Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Pinball Arcade

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Feb 09, 2012

Official virtual recreations of numerous pinball tables from some of the largest manufacturers of pinball machines in history.

Never cared much for pinball until now!

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By MachoFantastico

Been playing the hell out of Pinball Arcade and have to say I've fallen in love with it. Now I want to buy my very own Theatre of Magic pinball table. :)

Jeff is right, the fact that you know these are based on real tables does make a huge difference, that and the physics feel right. I've since had a go at Pinball FX 2 and couldn't stand it to be honest, mainly due to how sluggish the physics feel. Enjoying all four tables but Theatre of Magic & Arabian Nights are the real highlights. Can't wait to experience more tables in the coming months.

I do agree that some of its other features are lacking compared to Pinball FX 2 but it's not a deal breaker. Hopefully it's something that can add in future patches. Speaking of which I would love a gallery view where I could take a closer look at the tables.

Now I have a very limited experience with pinball machines (played a few when I was younger while on holiday in Wales) so its saying something that Pinball Arcade made me fall in love with it like it did. Just sad I probably won't get to experience these awesome tables in real life.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By joshthebear

Theatre of Magic is godly. Easily the table I've spent the most time with in the game.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#3  Edited By fox01313

@TrueEnglishGent: Might want to look for the Gottlieb & Williams collections done (for original xbox & xbox 360 for example), there's plenty of great tables on the Williams collection that gets the tables done rather well & quite a wide range of tables on that unlike with the launch of the Pinball Arcade which is why I can't wait to see what DLC they put in on this game.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@TrueEnglishGent:

Well, now you have a choice to make. You can either...

1) Run out and buy a copy of Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection, gaining almost instant access to 11 more tables, most of which are great.

2) Wait for the majority of the tables to become DLC for the Pinball Arcade, where they will feature better graphics and physics.

There's one thing I can tell you right now that might help you make up your mind. The Williams Collection doesn't have online friend leaderboards. Yeah, I know. Sad but true.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.