Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Saboteur

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Dec 08, 2009

The Saboteur is a action-packed, free-roaming sandbox game that takes place in Nazi-occupied France during World War II. Drive the Nazis out of Paris through whatever means necessary as Irish mechanic-turned-race-car-driver-turned-soldier-of-fortune Sean Devlin.

What a great ending!(maybe spoilers?)

nohthink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By nohthink

I loved the ending of this game! The piano background music while you're going to the top of Eiffel Tower, the whole black and white movie styles, the rain oh my god, that was a great ending! It is not the greatest the ending and but damn it has so much styles. I loved it. Some might say it is anti climactic because there is no epic battle but anything like that but I thought it fits to whole game style perfectly. I wanna play the ending one more time just to experience that. It makes you want to walk to the top of the Eiffel Tower. I can't say enough about the sense of styles! Loved it! Just loved it! It is simply unfortunate that the game suffers a lot(and I mean A LOT) from technical aspects. Feel bad for the Pandemic guys really. But damn, that was a good ending.

Daryl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Daryl
    @nohthink: I enjoyed the ending but it seemed a bit weird how you could just casually stroll into the Eiffel tower. But it was awesome seeing all those Nazis trying to kill themselves and going nuts. 
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
    deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@nohthink:

I never completely understood why all those nazis were killing themselves but it was awesome. I agree I love the ending also but what technical bugs are you talking about? I never noticed any.
    CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By CenturionCajun

Yeah, the game makes it out like there was some kind of huge uprising in Paris by the French resistance which took the city back from the Nazis. That never happened. While I enjoyed the feeling of climbing up through all of the madness it just happened rather suddenly and there was little explanation as to why it was going on.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Capum15

The Nazi's went crazy because there was an uprising. They didn't know what to do.

It also didn't help that Dierker went insane as well.

Alex_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Alex_V

I enjoyed the ending as well - definitely the most memorable bit of the game. It made me wish that there were more moody non-combat sections in the game, rather than the brainless all-action stuff.

cooljammer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By cooljammer00

I totally started messing with Dierker, shooting near him.  Then he just committed suicide.  I feel ripped off.

PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#8  Edited By PhatSeeJay

I thought it was one of the best endings I've played. They aren't masters at sandbox games but when they get the chance to corner the player in a tight space to tailor the experience. Damn.. Couldn't bare myself to run through the end. Only thing that took me out of it was when Dierker repeated "go ahead mechanic! shoot me" twice. Had to kill him to not ruin the mood further.

Oh and when he hit the ground and the tower went "BOOM COLOR!"... They could have gone with end credits right there and I would have been in awe. They could have saved Sean's little speach till after the credits imo.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.