saying that Zelda made games what they are isn't necessarily justification for its existence in the new game world. It does mean that it deserves a level of respect from everyone, though. We all want things to be fresh, but a going-back-to-the-roots is okay too. I'm referencing Twilight Princess there, a game that many people said they "couldn't stand" or "couldn't finish." People said it was a failure partly due to the 8.8 it got from Jeff, which I'll never understand (8.8 is a great score).

We are sure to expect big things from Zelda, and I think we may always expect too much nowadays, but that's only because there's so much that Nintendo can do with the series. I mean, it still doesn't have voice acting, and we still cherish it! The most common conventions, and it doesn't have them. Of course, this is all my observation, but I wasn't around for the 2D Zelda games. I've actually only played two and only beat one. Call me a noob or whatever, but I love the game, and I don't get how people don't. So, all I'm saying is . . . show some love.
    Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Black_Rose

People can go to hell, i fucking loved Twilight Princess.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.