Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Pinball Arcade

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Feb 09, 2012

Official virtual recreations of numerous pinball tables from some of the largest manufacturers of pinball machines in history.

Pinball Arcade finally Greenlit.

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

Happy to see that The Pinball Arcade as finally been green lit Loved the heck out of this game on iOS but have been reluctant to invest in tables on consoles knowing a PC version might be possible. So happy it's finally got through. Can't wait. Any one else looking forward to it?

Sounds like a release won't be far off, the Steam Group suggest it might be within a month. I remember reading that FarSight had been developing it for PC for a good while because of a potential Windows 8 release.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

This is great news. I already own the 360 version, but I'll probably repurchase it on Steam so that I can finally get some of those DLC tables that are pretty much never going to see a 360 release.

RockyRaccoon37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By RockyRaccoon37

Awesome news!

I've played the hell out of Pinball Arcade on iOS and bought a few tables. It'd be nice if your purchases transferred over, but I doubt that'll be the case.

How does the game play with a controller?

datarez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

That's good news, finally. Couldn't figure out why they were even having to go through this process since it's a pretty quality product.

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

#5  Edited By bobafettjm

More pinball is always good news. I will probably end up getting this version since I am getting a little tired of waiting for the tables on the 360 version.

Also @rockyraccoon37: The game plays perfectly fine with a controller.

expensiveham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By expensiveham

Cool. I don't care much for Pinball but hearing Jeff talk about it makes it seem like a well done product that has a lot of effort and polish put into it.

HarlechQuinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By HarlechQuinn

Oh, this reminds me that I am still waiting for my "Star Trek The Next Generation" key (PSN) from the Kickstarter...

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For all the effort they apparently put into recreating these tables, Black Knight 2000 not having its amazing music in any of the current versions is depressing.

I'm keeping my eye on this version in the hope they fix that, Steam would be a great platform to sell dlc tables.

samuraigarrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By samuraigarrin

@cikame: Actually, the table in The Pinball Arcade is Black Knight, which was originally released in 1980. It is not Black Knight 2000, which was released in 1989 as a sequel to the original. Hopefully Farsight will get around to making BK2000 for the game someday.

Compare!

Black Knight

Black Knight 2000

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.