Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Outer Worlds

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Oct 25, 2019

A sci-fi RPG from Obsidian Entertainment in the vein of Fallout: New Vegas.

Is there something funny going on with the FOV in this game or is it just me?

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By development

I'm not talking about it defaulting to basically 20; the issue I'm having is that, no matter how much I adjust the FOV, I just feel like I can't focus my eyes on anything 100%. Like everything is just a little too far away, or too close, or too blurry. Played Skyrim and New Vegas and Fallout 4 all on this same computer and TV (yes I just play my PC games on my TV) and never had any kind of issue like this.

Setting are set to "Very High" on everything, getting consistent 30 fps (I've come to terms with it). Settled on 85 FOV, because it's the least wonky.

Casepb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Casepb

Never had any issues with the FOV I keep mine at 120. I know what you mean about being blurry though and for me that's because they built the game with TAA in mind so you pretty much got to keep it on and it blurs the image real bad, especially the distance. When disabling TAA the graphics really go into shit show territory. Also keep in mind this is UE4 and not the same old Creation Engine Skyrim and Fallout used. But yeah, my guess would be the TAA is the issue. I really hate it and hope next gen engines have something much better looking to hand aliasing.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Chromatic aberration is tied in with a bunch of other stuff. Find that setting and turn it all the way off, I think it's the top one, and see if that's any better. Also, I turned the fov up to 100.

I love this game so far but port wise it's pretty bare bones.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By chaser324  Moderator
    cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't know if it's related but i find the FOV in the new Modern Warfare to be a little strange, usually i have it set to about 90 but i currently have it at 105, that feels right to me but objects in front are ever so slightly too far away now, and the edges of the screen are warping more than i'd like.
    I don't know if this is possible, but would designing for 4K affect this sort of thing? Like if FOV and camera positions are developed primarily for 4K and it's affecting lower resolutions?

Sahalarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By Sahalarious

@development: i have the same issue, i feel like this game looks exceptionally bad but hadn't been able to put my finger on it. tried it on PC with better results but it still feels very dated

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By development
    selbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had the same sensation. Turning off motion blur helped for me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.