Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Apr 27, 2007

A free-to-play MMORPG set in the Lord of the Rings universe, at the same time as The Fellowship of the Ring.

Did the Monster Play Idea work out?

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Pazy

Ive been reading up on LOTRO lately (I have a habit of looking into MMO's a lot since I still havent figured out whats so good about them but thats a seperate issue) and one of the things that intruiges me is the Monster Play option. It sounded really intruiging but I tried to read up about it and it seems to exist in one area seperate from the "normal" area but it dosent seem to say anywhere whether it expanded along with the free DLC and the expansion pack. 

Is the Monster Play still active? At this point is it only in the original area of the game?

Im not sure if any Giant Bomb fans even play LOTRO but heres hoping, thanks for any help you can give.

Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Out_On_Bail
    @Pazy: I haven't played in a few months but from what I did play the Monster Play was still very much active.  Previous to the expansion, a player must of reached level 40 to get into the area of Monster Play. This may of changed post Mines of Moria. With the level cap raised to 60 now, I know it would behoove you to at least be at 55 before trying to go in there. It should also be noted that all monsters are level 60. To be a monster, I think all you have to do is roll a good guy and level him/her to 10.  After that you can create a level 60 monster. There's some new stuff in the Monster Play area as well, but for the most part it's the same as it was before the expansion.

As for being the 'only original area of the game' that's not true at all. In order to get the the new stuff which starts around level 40, you have to go through all of the old stuff.  

I hope I helped! As I said it's been a few months so my memory is a little foggy, maybe someone can correct any errors I've said. :)
    Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Pazy
    @Out_On_Bail said:
    "As for being the 'only original area of the game' that's not true at all. In order to get the the new stuff which starts around level 40, you have to go through all of the old stuff.  "

Thanks for the information since it aleviates my main worry about the game. Though when I said "Though is it only in the original Area of the game" I wasent meaning did they delete all the shadows of angmar content, I meant did they add any new Monster Play stuff/places to the Monster Play for Mines of Moria or do you have to "leave" the MoM content to go back the the "original" stuff which might make the Monster Play feel like a second option rather than an integral part of the game.

Though if its still active as you say then its not such an important issue, thanks for helping me :)

_k1_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 23

#4  Edited By _k1_

Late to the party, but you only have to be level 10 to do MP as far as I can tell.  I have MoM, so I don't know if that matters, but the MP button became available once I hit that level.  Some people even do MP as part of their free trial.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.