Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Matrix Online

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Mar 22, 2005

The Matrix Online was an MMORPG that continued the story of the Matrix franchise past the third film, 'Revolutions'. The game featured a unique 'Interlock' combat system, flexible skill allocation and a constantly evolving storyline that players could interact with. The game was shut down on July 31st, 2009.

The Matrix Online - The final hour to be preserved?

t2t2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By t2t2

As most of you might already know, I recorded the live stream (including pre-show and first hour) of " The Matrix Online: Not Like This - Finale" and uploaded it to YouTube. Well, this message popped in my YouTube mailbox:

Hello,
    I am involved with Stanford University's Preserving Virtual Worlds project. We are working with the Library of Congress and three other universities to research and preserve virtual worlds (as might be apparent from the title of the project). You can find information on this project at http://pvw.illinois.edu/pvw/

Your "Giant Bomb - The Matrix Online" video is a wonderful artifact and I am hoping you will give us permission to archive it in our collection. To see other items in our archive, you can look here: http://www.archive.org/details/virtual_worlds

Please let me know if this meets with your approval and if you have other videos you think might be appropriate for inclusion in our archive. We prefer using the raw video (vs the version uploaded to YouTube) as we find the quality of the version downloaded from YT to be somewhat downgraded. And rather than the short video collection on YouTube, we'd like to archive the full version. Also, what name would you like listed as creator of the video?

Thank you in advance,
    ~Susan

I forwarded her here, hopefully Giant Bomb agrees.

(Giant Bomb videos are artifacts? Oh wow...)
    NukeSpoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By NukeSpoon

Whoa. That's pretty cool!

EvangelBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By EvangelBlue

That's pretty awesome. Did you tell the staff about this?

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#4  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Dude yes! Even though a society dedicated to preserving virtual worlds is stupid (Blame all the over-hype Second Life obtained from the media), you should still accept the offer. Why? Because you CAN!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.