Your History with The Legend of Zelda (Super Multi Choice Poll)

• 87 results
GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

Edited By GERALTITUDE

Poll Your History with The Legend of Zelda (Super Multi Choice Poll) (276 votes)

A1. The Legend of Zelda - My favorite 2%
A2. The Legend of Zelda - Love 14%
A3. The Legend of Zelda - Like 34%
A4. The Legend of Zelda - Neutral 17%
A5. The Legend of Zelda - Dislike 2%
A6. The Legend of Zelda - Hate 0%
A7. The Legend of Zelda - Never/Barely played 33%
B1. Zelda II: The Adventure of Link - My favorite 1%
B2. Zelda II: The Adventure of Link - Love 5%
B3. Zelda II: The Adventure of Link - Like 14%
B4. Zelda II: The Adventure of Link - Neutral 18%
B5. Zelda II: The Adventure of Link - Dislike 9%
B6. Zelda II: The Adventure of Link - Hate 3%
B7. Zelda II: The Adventure of Link - Never/Barely played 52%
C1. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - My favorite 24%
C2. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - Love 36%
C3. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - Like 14%
C4. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - Neutral 7%
C5. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - Dislike 1%
C6. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - Hate 1%
C7. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - Never/Barely played 20%
D1. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - My favorite 7%
D2. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - Love 23%
D3. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - Like 23%
D4. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - Neutral 7%
D5. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - Dislike 2%
D6. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - Hate 0%
D7. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - Never/Barely played 37%
E1. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - My favorite 20%
E2. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Love 38%
E3. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Like 19%
E4. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Neutral 7%
E5. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Dislike 3%
E6. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Hate 1%
E7. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Never/Barely played 13%
F1. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - My favorite 13%
F2. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - Love 24%
F3. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - Like 14%
F4. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - Neutral 11%
F5. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - Dislike 4%
F6. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - Hate 4%
F7. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - Never/Barely played 32%
G1. The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons - My favorite 0%
G2. The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons - Love 13%
G3. The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons - Like 23%
G4. The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons - Neutral 9%
G5. The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons - Dislike 1%
G6. The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons - Hate 0%
G7. The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons - Never/Barely played 50%
H1. The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages - My favorite 2%
H2. The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages - Love 8%
H3. The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages - Like 19%
H4. The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages - Neutral 10%
H5. The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages - Dislike 1%
H6. The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages - Hate 0%
H7. The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages - Never/Barely played 54%
I1. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - My favorite 18%
I2. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - Love 42%
I3. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - Like 12%
I4. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - Neutral 4%
I5. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - Dislike 3%
I6. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - Hate 0%
I7. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - Never/Barely played 20%
J1. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - My favorite 2%
J2. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - Love 19%
J3. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - Like 30%
J4. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - Neutral 10%
J5. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - Dislike 11%
J6. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - Hate 4%
J7. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - Never/Barely played 25%
K1. The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap - My favorite 1%
K2. The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap - Love 17%
K3. The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap - Like 24%
K4. The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap - Neutral 7%
K5. The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap - Dislike 1%
K6. The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap - Hate 1%
K7. The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap - Never/Barely played 46%
L1. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - My favorite 1%
L2. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Love 8%
L3. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Like 18%
L4. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Neutral 12%
L5. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Dislike 7%
L6. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Hate 6%
L7. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Never/Barely played 47%
M1. The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass - My favorite 1%
M2. The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass - Love 6%
M3. The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass - Like 24%
M4. The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass - Neutral 11%
M5. The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass - Dislike 9%
M6. The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass - Hate 4%
M7. The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass - Never/Barely played 43%
N1. The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks - My favorite 0%
N2. The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks - Love 4%
N3. The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks - Like 8%
N4. The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks - Neutral 12%
N5. The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks - Dislike 6%
N6. The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks - Hate 5%
N7. The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks - Never/Barely played 62%
ZX. Results. Deliver them. 25%

Thank you so much for taking the time to read through and answer this poll. Please share your thoughts about the Legend of Zelda below!

Hate it or love it the underdog's on top this is one series that is very important to many of us, young and old. For me, Zelda was one of the first games I ever played (Link's Awakening was my first one) and I'm always excited for a new release. Though I didn't really like Twilight Princess and I never played Skyward Sword (just got a Wii relatively recently) I am over-the-moon pumped for the Wii U Zelda.

I apologize for any errors and omissions in the poll above and the text below. Sorry if my categories bother you also, I needed some way to break the games down, and this made sense for me.

The Legend of Zelda

Other Zelda's You May Have Played

It's worth noting that Majora's Mask 3D and Wind Waker HD seem to have relatively significant differences from their original releases. So I'm noting them here! But no other remakes/re-releases. Sorry, I know there are other differences to mention, but I'm hoping you all who feel strongly about those games will post about it. For example, the color dungeon in Link's Awakening DX. And maybe someone wants to make a case for Hyrule Warriors?

Other "Zeldas"

For those of you bound to bring these monstrosities up. You know who you are!!

• 
j_unit2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I love the series, but I kind of fell off after Twilight Princess which is weird considering that I loved it. I couldn't really get into Skyward Sword sadly. It just felt super slow compared to the rest of the series with too many hoops to jump through before the dungeons. My major regret is that I have never played any of the handheld Zeldas as I hear they're quite spectacular.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

I have never played a Zelda game. I intend to rectify that this year but am unsure what to play first. Kind of don't want to start with Ocarina because what if it's the best one? It's all downhill from there. Majora's Mask seems like a bad intro to the series. A Link Between Worlds relies on (or at least benefits from) nostalgia for A Link to the Past. So the retail releases for the one Nintendo system I have all seem like bad choices. That leaves me with the eshop and DS games. What to choose?

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

The early Zelda games were before my time. The first one I ever played was Ocarina of Time and I love that game. I played Oracle of Ages when I was pretty young but never played Oracle of Seasons. That game was decent, but nowhere near my favorite. The Wind Waker was a fantastic game with an amazing art style which I feel still holds up today, even on the original Gamecube hardware. The tail end of that game was fucking awful though and you could tell some content was cut in other spots. When Twilight Princess came out, I loved the hell out of it, but then I went back and played it again and was less than impressed. To me, it feels like a worse Ocarina of Time. The DS games are horrible, especially Spirit Tracks. It's the only Zelda game I played that I just couldn't bring myself to finish. Link to the Past/Between Worlds are both amazing games. The Minish Cap was a pretty decent game, but I didn't like the Kinstone system at all.

By far though, my favorite Zelda game is Majora's Mask. That's right. I said Majora's Mask. That game is amazing to me in every way to this day. It's so... weird. The tone of the game is super dark for a Zelda game. Unlike Jeff, I really liked the mask system and thought it added an extra layer of depth to the game. I also liked the element of time and scheduled days. It made the world feel more alive and real to me, and added to the sense of impending doom the game was trying to convey. The side quests felt important to me because most of them were very emotional in nature. There are parts of that game which still make me tear up, especially the scene with Pamela and her father. One of my favorite things I remember about that game to this day is how as the days went by, the NPCs would start to panic and realize they were going to die. Seeing how each NPC handled that situation was fascinating to me as a child and continues to fascinate me as I take psychology courses in college. Majora's Mask is tied with Persona 4 for my absolute favorite game of all time. I'm super upset Nintendo ever did anything like it ever again, but at the same time, I love that it's so unique.

bcooper21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shaka999 said:

Neat thread idea, and based on the (current) poll results, I wanna say a few things:

You guys should really play the Oracle games. It might be like @naoiko said and it's nostalgia-based love, but man those games were fantastic and I thought they played perfectly on the Eshop version.

I really want to give a Link to the Past another shot. I remember playing the GBA remake and being really lukewarm on it. I liked it, don't get me wrong, but it didn't leave quite the impression I was expecting it to leave. I got a lot of free time these days so maybe I'll give it another shot.

Really didn't like how Spirit Tracks controlled, and I likely won't ever touch Phantom Hourglass because of it. Oddly enough, I thought the train controls were fine, but I hated how much I had to ride that damn train. Which brings me to...

Wind Waker. I just can't get myself into it no matter how many times I play it. I'm not one of those "oh the art style is lame!" people; I loved the art style and the music. My problem is that everything took too damn long: taking the boat to a new location (hate hate hate hate the boat), dungeons were too long, hunting for the triforce... All that said, I actually really like the last dungeon/bosses. That final fight against Ganondorf too might be my favorite final boss fight in a Zelda game.

Ocarina is dope, but Majora's Mask is the best Zelda. If anyone gives even the tiniest of a shit, I'd be happy to expand on that.

Barely remember Minish Cap; I know I have a copy around here somewhere so maybe I'll give it another shot. I remember thinking it was okay.

Oracle games i did not like at all. I did not like how you need two games for the complete story seemed like cash grab. I loved links awakening played seasons never got into it.

Zelda 1 Zelda 2 and Oracle games were on zelda games i never liked or got into. Tried them both from eshop did not enjoy them. Links awakening is a different story loved that one.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

• The Legend of Zelda - I loved it back in the day and it's still a great game.
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link - I like it, but never finished it. Fuck those bubbles and Shadow Link.
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - My favourite and it's even a top 5 of all time game for me.
  • The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - Love it. It's the first Zelda game I ever finished. (I played this before Link to the Past and only finished the original Legend of Zelda quite recently.)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Love it. Best 3D Zelda by far in my opinion.
  • The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - Neutral about that one, because I simply didn't play all that much.
  • The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons - Neutral. Played only bits of it.
  • The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages - Never played the counterpart.
  • The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - Love it. Only recently played this for the first time and it's as great as people always said it was.
  • The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - Like it, but there's aspects about the game that really annoy me.
  • The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap - Love it. It's an amazing game and one of the most charming entries (which says a lot) in the whole series.
  • The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Neutral. Played only bits of it.
  • The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass - Neutral. Didn't love it, didn't hate it. That's all there is to hit.
  • The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks - Dislike (Maybe even Hate.) that one. I just hate everything about the train/tracks aspect of the game. Ugh.
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Like it. It's pretty good but I'm not that big a fan of rehashes.
spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

Ww

OOT

A Link to the Past

A Link Between Worlds

Skyward Sword/TP

jadegl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#57  Edited By jadegl  Moderator

My top three -

1. Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
  2. Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (seriously, 1 and 2 are really 1a and 1b and can swap places at any time)
  3. Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

I am a sucker for the SNES and GB era Zelda games. I also liked the original Legend of Zelda, and revisited it recently and found it quite fun and playable. I think the only real gap in my knowledge are the two N64 games (I didn't have the console, so I missed out) and the later DS games. I did play Minnish Cap though, and I really liked it, just not as much as the 1, 2, and 3 on my personal list.

I actually am going back and playing Ocarina now on 3DS. it's very good, but I am having a hard time getting into the 3D Zelda games versus the top down of the earlier games. But that's my own personal hang up, and I see that Ocarina is a very good game regardless of whether it is clicking with me at the moment or not. I want to finish it and play Majora's Mask. The fact that that one is so divisive is really intriguing to me and I want to check it out.

Witzig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Witzig

The Minish Cap is so good!!!! It's lonely being at the 1% who think that the Minish Cap is their favorite Zelda game.

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By pompouspizza

I'm just going to copy what I recently said in another thread:

I have a very strange relationship with the franchise because I had never really played a Zelda game until Ocarina of Time on the 3DS and I really disliked it. It just seemed like one of those franchises that I just did not "get" but then I played Wind Waker on the Wii u and really liked it. But the game that finally made me understand why people love The Legend of Zelda so much was A Link Between Worlds, I love that game so much and it's one of the best games I have ever played.

I got the Major's Mask 3DS XL and I'm currently playing through it. I'm 7 hours in and I have just finished the first dungeon and I'm really liking the game so far.

L33T_HAXOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

Wow, this is kind of crazy. Thanks for making this.

I just answered from my gut instead of over-thinking these... I mean, of course OOT is objectively a better game than MM and its massively influential and I respect the hell out of it. But I only "like" it, while I LOVE Majora's Mask. But that has more to do with my life situation at the time when either game was released, honestly. I was a super-moody teenager who was too old for video-games when OOT came out.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

The Legend of Zelda: Never Played

The Adventure of Link: Never Played

A Link to the Past: Like It / Barely Played It

Link's Awakening: Never Played

Ocarina of Time: My Favorite

Majora's Mask: Hate It / Barely Played It

Oracle of Ages / Seasons: Never Played

Wind Waker: Love It

Twilight Princess / Minish Cap / Skyward Sword / Phantom Hourglass / Spirit Tracks / Link Between Worlds: Never played

I really haven't played too many of them, Link to the Past was too complex for me as a kid and I never felt like getting invested when I was into SNES9x in high school. Majora's Mask was a rental due to being a broke kid at the time and thank god I rented it because that is one of the most frustrating game designs ever (in the interest of full disclosure, I thought it sounded amazing before I got my hands on it).

Wind Waker was a fantastic return to form and if I'd played it before Ocarina if I'm being honest it might have been my favorite, those games are so neck-and-neck but I think Wind Waker is a much less frustrating game than Ocarina even with the grind-y elements. Haven't played any mobile games other than Pokémon Yellow so half the LoZ catalog is irrelevant to me from the jump, and I haven't owned a Nintendo console since Resident Evil 4 was announced for the PS2.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Not wanting to type too much, I'll give some short thoughts on my favorite ones.

• A Link Between Worlds. Felt modern in a really good way with its rewards and map features. also let me find my own way around most menus and stuff, which I liked. Not too easy, even if it wasn't that tough as well as feeling nicely familiar through its reuse of the LttP map, even though I've never finished or have any particular fondness for that game. Reignited my interest in playing Zelda after Skyward Sword nearly put it out. Lucky!
  • Zelda II. Really like the movement and combat. Pretty unique game. Tough.
  • Wind Waker HD. Despite framerate hiccups and some mixed feelings I had on the improved visuals, the changes focused on expediating song playing and sailing were very appreciated. A great cast of side characters and side missions, which has ended up being the thing I appreciate the most in a 3D Zelda. Even SS had some great ones.
  • Oracle of Seasons. I had this one and my friend had Oracle of Ages. A pretty dense, straightforward game with loads to do. Subrosians are awesome!
  • Majora's Mask, I think? I'm about to replay it on 3DS so I guess we'll see. Right now my appreciation for it comes more from my memories of a couple of really cool things it did than from the gameplay.
sodapop7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crimsonavenger: Ok, you've got to explain what you found aggravating. Because I've never heard this opinion about this game. Everyone else I know or have read say it is fantastic (me included). I find it extremely difficult to believe it's one of the worst games you've played.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've never played any Zelda game.

owack6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey Nintendo, release the games on PC and maybe i will play them!!!

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#66  Edited By GERALTITUDE

@witzig: hahaha! There are a few of you 1% out there. I really like the Minish Cap but I couldn't put it as my favourite. Maybe I'm confusing games but I think that one had a pretty novel/amazing touch screen implementation for items like the Boomerang and the map.

@l33t_haxor: Thanks! and you know what they say, objective shobjective. I couldn't stand Majora's Mask when I played it on release. Was way too in love with Ocarina at the time and then there was my thick ass child brain being unable to comprehend the time mechanic. Led to mucho frustration. Years later I played MM and was just completely enamored with it.

@baillie: I should have had a catch all response for that... but not my biggest omission! (Sorry ALBW)

@mosespippy: Which system do you have?

@soldierg654342: You and Baillie. Sorry! You'll have just have to scroll through and check every "Barely/Never played" option! :D

SoldierG654342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where's the "I've never played any Zelda game" choice? Or is that one just for me?

Veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

I haven't played a Zelda since Windwaker, or played (for any significant period of time) a Nintendo console after Gamecube other than a bit of the original DS. I liked most of them before Windwaker but I'm apparently the only person alive who still thinks "MORE LIKE CELDA"

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GValo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@junkboy0: I got one for free for buying ALBW. Do I need to play both at the same time or can they be played individually. I remember when they were released there was something about how the games interact with each other

eddiephlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By eddiephlash

I'm sad how many people have never played the portable zelda games. Some of my favorite zelda experiences were on game boy or DS systems.

Also, where are the 4 swords games?

L33T_HAXOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By L33T_HAXOR

@gvalo: Basically you play and beat one and then you get a secret code to input in the other game. After you beat the 2nd game there's a secret final boss fight and a big final ending.

Also you'll meet a few people in the 2nd game who say "I can give you this great item if you go get the secret code from Larry in the other game", so then you'd go back to the 1st game to get the secret code.

Its goofy, but I kind of liked it at the time.

hodor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surprised by the amount of people who liked Twilight Princess. I really thought it was small in scale and with incredibly short and easy dungeons. I've always liked the more puzzle element of the dungeons in the LoZ series. I always really loved Adventure of Link growing up and it is the only Zelda game besides Skyward Sword(never played) that I have not beaten. It is incredibly challenging and has really cool RPG like elements, and playing Rogue Legacy makes me want to go back.

GValo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@l33t_haxor: Ahh nice. I'll have to check them out. Those 2 and Link's Awakening are the only ones I never played. I just got LA from Club Nintendo. Do you have a suggestion on which to start with: Ages or Seasons? Or does it not matter?

L33T_HAXOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gvalo: I don't think it really matters... Ages is supposed to be more puzzle-oriented, while Seasons is supposed to be more action-oriented. I don't remember either one being super-hard or anything.

Dayve86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Dayve86

ALTTP > ALBW > WW > LA > OOT > LOZ > LOZ2 > MC > MM > TP

That's probably how I'd rank the ones I've played. I liked all of them, but the top 4 are some of my favorite games ever made. I bought Skyward Sword when it came out but I sold my Wii not long before. I planned on playing it when I got a Wii U, but I've had a Wii U for over a year now and have no drive to play the game. I doubt I ever will at this point.

I should really go back and play the Oracle games though. Especially since they got released on the e-shop.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#77  Edited By TheHBK

First one i played was Link's Awakening when I got my GameBoy Color. Never finished it.

Then I preordered Wind Waker and got the GameCube remaster of Ocarina. Didn't finish it.

Played Wind Waker. Didn't finish it.

Played Phantom Hourglass. Didn't finish it.

Bought the Link Between Worlds 3DS bundle. Went back to finish Phantom Hourglass. then Went and finished Link between worlds. Both great games.

Hoping they put out a special edition Wii U with the new Zelda and will finish Ocarina and Wind Waker as well.

ConfusedOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

The first Zelda I ever played was A Link to the Past and I've played most Zelda's except for the CD-i ones. My favourite by far is Wind Waker though. Something about that game really clicked with me, I even rank it among some of the best games I've ever played.

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The poll was so huge I didn't see some of the games D:
My favourite is Wind Waker.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#80  Edited By cornbredx

I've never been a big fan of Zelda games. The first one was meh, I remember liking the second one a little bit because it was a weird game at the time, Link to the past is meh, I loved Ocarina of Time and Majoras Mask (those were cool and the most fun to play). I never played any others.

Overall I am pretty middle of the road on the series and while I love a couple of them they've never been games that I look back on fondly or think a lot about. I wouldn't think about them at all, really, if not for Giant Bomb always talking about them. I've always considered them mostly generic games with uninteresting gameplay (except the two that I loved that were genuinely great games).

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've played one Zelda game: The Legend of Zelda. That's a fantastic game, and strangely enough, I'm currently in the middle of another playthrough of it on my phone. The 3D Zelda games have never appealed to me for some reason, though I'm told some are good/great.

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've only played the first two, Link's Awakening and Twilight Princess to completion. I love the first two and Zelda II is one of the most interesting games of the era to me. The design is really weird and intriguing. It's like if Castlevania II was fun and made sense. Link's Awakening is my favorite of all of these, being by far the best GameBoy game I've ever played. The puzzles are weird, the whole thing is built perfectly around the system and to be honest I loved the way the combat worked. I should probably get around to A Link to the Past eventually since I like this so much. I hated Twilight Princess. Whoever decided that making a game that full of incredibly tedious exposition and uninteresting dialogue should tell me so I know to avoid their projects in the future. The pacing just drove me up a wall.

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I basically love all of them. I've played them all, and the tnly Zeldas I'm more ambivalent about are Link's Adventure and Skyward Sword.

I guess I don't hold Link's Awakening in super-high esteem like a lot of people, but it's still great.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hodor: Twilight Princess short and small in scale? Then what are all the other 3D Zeldas? Twilight Princess is considerably bigger than all of them and much longer than something like The Wind Waker.

Fenrisulfr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not angry at you, Giant Bomb. I'm just disappointed. This was your chance to set the record straight by crowning the best Legend of Zelda game to have ever been released, but I see that you're either in denial or being led astray by Mr. Jeff Gerstmann's outlandish and slanderous representation of the greatest entry into the Legend of Zelda franchise.

Majora's Mask is the best Legend of Zelda game that will exist. It has everything you could ever want in a game: a hero, a villain, and a world of ambiguity that shapes the tone and story being told while covering up the real question it presents you throughout the journey. This isn't just THE Legend of Zelda game. It is one of the best games to ever been made in the history of video games.

Oh, and fuck Twilight Princess. That thing's little more than shiny turd compressed into a disc, despite the good ideas in it.

hodor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dan_citi: You're right it was technically bigger and better, but it wasn't for the time. I think in a lot of ways TP isn't as memorable because it didn't push or really do anything new. I know the Zelda series is formulaic in many ways but each game was also unique from one another. Even with the wolf and twilight realm stuff it didn't feel new. Maybe it had more to do with me growing up with the franchise as it grew then being an adult when TP came out, but I was just disappointed with the game. The dungeons lacked challenge, the world didn't feel alive, and most importantly it didn't feel new. Yes it was technically better quantitatively, but at it core they gave people what they thought they wanted, a darker, more realistic Ocarina of Time. The thing is, I already played Ocarina of Time to death.

supermonkey122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am the only one who's favorite is Twilight Princess. I also love Link Between worlds and am sad to see that it is not on here.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.