Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Pinball Arcade

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Feb 09, 2012

Official virtual recreations of numerous pinball tables from some of the largest manufacturers of pinball machines in history.

Pinball Arcade DLC is FINALLY available for the Xbox 360

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

DLC pack #1

DLC pack #2

And coming soon, DLC pack #3

Now for the bad news. Tables are sold in packs of two, have no trial versions, and they come with a grand total of ONE achievement for each table; a boring local high score goal. Each table still has the five basic and five wizard goals, but they're not tied to an achievement.

Dammit, the gameplay itself is SO good. Why does Farsight continue to drop the ball with so many other aspects of this game? No pun intended.

Artigkar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Artigkar

Cool beans! I had only 400 points so I bought the first pack, not yet switched on the xbox to download. How is the second pack?

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@Artigkar said:

Cool beans! I had only 400 points so I bought the first pack, not yet switched on the xbox to download. How is the second pack?

Not sure just yet. I only bought the first pack myself. I want to wait until I've played these for several days before buying the second pack. I have played Funhouse in the disc version of the game, though. It's not a bad table, but it's not a favorite of mine, either.

Personally, I'm hoping for Whirlwind, Taxi, and Space Shuttle. And brand new tables, of course.

Avatar image for magicallystoopid
    Magicallystoopid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Magicallystoopid

@SpaceInsomniac said:

@Artigkar said:

Not sure just yet. I only bought the first pack myself. I want to wait until I've played these for several days before buying the second pack. I have played Funhouse in the disc version of the game, though. It's not a bad table, but it's not a favorite of mine, either.

Personally, I'm hoping for Whirlwind, Taxi, and Space Shuttle. And brand new tables, of course.

Taxi is confirmed for the next update after Creature From The Black Lagoon.

Artigkar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Artigkar

Well, I played some of the first DLC pack yesterday. My first impressions is that I like the audio on both tables, lots of funny voice samples on the medieval madness table. Medieval madness is kinda hard, but quite fun. Bride of Pinbot is a strange table IMO, but I like it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b047a335a3c2
    deactivated-5b047a335a3c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I had no problem getting a high score on the other tables, but funhouse is real hard, not sure why.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@ManiacMaysin said:

I had no problem getting a high score on the other tables, but funhouse is real hard, not sure why.

Read the instructions. One awesome thing about The Pinball Arcade is that the table instructions are second to none. For that table, I'd especially learn about advancing the clock, and earning extra balls.

I'm really liking Cirqus Voltaire but I can't quite figure out the best way to deal with the sometimes downright awful outlanes. Anyone have some advice to share?

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#8  Edited By fox01313

Nice to see them doing new tables for this XBLA title though I'd prefer if they weren't just taking the stuff from the Williams collection put out on the 360 not too long ago (which I still have) and put out other new tables not yet released digitally in this format (like Theater of Magic & Ripley's Believe it or not).

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@fox01313 said:

Nice to see them doing new tables for this XBLA title though I'd prefer if they weren't just taking the stuff from the Williams collection put out on the 360 not too long ago (which I still have) and put out other new tables not yet released digitally in this format (like Theater of Magic & Ripley's Believe it or not).

The good news is that the re-released tables look and feel way better. Medieval Madness is especially improved, largely in thanks to moving the flippers just slightly closer together. Feels a lot more fair now.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#10  Edited By Hailinel

@SpaceInsomniac said:

Dammit, the gameplay itself is SO good. Why does Farsight continue to drop the ball with so many other aspects of this game? No pun intended.

How do you know that this isn't at least to some extent Microsoft's fault for their bizarre DLC policies?

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

#11  Edited By bobafettjm

I downloaded both packs a couple of days ago, unlocked all the achievements, but none of them counted even though they were still unlocked. I actually had to re-download my profile and re-unlock them.

However I think the packs are great, I enjoy all of the tables quite a bit. They really did improve the tables a lot from the Williams Collection. I had never previously played Cirqus Voltaire before, and I have to say I am really liking it a lot.

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By Rebel_Scum

Without the twilight zone I can't justify buying this game.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@Hailinel said:

@SpaceInsomniac said:

How do you know that this isn't at least to some extent Microsoft's fault for their bizarre DLC policies?

Originally, I was using the fact that single tables for Pinball FX come with 3 achievements each, so it might be the fault of Farsight if they were the ones who decided to release tables in packs of two. Although it has been suggested that it might be the large amount of DLC that is planed that is causing the restrictions, with MS only allowing a certain amount of new achievements in a given year. At this point, it really is hard to know for sure either way.

@Rebel_Scum said:

Without the twilight zone I can't justify buying this game.

It's coming. They've signed the licencing agreement and everything.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By kindgineer

The lack of achievements is a hard sell for me. I mean, I love Pinball, but it just hurts to know that I don't have many goals to shoot for (achievements wise) and will have to rely on the leaderboards and my own motivation to do better.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#15  Edited By napalm

Aren't these free on PS3N?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bobafettjm said:

I downloaded both packs a couple of days ago, unlocked all the achievements, but none of them counted even though they were still unlocked. I actually had to re-download my profile and re-unlock them.

Wait, how did you do that? Cause my achievements for Bride Of Pinbot and Medieval Madness aren't registering, but Funhouse and Cirquis Voltaire are.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TeflonBilly said:

@bobafettjm said:

Wait, how did you do that? Cause my achievements for Bride Of Pinbot and Medieval Madness aren't registering, but Funhouse and Cirquis Voltaire are.

Nevermind me, I'm a doofus. I figured it out easily. Derp

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

DLC pack #4

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.