Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Legend of Zelda

Franchise »

Nintendo's flagship fantasy action-adventure series created by Shigeru Miyamoto and Takashi Tezuka in 1985, the Zelda series is the source of many revolutionary gameplay conventions, and continues to be one of the most popular and critically acclaimed video game franchises of all time.

Was the imprisoned overused in skyward sword?

Avatar image for theimprisoned140101
    Theimprisoned140101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I didn't have a problem with the multiple fights but all of my friends say it was dumb and a waste of time...any opinions on the battles with the imprisoned in SS cause i loved them

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They were timed - which sucks - and each iteration required almost the exact same strategy - which also sucks. All around, I'd say it sucked. In fact, this whole Zelda sequel is easily my least favorite of the bunch thanks to clunky motion controls and an utterly empty hub world. Where's my exploration Nintendo?!?? Don't get me started on the rickety roller coaster mini-game heart piece...

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By xyzygy

Funny this thread would pop up after me just starting my Hero Mode file today, but I don't think they overdid the Imprisoned. It actually reminded me a lot of how you'd have to return to the same temple in Phantom Hourglass over and over, but on a much smaller scale. Skyward Sword is my favorite Zelda but this was probably my least favorite part about the game - though it wasn't necessarily bad. It's been a while since I played it but I do remember him getting more difficult each time you fought him. I am kind of nervous about Hero Mode because man, I can see it being actually really tough. I am getting really big Souls vibes from Skyward Sword on Hero Mode - I can imagine The Imprisoned will hit hard and be more worthwhile in this mode.

Avatar image for theimprisoned140101
    Theimprisoned140101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xyzygy: I've finished hero mode and ... Trust me demise is no joke... Electrified sword does 4 hearts per hit!!!

Also thunder dragon boss rush is hell now...i get up to demise with a few hearts left then he killed me

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By crithon

yes, although I enjoyed it when Groose got involved and made his massive contraption asking to help.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

There should've been one less fight.

WrenchNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

Yes. For me he was. I don't particularly like the boss fight design wise, despite them changing it up a little during the second and third times.

The pace of the fights weren't great either. After the second battle, if you end up choosing to to Faron Woods first, you immediately have to fight the Imprisoned again.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.