Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Order: 1886

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Feb 20, 2015

A third-person shooter set in a steampunk-themed alternate timeline, with a dash of the supernatural. Developed by Ready at Dawn Studios for the PlayStation 4.

Worth it for £20?

thomasnash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

So this is on sale for about £20 on the playstation store at the moment (it's about the same for a disc version) and seeing it made me wonder whether it was worth that price, really?

I was interested in this game when I first saw it, but as it approached release it became apparent that it wasn't going to be worth the full price. I was kind of interested in the idea of seamless movement between cutscenes and gameplay, and I thought the setting looked at least mildly interesting - I just thought it looked a bit bare bones for full price, and hearing that the story wasn't good enough to hold it up definitely put me off.

So pretty simple really. Is it worth £20 or should I really only consider it for less?

euantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@thomasnash: I just took the plunge on Amazon (£20.49) as I had an Amazon gift voucher. From what I've played so far (around ~1.5 hours), it's a decent game but hardly remarkable. It's a standard third person cover shooter with a lot of walking around fairly slowly. I certainly don't see myself playing it through again, but at least the story, setting, voice acting and graphics are pretty good. I certainly don't regret the purchase.

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Cirdain

I think it depends on how much you appreciate game art assets.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.