Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Pinball Arcade

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Feb 09, 2012

Official virtual recreations of numerous pinball tables from some of the largest manufacturers of pinball machines in history.

Any other 360 users tired of waiting for Pinball Arcade DLC?

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

Well, you're going to have to keep waiting:

http://www.facebook.com/pinballarcade

The first table pack (Medieval Madness and Bride of PinBot) will be released for the PS Vita on June 12th, and for the PlayStation 3 on June 26th.
    The second table pack (Cirqus Voltaire and Funhouse) will be released for the PlayStation 3 on June 26th and for the PS Vita on July 3rd.
    We have been having difficulty getting Microsoft to approve the new tables for the Xbox 360. The problem centers around a little-known Microsoft limitation of 4 MB on the size of the title update for the game code. We can package the data for each table separately, but the code for the new tables is larger than 4 MB and must be in the update. We have finally convinced them to grant us an exception, so we'll be resubmitting all 4 new tables tomorrow and rolling them out to you just as quickly as we can. We'll announce the date when we know it.
    The European versions of the PlayStation 3 and PS Vita games will reach the end of their certification cycles this week. We hope to have dates to report to you very soon.
    Thanks to everyone for your patience as we work to get these released- we know how frustrating it is to not be able to play these great new tables. We apologize if sometimes it seems we're slow on releasing information, but we don't want to give you a date that turns out later to be wrong. We do read every post, email, and rant.

Fuck's sake, Microsoft! So you deny certification for some seemingly stupidly arbitrary reason, then you make an exception--which pretty much goes to show how pointless and stupid the denial was in the first place--and THEN instead of just uploading the damn update that has already been submitted TWICE, you force the developer to resubmit their update and go through the entire certification process a THIRD time!?

Pathetic.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Hizang

All this behind the scene stuff sucks, not just here but in multiple cases this stuff just gets in the way. In the end when it finally comes out people would have probably moved on, so its a shame.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@Hizang said:

All this behind the scene stuff sucks, not just here but in multiple cases this stuff just gets in the way. In the end when it finally comes out people would have probably moved on, so its a shame.

I personally won't be losing interest. These most of these tables are over 10 years old, and this is about the only way most of us are ever going to be able to play them. It is a shame that Far Sight studios is getting jerked around by MS so much, though.

Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By Driadon

I'm glad Far Sight was able to move Microsoft forward. They work they do is fantastic, and I can't wait to hear from the 360 players about how awesome it is to play Medieval Madness.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By Dagbiker

The thing is, without all these "Arbitrary" things, it just becomes Microsoft Indy Crap.

CharAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By CharAznable

Ugh, I just saw this on their Facebook page earlier. Really frustrated with the situation, this blows. The promise (or at least hope) of a steady stream of DLC tables is what made me buy the game. I just want Revenge From Mars, damn it.

On the bright side, I think I read that they achieved their Kickstarter goal to get the Twilight Zone table, and they're working on licensing Star Trek TNG next. So that's something.

nelander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By nelander

While I would like them to release the tables as soon as possible, this kind of processes are needed for QA. yeah it might seem arbitrary to us, but I am sure there is reason that limitation was put in the first place. Through it is possible that reason is not as important now as bandwith access expands.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@Dagbiker said:

The thing is, without all these "Arbitrary" things, it just becomes Microsoft Indy Crap.

@Nelander said:

While I would like them to release the tables as soon as possible, this kind of processes are needed for QA. yeah it might seem arbitrary to us, but I am sure there is reason that limitation was put in the first place.

A fair amount of that "indie crap" is far better than the loads of XBLA titles.

As far my use of the word "arbitrary," when something is an important requirement one minute, and the next it's something that can be ignored and forgotten about, that strikes me as arbitrary. Either it should have never been a requirement, or an exception should not have been made. If this is important enough to delay DLC plans two months, it should be important enough for MS to refuse to make an exception concerning their certification policy.

And when the exact same DLC has to be submitted twice, that strikes me as an example of poor service.

On another note, if MS wanted to protect us from Far Sight studios in the first place, why didn't they deny Williams Hall of Fame Pinball certification when it shipped without friends leaderboards?

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Dagbiker

@SpaceInsomniac said:

@Dagbiker said:

@Nelander said:

While I would like them to release the tables as soon as possible, this kind of processes are needed for QA. yeah it might seem arbitrary to us, but I am sure there is reason that limitation was put in the first place.

A fair amount of that "indie crap" is far better than the loads of XBLA titles.

As far my use of the word "arbitrary," when something is an important requirement one minute, and the next it's something that can be ignored and forgotten about, that strikes me as arbitrary. Either it should have never been a requirement, or an exception should not have been made. If this is important enough to delay DLC plans two months, it should be important enough for MS to refuse to make an exception concerning their certification policy.

And when the exact same DLC has to be submitted twice, that strikes me as an example of poor service.

On another note, if MS wanted to protect us from Far Sight studios in the first place, why didn't they deny Williams Hall of Fame Pinball certification when it shipped without friends leaderboards?

I was more referring to the Massagers, and I think the Ideas are good on a lot of them, but the execution is not always there.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By iamjohn

@Dagbiker said:

I do not see how Microsoft's 4 MB cap on patch and forced update sizes, an obvious carry-over from when they couldn't be sure that everyone with an Xbox has a hard drive, is one of the things keeping XBLA from devolving into Indie Games.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Dagbiker

@iAmJohn said:

@Dagbiker said:

I do not see how Microsoft's 4 MB cap on patch and forced update sizes, an obvious carry-over from when they couldn't be sure that everyone with an Xbox has a hard drive, is one of the things keeping XBLA from devolving into Indie Games.

Its not just that, but everything they force Game Devs to do.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@iAmJohn said:

@Dagbiker said:

To say nothing of the required 2 gigabyte update I was forced to install recently to continue playing Battlefield 3 online. I'm betting Microsoft didn't ask EA to resubmit that update twice, or miss their announced DLC release by over two months.

Seriously, there's no defending MS on this.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By iamjohn

@SpaceInsomniac said:

@iAmJohn said:

@Dagbiker said:

To say nothing of the required 2 gigabyte update I was forced to install recently to continue playing Battlefield 3 online. I'm betting Microsoft didn't ask EA to resubmit that update twice, or miss their announced DLC release by over two months.

Seriously, there's no defending MS on this.

EA did the same thing with Burnout Paradise numerous times. I wonder if there's some special treatment EA gets by virtue of them essentially using Xbox Live as a redirect to their servers and they end up hosting those downloads themselves.

HumanityPlague

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By HumanityPlague

It is kind of annoying. I'd be happier if they actually fixed the tables they have in the game right now. The Ripley's table feels broken, especially two of the goals (Frog Multiball and get to Atlantis). Tales of Arabian Nights is still a bit busted (trying to get Harem Multiball), but it's better than in the original Williams Collection release. The biggest bug though is what happened with Theatre of Magic. I completed the Wizard goals and exited the table (via the system menu on 360). When I got back in the game I chose the Ripley's table, the game auto-saved and unlocked the "No Tilt" cheat. So, Ripley's has No Tilt and Theatre of Magic doesn't. It's kind of an odd problem. The people who are at FarSight are extremely un-communicative of any questions or concerns about their products as well.

mason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By mason

When I first bought Pinball Arcade, I was rediscovering pinball and it had me completely obsessed for a good 6 weeks. Thanks in part to this game. After being strung along for months, now my excitement has downgraded from obsession to mild interest.

I have the PSN version, so at least I finally know it's coming on the 26th. But I've definitely lost my initial excitement. It's not out of any sense of entitlement. It's just that objectively, they missed their timing. With only 4 tables at launch, it's the promise of soon-to-come DLC that fed the obsession. That eventually dissipated as new games came along.

Now, I'm still looking forward to those tables, but I would have gotten a lot more out of them in May when I was most hungry for content.

edit:

As a small developer, Farsight have definitely have bitten off more than they could chew. Continuing to launch on every conceivable system (each with unique challenges), constantly launching new DLC (often failing), licensing future tables, producing new tables for DLC, patching graphical improvements, squashing platform specific bugs, keeping in touch with customers, etc. Seems like they barely have enough manpower to deliver everything they promise, so the quality continues to suffer. Things would be going a lot smoother if they were less ambitious.

Berserk007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By Berserk007

bumping this up because god damn it I am sick of the run around, they have been and continue to be vague as to when the dlc will come. Latest news was mid July...well that's come and gone, and trying to find updated info on their Facebook page is a joke, the xbox dlc might as well not even exist according to how much effort they put in to keeping us informed. It's a real shame because they have a solid product, too bad their customer service can suck a dick.

Shakey1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Shakey1245

Welp . .

Unfortunately it's not going to be this week- we just got word the Microsoft rejected it AGAIN. This time it was for a single "bug"- if you download a new table to a memory card instead of your hard drive and then pull the card out of the 360 while attempting to load that table, the game becomes unresponsive (although you can still exit and restart- it hasn't crashed). This behavior was present in every other submission to them but they didn't flag it until now. We'll try to argue our way out of it, but unless we succeed we'll have to resubmit it once again. We're sorry for the continue delay- we're more frustrated about it than you are!

Pulling a memory card/USB stick out of a console while it is saving/loading can cause it crash. Who knew?

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@Shakey1245 said:

Welp . .

Unfortunately it's not going to be this week- we just got word the Microsoft rejected it AGAIN. This time it was for a single "bug"- if you download a new table to a memory card instead of your hard drive and then pull the card out of the 360 while attempting to load that table, the game becomes unresponsive (although you can still exit and restart- it hasn't crashed). This behavior was present in every other submission to them but they didn't flag it until now. We'll try to argue our way out of it, but unless we succeed we'll have to resubmit it once again. We're sorry for the continue delay- we're more frustrated about it than you are!

Pulling a memory card/USB stick out of a console while it is saving/loading can cause it crash. Who knew?

Thank goodness for this delay. I pull the memory cards out while I'm saving my game all the time. Sometimes I save my game over and over again, while pulling the memory card in and out and laughing hysterically, and I demand that Microsoft never releases a game that prevents me from doing so.

Seriously, at this point, I think someone at Farsight Studios has either knowingly or unknowingly made an enemy with someone at MS certification. I can't think of any other reasonable explanation.

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

#19  Edited By KaneRobot

Here's their reason for the 360 being absolutely fucking abysmal on DLC for this game (from their Facebook page): Crave's bankruptcy messed things up for them.

The following is our X-Box announcement from our newsletter:

FarSight offers its apologies for the delays in releasing additional content for the Xbox 360 of Pinball Arcade. We want to assure 360 players that these delays are temporary and we fully intend to continue supporting this console. The issues are not the fault of Microsoft nor are they due to the title update procedure. The 360 is the only platform that we cannot publish on directly. Selling digital content requires a current Publishing License Agreement (PLA) with Microsoft to release games. We are working through complications regarding our publisher Crave Entertainment filing bankruptcy. At this moment, we are not able to submit new content. However, we expect to start rolling out the updates shortly and catch the Table Pack releases on 360 up to the other platforms within a few months.
    NeedleBanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ya this is total bullshit. Still absolutely nothing new to download on the Xbox Marketplace. Why the fuck are these guys even releasing a pinball game of this caliber on the dumbass iPhone, are you kidding me? This game is primarily available on the iPhone/iPad - that is by far the STUPIDEST thing I've ever seen (aside from Microshit's rules) because of the following:

- you're making 1 of the best pinball games of all time, but your main audience is a bunch of morons who can't tell the difference because they play the game on their cellphones

- you have absolutely ZERO control using a smartglass tablet of any kind, as there are no actual buttons

- the best system for this game (Xbox 360) also happens to be the 1 system that they haven't released any content for in the last 2 years

- the company can't be making the money it currently needs to conquer their problems (Kickstarter) when it's giving away premium tables & content (extras, flyers, balls etc.) for free on their iOS versions.

If you ask me I'd say we can pretty much give up hope of any miracles happening. What a short-lived run that was for anybody who bought this game, all the DLC, and was waiting for more on Xbox 360.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@needlebanger said:

Ya this is total bullshit. Still absolutely nothing new to download on the Xbox Marketplace. Why the fuck are these guys even releasing a pinball game of this caliber on the dumbass iPhone, are you kidding me?

Good news:

Loading Video...

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1067367405/pinball-arcade-terminator-2-judgment-day

If their T2: Judgement Day kickstarter doesn't succeed, we might never see Adams Family, but at least the non-super expensive licensed tables will likely keep coming.

I'm pretty sure you can also buy the game on PC now. Or if not, you will be able to soon.

Terra1909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Terra1909
    @spaceinsomniac said:

@needlebanger said:

Ya this is total bullshit. Still absolutely nothing new to download on the Xbox Marketplace. Why the fuck are these guys even releasing a pinball game of this caliber on the dumbass iPhone, are you kidding me?

Good news:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1067367405/pinball-arcade-terminator-2-judgment-day

If their T2: Judgement Day kickstarter doesn't succeed, we might never see Adams Family, but at least the non-super expensive licensed tables will likely keep coming.

I'm pretty sure you can also buy the game on PC now. Or if not, you will be able to soon.

I really hope the T2 kickstarter goes through. Only a couple of days left and they are like two grand away. If it doesn't we might not get anymore licensed tables. If anyone is still playing or just likes to support good work being done then back this.

PulledaBrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like it has been pulled from XBLA. Good news is the T2 KS has reached its goal. So theres that.

NeedleBanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By NeedleBanger

@pulledabrad: Wow what a massive suprise! Fuck this game. I can't believe the gaming industry - in less than a decade the corporations moved in on the gaming industry, swallowed it whole, and left no chance for any survivors to recover (ie. patents, monopolies, etc). It's obviously over for gaming, just look at the facts:

1. They literally release 1-3 "good" games per year. That number seems to decrease yearly as well.

2. The rest of the games released (per year) are HORRENDOUS forgettable trash with ADVERTISING being the only backbone in the entire industry.

3. They are releasing UNFINISHED games to the public for full price ($60+) and using the Internet connection as a lazy excuse to "update" and "patch" their unfinished glitchy games. They're also using this method to charge you more money for pathetic DLC, that otherwise would have been included in the game for free (before the exploitation of Downloadable Content)

4. All the smaller companies who really started the gaming boom in the 90's are completely annihilated these days. Studios aren't given anywhere near enough time to complete their games, (if they are then these creators have no vision whatsoever). You NEVER see a masterpiece game anymore because corporations don't run their companies that way. It's a all about minimal product for maximum profits. In their minds, if you want a higher quality product then you have to pay more for it. That's why it seems like there's a cap on quality these days. "Can't be givin' people TOO good of a product..." Sickening practices & procedures in an industry that was built around ART FORM, as opposed to revenue!! CORPORATIONS ARE THE DISEASE THAT KILLED GAMING!!!! THQ is a prime example.

5. If you're gonna try telling me, "Oh ya just wait cause the PS4 & XBOX ONE are coming out!" Hahaha you are a fucking dumbass, have you not directed your attention to the Wii U? Because it's a next-gen system and it SUCKS!!! There isn't a single good game, and by the looks of E3 there's isn't a single good game coming out for it! Mariokart Wii-U, wow, you're gonna pay $550 for a new Mariokart? And don't think the PS4 & XBOX ONE will be any different, it's going to be the same locked-down bullshit we have come to expect over the last 4 years. To think it would be any different would be idiocy. Don't even get me started on XBOX ONE's Kinect spy camera.

I could go on for hours with this list but its not worth my time. As far as The Pinball Arcade being dropped from Xbox goes, it's just another nail in an already 6ft deep Microsoft coffin. My official decision to discontinue Xbox live expiry came long before hearing this typical news of TPA not having anymore table packs. Too bad too because my gamerscore is 49,655. I loved The Pinball Arcade for Xbox too, I would have bought all the DLC. However, I'm not spending a dime on this game for PS3 or any other device I own because its not the same. That is what you call LOSING A DEVOTED CUSTOMER, you stupid fucks.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NeedleBanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By NeedleBanger

Ya right, that's already been said on this forum about 10 times in the last year. That would be the first good release on Xbox Live since Trials Evolution came out, 2 years ago...

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

#27  Edited By KaneRobot

A year and a half after the original post here was made... Farsight is STILL maintaining they are planning on releasing for 360. They just recently (as in December 2013) said that basically they have a plan for the 360 but are not able to discuss it since it is still not finalized.

I'll buy every table they put out if it does somehow arrive, but I'm not switching platforms. Ain't paying for the same tables twice, and I want my library to be complete. My hope is if/when it does arrive, they'll have some kind of discount on the season packs. Right now on Android the season packs are discounted to 30 bucks each which isn't too bad, I'd hope they'd at least match that.

I'll still believe it when I see it.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#28  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

If you're still waiting on those 360 tables, just buy the game on another platform.

My 360 is in a box now, so I'm beyond waiting. Picked up the Steam release when it hit a few months ago, and it's pretty solid. The iOS, Android, and PS4 releases are also apparently pretty solid, so it's never been a better time to jump ship to a more well supported version.

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

I finally just gave up on the tables for the 360. I am trying to figure out right now if I want to buy the season packs on Steam or if I want to wait until I get a PS4. I did read recently that they are adding DX11 support to the Steam version to bring the visuals up to par with the PS4 version, which looks amazing.

NeedleBanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still stand by every word I said. I bought the Pro Pack for PS4 and it kicked ass, but after a month I was totally done with it. Got all the standard goals on every table & most pro goals. I waited months for new tables to come out, and when they finally did they chinced out so hard (2 tables only when the entire season 2 is out on iOS) and expected me to pay $5 per table. What is this shit? Here comes more drip-feeding BS, courtesy of the PS4!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.