Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Saboteur

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Dec 08, 2009

The Saboteur is a action-packed, free-roaming sandbox game that takes place in Nazi-occupied France during World War II. Drive the Nazis out of Paris through whatever means necessary as Irish mechanic-turned-race-car-driver-turned-soldier-of-fortune Sean Devlin.

The Saboteur is Out on GOG. Let's Show Some Love.

daiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

The Saboteur recently went up on GOG, and this thread is to show this game some love.

The Saboteur is probably one of my favorite games of the past generation. Technically it wasn't anything ground-breaking, but it had heart. A whole lot of heart.

I feel like after Assassins' Creed took off, everyone was waiting for it to go modern, give us guns and climbing; and The Saboteur did just that. The gunplay feels good, the climbing mechanics, though slow by today's standards, were great back then. I like games that give you freedom in movement, and by that, I mean they give you the mechanics, and the playground, and let you do whatever you want; this is something that I feel has held back Batman games for me, they're too context sensitive; imagine the grappling hook of Just Cause, with that of Batman, the same comparison I feel is apt for the climbing of The Saboteur to that of Assassins' Creed. The stealth wasn't too shabby, either. It actually reminded me of Commandos, an isometric stealth game that had the whole disguise thing way before any other game that I remember.

And it's got styyyyyyyleeeee. The whole oppression by B&W, freedom by color gimmick works well. The soundtrack, even though it's around 10 or so licensed songs, are 10 or so REALLY good songs. All these elements come together to bring a WWII Paris that really stuck with me, even 7 years after its initial release.

Anyway, go check it out. I think it's $10 on GOG now; and GOG has patched some of the PC performance issues, as well.

asmo917

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

Probably won't pick this up on GOG right away, but my 360 copy will never leave my library. This is probably THE game I never finished that I find myself frequently thinking, "Man...I should really go back and play through The Saboteur." Agree with everything said above.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.