Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Saboteur

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Dec 08, 2009

The Saboteur is a action-packed, free-roaming sandbox game that takes place in Nazi-occupied France during World War II. Drive the Nazis out of Paris through whatever means necessary as Irish mechanic-turned-race-car-driver-turned-soldier-of-fortune Sean Devlin.

Saboteur 2?

ford873

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ford873

So does anyone know if there is any truth to the rumours for a sequel to this game? I thought it was awesome and would love it if there is a second game.
    Dylabaloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Dylabaloo

Well the studio that made it are closed so, no fucking way.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By Yummylee

What rumours? And I would like a Saboteur sequel. Could hopefully improve on the originals terrible stealth mechanics to make for a really great game.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#4  Edited By AgentJ

It would be welcome, but unfortunately it seems very unlikely.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jack268

The studio is closed and hasnt even released the PROMISED fix for PC. I doubt a RUMOR will come true.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
    deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

God, I wish it was true, but I doubt it because it was the studio's swan song.

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By landon

I actually just bought the game a few days ago. I think its really fun. Hope there's another someday.

Deusoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Deusoma
    @Dylabaloo said:
    " Well the studio that made it are closed so, no fucking way. "
    I know it's a month later, but I really have to say, have you ever paid close attention to video game development? Knights of the Old Republic II, Crackdown 2, Fallout: New Vegas, they're all made by companies that didn't make the original game. Hell, Bungie's handing off the rights to Halo, a top-tier franchise, to 343 Studios. EA still owns the rights to The Saboteur, so Pandemic being closed in no way means we'll never see a sequel.

Granted: All three games I used as examples are considered inferior to the original, and whether 343 does anything good with Halo remains to be seen.

Now, The Saboteur didn't do very well financially or critically, and that's a reason to believe there will never be a sequel.
    L33tfella_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By L33tfella_H
    @Deusoma said:

" @Dylabaloo said:

" Well the studio that made it are closed so, no fucking way. "
    I know it's a month later, but I really have to say, have you ever paid close attention to video game development? Knights of the Old Republic II, Crackdown 2, Fallout: New Vegas, they're all made by companies that didn't make the original game. Hell, Bungie's handing off the rights to Halo, a top-tier franchise, to 343 Studios. EA still owns the rights to The Saboteur, so Pandemic being closed in no way means we'll never see a sequel.

Granted: All three games I used as examples are considered inferior to the original, and whether 343 does anything good with Halo remains to be seen.

Now, The Saboteur didn't do very well financially or critically, and that's a reason to believe there will never be a sequel. "
    New Vegas isn't exactly out yet, but i assume that's just gauging your own personal thoughts on that game. Also, people like to shit on Kotor II, but i actually liked it. 

I think The Saboteur has some pretty interesting designs about it but someone else giving it a second shot might iron out some of the more mediocre aspects of it. I think they definently should try their hand at letting someone make a sequel.
    Deusoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Deusoma
    @L33tfella_H: 
    About New Vegas: slip of the "tongue", I got distracted while writing and forgot to mention that. My bad, I don't really have much of an opinion on it myself. And I actually really like The Saboteur, I'm currently wrapping up a Let's Play video series of it.
    L33tfella_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By L33tfella_H
    @Deusoma:  LP series? Nice. Got a link?
    demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By demonbear

Well EA still has the IP so its not "impossible" but unlikely. Sales weren't that good.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.