Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Saboteur

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Dec 08, 2009

The Saboteur is a action-packed, free-roaming sandbox game that takes place in Nazi-occupied France during World War II. Drive the Nazis out of Paris through whatever means necessary as Irish mechanic-turned-race-car-driver-turned-soldier-of-fortune Sean Devlin.

This game is AMAZING!

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

VWGTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By VWGTI
    @MAN_FLANNEL said:
    " @demonbear said:
    " @guiseppe said:
    " Aurrgh! He didn't say anything about pirating, nor did he brag. He just wanted a discussion about the quality of the game, nothing else. The topic of piracy was forced upon him. "
    Well its related. What is his opinion worth if he didn't pay for it? Paying 60, 70$ for a game will influence your opinion differently than if you got it for free. "
    This idea is wrong and stupid.  What if someone receives a video game as a present?  Would their opinion be worthless because they didn't pay for it themselves?  What if I buy a video game at a 50% discount, is my opinion only 50% valid?  "
    Hahahaha. That is a smart ass reply, but I love it.
    acecards

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By acecards

i came here to know how this game is like but all i saw was some piracy discussion for the 947409709587 time...not cool man

Avatar image for emandudeguyperson
    Emandudeguyperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

This thread sucks, lock 'er up mods, nothing to see here. 

Flagged.

MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL
    @nanikore said:
    " @MAN_FLANNEL: I think he means that if you actually use your hard-earned money to pay for a game you appreciate it more than if you just got it off some site. "
    Game reviewers don't personally pay for the games that developers send to them to review.  Is there no value in their opinion?  Even if the guys on Giantbomb pay for their games out of pocket to review them, I think they right those off as expenditures.  Why even visit video game websites if you hold this idea to be true? 
    MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By MysteriousBob
    @CptBedlam said:
    " @ThisArmyStud: Don't complain about people fucking up this thread. That's what it deserves.  Wanna pirate? Fine. But you have to live with the negative reactions.  Pirates are thieves. "
    Oh shut up, moralfag. 75% of my games are pirated. Live with it. Everyone pirates games, music and movies. There's no difference so stop pretending you're better than everyone else.
    thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#56  Edited By thatfrood

oh God. This is so stupid. Christ, get it away get it away. I've never seen so many dumb opinions about theft.

VWGTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#57  Edited By VWGTI
    @MysteriousBob: 

I don't pirate.
    CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By CptBedlam
    @MAN_FLANNEL said:
    " @nanikore said:
    " @MAN_FLANNEL: I think he means that if you actually use your hard-earned money to pay for a game you appreciate it more than if you just got it off some site. "
    Game reviewers don't personally pay for the games that developers send to them to review.  Is there no value in their opinion?  Even if the guys on Giantbomb pay for their games out of pocket to review them, I think they right those off as expenditures.  Why even visit video game websites if you hold this idea to be true?  "
    There's a difference between pirating a game or getting it as a gift or for review purposes.
    CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By CptBedlam
    @MysteriousBob said:
    " @CptBedlam said:
    " @ThisArmyStud: Don't complain about people fucking up this thread. That's what it deserves.  Wanna pirate? Fine. But you have to live with the negative reactions.  Pirates are thieves. "
    Oh shut up, moralfag. 75% of my games are pirated. Live with it. Everyone pirates games, music and movies. There's no difference so stop pretending you're better than everyone else. "
    I gonna continue shitting on pirate threads. Live with it.
    ThisArmyStud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By ThisArmyStud
    @kmdrkul said:

" @ThisArmyStud: Yes, bragging.

@ThisArmyStud said:

" Offended? Im not offended at all, because at the end of the day, they are going to pay 60 dollars, and im going to pay 1.5 hours of download time, which i have already payed. I think You guys get offended that you dont know how to mod your box, and vent on the people who do. Much like a 5 year old will make fun of another for having a toy, that he does not have. "

Further down the page, you say this.

@ThisArmyStud said:

This isnt about a guy pirating games, its about the quality of the game he pirated. Some of the other people in here just got butt hurt that im playing the game before them. "

But you came off as a complete and utter douche even before this.

@ThisArmyStud said:

" Guys, its not that hard to figure out why i have this game "early"..  Comon... I know one of you can figure it out.  Well maybe not. "

Really, just GTFO if you are going to be a complete and utter twat. "
     Awwwwwwwwww you really took my Butt Hurt comment to heart didnt you pumpkin? Your the exact kind of person i was referring to when i said that, and look at this, you almost cryed right there, i might have even seen a tear roll down your cheek while you were writing that. Someone get this girl a napkin please.
    MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL
    @nanikore said:

" Someone lock this fucking shit already. "

@Emandudeguyperson said:

" This thread sucks, lock 'er up mods, nothing to see here.  Flagged. "

Posting that a thread should get locked is against forum rules. Maybe you guys should actually read them if your going to go around trying to be pseudo-mods.  People that pull this shit all the time make me sick.  Flag it and leave it at that, even if the OP is being a douche. 
    CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By CptBedlam
    @ThisArmyStud said:
    " @kmdrkul said:

" @ThisArmyStud: Yes, bragging.

@ThisArmyStud said:

" Offended? Im not offended at all, because at the end of the day, they are going to pay 60 dollars, and im going to pay 1.5 hours of download time, which i have already payed. I think You guys get offended that you dont know how to mod your box, and vent on the people who do. Much like a 5 year old will make fun of another for having a toy, that he does not have. "

Further down the page, you say this.

@ThisArmyStud said:

This isnt about a guy pirating games, its about the quality of the game he pirated. Some of the other people in here just got butt hurt that im playing the game before them. "

But you came off as a complete and utter douche even before this.

@ThisArmyStud said:

" Guys, its not that hard to figure out why i have this game "early"..  Comon... I know one of you can figure it out.  Well maybe not. "

Really, just GTFO if you are going to be a complete and utter twat. "
     Awwwwwwwwww you really took my Butt Hurt comment to heart didnt you pumpkin? Your the exact kind of person i was referring to when i said that, and look at this, you almost cryed right there, i might have even seen a tear roll down your cheek while you were writing that. Someone get this girl a napkin please. "
    Haha, the anti-piracy comments obviously get to you.
    OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#63  Edited By OmegaPirate
    @Baillie said:  

I never had mine chipped, but i used the cheat cartridge and spring trick - does that count?!
    demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#64  Edited By demonbear
    @MAN_FLANNEL said:
    " @demonbear said:
    " @guiseppe said:
    " Aurrgh! He didn't say anything about pirating, nor did he brag. He just wanted a discussion about the quality of the game, nothing else. The topic of piracy was forced upon him. "
    Well its related. What is his opinion worth if he didn't pay for it? Paying 60, 70$ for a game will influence your opinion differently than if you got it for free. "
    This idea is wrong and stupid.  What if someone receives a video game as a present?  Would their opinion be worthless because they didn't pay for it themselves?  What if I buy a video game at a 50% discount, is my opinion only 50% valid?  "
    You're just looking at it the wrong way, i'm not saying his opinion is not valid, im saying its influencing the way you look at the game.

Example : I bought Wheelman on 360 this weekend, 10$ im loving it, its great. If i would've paid 70$ for it though, we would certainly talk about the many issues it has.
    CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By CptBedlam
    @demonbear said:

" @MAN_FLANNEL said:

" @demonbear said:
    " @guiseppe said:
    You're just looking at it the wrong way, i'm not saying his opinion is not valid, im saying its influencing the way you look at the game.  Example : I bought Wheelman on 360 this weekend, 10$ im loving it, its great. If i would've paid 70$ for it though, we would certainly talk about the many issues it has. "
    qft

That is why pirate opinions don't matter.
    ThisArmyStud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By ThisArmyStud
    @demonbear said:
    " @guiseppe said:
    yeah your right. If you bought the game, you would have this self justification, self compelled idea in your head while making an opinion, and it would inevitably cloud your judgment knowing that you payed 60 for a game, so you jsut had to convince yourself it wasent shit, and you overlook all the bad things about it. I say, the best way to get an honest opinion about a game, is from someone who DIDNT pay for it, thus having nothing to lose, and nothing to prove.
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#67  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @guiseppe said:
    yeah, exactly. 

@CptBedlam said: 
    " I won't believe a word of that self-rightous little pirate who is propably just here to brag about how he is so cool for having the game early. You can tell that by his immature replies. "

whether or not he pirated the game, he'd find it amazing and make a "THIS GAME IS AWESOME" thread.. we've all made one. so, no, he isnt probably making this thread to brag, he's probably making it because that kickass game fucked his mind and he needed to share his joy, like i said, we've all been there. 
     We are in a situation where somebody is already playing the game we're all waiting for, and i dont see why we shouldnt ask him about it and get another gamer's opinion instead of reviews and articles and stuff.
    MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL
    @CptBedlam said:

" @MAN_FLANNEL said:

" @nanikore said:
    Game reviewers don't personally pay for the games that developers send to them to review.  Is there no value in their opinion?  Even if the guys on Giantbomb pay for their games out of pocket to review them, I think they right those off as expenditures.  Why even visit video game websites if you hold this idea to be true?  "
    There's a difference between pirating a game or getting it as a gift or for review purposes. "
    Other than the legality of it, no there isn't. They received a good at no cost to them.  The validity of the consumers opinion is the same under these three possibilities.  
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#69  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @ThisArmyStud said:
    " @demonbear said:
    " @guiseppe said:
    yeah your right. If you bought the game, you would have this self justification, self compelled idea in your head while making an opinion, and it would inevitably cloud your judgment knowing that you payed 60 for a game, so you jsut had to convince yourself it wasent shit, and you overlook all the bad things about it. I say, the best way to get an honest opinion about a game, is from someone who DIDNT pay for it, thus having nothing to lose, and nothing to prove. "
    woah fuckin' nailed it there :P i agree.  

but at the same time, having it pirated makes you not care or pay attention as much as you do when you pay for it... ive been there. alot.
    citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#70  Edited By citizenkane

Looks like this thread has gone a little off track.  Nothing to see here, folks!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.