The Sandbox Evolution (TSBE) Is the sequel to the 2D Pixel-art world builder game "The Sandbox".
TSBE was fully released on June 23rd, 2016.
The game is based on the laws of physics, it allows players to create and share levels, play campaigns and even create PixelArt and Chiptunes.
Players can choose to either complete campaigns or play user made levels, each time a level is completed the game gives the player virtual currencies such as Mana or Karma that can be used to purchase elements or campaigns.
- Fujin: He can jump from wall to wall and dash in the air.
- Erin: She can heat up anything with her unique hyper fire proton projectile weapon!
- Jillian: Carries an awesome lashing-ghost proton ray, She can electrify metal with it.
- Caveman: A prehistoric controllable human that can attack nearby enemies and break some elements by hitting them, It can also jump over animals.
- Avatar: A controllable human that can double jump and break elements by jumping on them.
- Arnold: A powerful hero that can aim and shoot.
- Super Hamster: Hero with an incredible super cape.
- DarkMage: A powerful enemy for Fujin. Shoots evil energy balls in patterns while standing in the air.
- Bullsaurus: A huge predator with a Sonic boom and a charge attack.
- Rowan: The movie villain converted into a gigantic ghost.
- Meteorite: A flaming ball that falls from the skies.
- Nitroglycerin: A semi-liquid that explodes if it falls.
- TNT: Explodes on high temperature, or pressure.
- C4: A particle that will explode when electrified.
- Vase: When the player grabs all of them wins.
- Sensei: A wise man that gives hints to heroes.
- Mushbouncer: A Mushroom that helps heroes Jump higher.
- H. Platform: A platform that can transport the hero.
- V. Platform: A platform that can take heroes up.
- Chest: A special reward for heroes.
- Air bubble: A powerup that fills the air bar below water.
- Door: A door to provide passage. The hero needs a key to open it.
- Sign: A sign to provide information to the heroes.
- Lotus: A portal to finish the levels.
- Slimer: A friendly ghost that can give heroes any message.
- Spike H: Horizontal moving hazard platform.
- Spike V: Vertical moving hazard platform.
- Coins x10: Coins to use during the creation of a level.
- Heart: Any hero will recover life by touching a heart in a level.
- SH: Grain: A powerup for Super Hamster that allows him to shoot grains.
- E.Gate: A door that opens with electricity. Any electron touching it from above or from below will get the E-gate to open for a second.
- Portal: Triggers a victory condition when a hero touches it.
- CheckPoint: Avoids frustration on challenging levels.
- H. Platform 2: A horizontal platform with ninja aesthetics.
- V. Platform 2: A vertical platform with ninja aesthetics.
- Coin x50: Additional 50 coins to use during Level creation.
- Ham: Energy for the caveman.
- Key: A hero can use it to open any door.
- F. Platform: If a controllable character steps over it, it will fall.
- Binding Wall: A special wall developed by the Ghostbusters to entrap ghosts.
- Wall Block: A Block of 4 by 4 made entirely of Wall.
- Retro Soil: A retro aesthetic texture particle to create gaming walls.
- Wood Block: A Block of 4 by 4 made entirely of Wood.
- Foliage: A plant element that when used it can prevent the hero from falling, and also catches fire.
- Darkstone Block: A Block of 4 by 4 made entirely of DarkStone.
- Techblock: A Block of 4 by 4, that can be used for a gaming aesthetic layout level.
- Ectoplasm: The famous green slime.
- Ruins: A wall texture that gives an old feel or look.
- Girder: A red metal "beam block" of 4 by 8.
- Broken Wood: A wooden texture that gives an old feel or look.
- Music Block: A Block that will draw a metal wire of 4 pixels wide with a note for faster music canvas creation.
- Lava Block: A Block containing Lava.
- Wall: Has no interaction with any other element.
- Retro Soil Block: A Block of 4 by 4 to create a "gaming aesthetic" layout level.
- Wood: Planks of wood to build any structure.
- Grass Block: A Block of 4 by 4 made of DarkStone that can hold mud and grass in the air.
- Dark Stone: A stone element that will not fall, but, It can melt into Lava.
- Tech Wall: A Techie texture particle to create futuristic walls.
- Ghost Hands: Hands that makes damage to the hero when they appear.
- Void: This particle will eat any other particle or entity touching it.
- Acid: A powerful liquid that melts almost anything.
- Spikes: When a controllable character touches them, it dies.
- Oil: This liquid will catch fire if enough heat is applied to it.
- Fire: A powerful particle that will generate heat and burn almost anything.
- Spike Ball: A hazard to make more interesting levels.
- Lava: Generates heat and is the most destructive force in the game.
- Water: Where there is water there is life.
- Rowan: The movie villain converted into a gigantic ghost.
- Spectre: A ghost that is fast and hard to kill. When touched inflicts damage.
- Doomba: A simple but effective enemy for level creation.
- Spitter Plant: A unique enemy that will spit acid.
- Spider: An enemy that hangs from a ceiling.
- Wolf: A predatory animal that hunts in packs.
- Polar Bear: A big predatory animal from the ice.
- Mayhem: A clever ghost that will chase and attack any human or hero.
- Wraith: A ghost that is easy to kill and slow. When touched inflicts damage.
- Fireling: An enemy that thrives on Lava. The player can choose its maximum height when placing it.
- Lava Turret: A mechanical enemy turret that spits lava balls.
- Fish: An enemy for underwater levels.
- Sabertooth: A predatory animal with a big attack.
- Nightmare: A wandering ghost that is easy to kill. When touched inflicts damage.
- Airling: A flying enemy that bounces off walls.
- Tarling: A sticky enemy that will walk on walls and ceilings.
- Limiter: A special element to limit platform and enemy movements (without using physical particles).
- Bat: A flying enemy.
- Bear: A big predatory animal from the mountains.
- Cow: A simple vegetarian animal.
- Dog: A little and funny pet.
- Parrot: A flying animal.
- Deer: An animal to place on forests.
- Flower: A prehistoric giant flower.
- Cactus: A plant that grows in sand only.
- Elm c: A nice tree usually found in Europe.
- Palm: A nice tree usually found in tropical places.
- Oak: A nice tree usually found in Europe.
- Sakura: A nice tree, usually found in Japan.
- Pine: A nice tree usually found in mountains.
- Willow: A nice tree usually found near water.
- Elm a: A nice tree usually found in Europe.
- Elm d: A nice tree usually found in Europe.
- Big Palm: A nice tree usually found in tropical places.
- Big Oak: A nice tree usually found in Europe.
- Big Sakura: A nice tree, usually found in Japan.
- Big Pine: A nice tree usually found in mountains.
- Big Willow: A nice tree usually found near water.
- Elm b: A nice tree usually found in Europe.
- Back Bones: Bones to decorate worlds and levels.
- Stonehenge: A prehistoric monolith.
- House a: A house to decorate landscapes.
- Tent: A tent to decorate user made landscapes.
- Cave: A cave wall to decorate Worlds.
- Big Ben: A landmark for user made worlds.
- Fence: A wooden fence decoration for houses.
- Lamp c: A red Asian lamp.
- Ninja Flag a: A nice and small red flag.
- Front Bones: Can be used to decorate levels and user made worlds.
- Male: A male settler to be used on creations.
- House b: A house to decorate landscapes.
- Castle: A castle to be used as a decoration.
- Eiffel Tower: A landmark to use on worlds.
- Red House: A small Asian house.
- Lamp a: Stone lamp for Asian gardens.
- Lamp d: A red Asian lamp.
- Ninja Flag b: A nice and big red flag.
- Skull: A skull to decorate worlds.
- Female: A female settler for creations.
- House c: A house to decorate landscapes.
- Iglu: An iglu to decorate landscapes.
- Liberty Statue: A landmark for worlds.
- Red Arc: A Shinto gate.
- Lamp b: A red Asian lamp.
- Lamp e: A red Asian lamp.
- Car: A moving decoration of a transport.
- Soil: When Moistened with water it will grow plants.
- Ice: Will melt back into water if warmed up.
- Sand: Erodes Stone. When heated converts into glass.
- Wood: Planks of wood to build any structure.
- Steam: Evaporated water. Has less density than air, so it floats up. A lot of steam makes clouds!
- Multi: It generates endlessly any element that touches it for the first time.
- Mud: Allows plants to grow.
- Permafrost: Non-falling Ice that can be melted into water.
- Stone: Can be melted into Lava and eroded into Sand.
- Glass: A semitransparent and hard element that can hold acid, but will not stand a blow from a hero.
- Cooler: A particle that generates cold around itself.
- Water: Where there is water there is life.
- Liquid Nitrogen: A freezing element in the game.
- Dark Stone: A stone element that will not fall. It can be melted into Lava.
- Gas: A Flammable floating particle.
- Heater: A particle that generates heat around itself.
- Cooler Block: A Block of 4 by 4 that will cool down the elements on top of it when activated from below by a human or character.
- Human Sensor: A button to be used by characters and humans.
- Metal: It conducts electricity.
- Bulb: It allows to turn the light on by adding electrified metal.
- E.Multi: It will replicate any Particle each time an electron makes contact.
- Resistance: This particle will allow one out of two electrons to continue.
- E.Fuse: A pixel that will stop conducting electricity after the first electron passed.
- E.Cooler: When added to an electrified metal it starts to freeze.
- Noon Sensor: It generates an electron when changing states. (It triggers at Mid Daytime)
- Very Cold Sensor: Generates an electron when changing states. (Senses the Very Cold temperature)
- Hot Sensor: Generates an electron when changing states. (Senses the Hot temperature)
- Red Led: A simple colored light that will not illuminate more than itself.
- Yellow Led: A simple colored light that will not illuminate more than itself.
- Heater Block: A Block of 4 by 4 that will heat up the elements on top of it, (when activated from below by a human or character)
- Lever: Similar to the human button sensor, this element will stay connected sending electricity until toggled again.
- Electro: An electron that will run through metal and activate electronic elements.
- Bright: A light without Electricity.
- E.Spawner: It will replicate an entity each time an electron makes contact.
- CrossWire: It Allows the player to cross two metal circuits without an undesired short circuit.
- E.Battery: A Battery that will copy the speed of the arriving electrons.
- E.Victory: An Electronic element that will consider a Puzzle finished as soon as an electron reaches it.
- Dusk Sensor: It Generates an electron when changing states. (It triggers itself at Dusk time)
- Cold Sensor: It Generates an electron when changing states. (Senses the Cold temperature)
- Very Hot Sensor: It Generates an electron when changing states. (Senses the Very Hot temperature)
- Green Led: A simple colored light that will not illuminate more than itself.
- Orange Led: A simple colored light that will not illuminate more than itself.
- Insulator: Can be used to stop temperature from spreading.
- Liquid Sensor: It generates an electron when changing states. (Senses liquids touching it)
- E.Drain: An electronic element that will absorb liquids and gasses when energized.
- FlipFlop: This particle will generate a constant stream of electrons when electrified and turn itself off if electrified again.
- E.Heater: It Starts to heat up when electrified.
- Dawn Sensor: It generates an electron when changing states. (Triggers at Dawn time)
- Night Sensor: Generates an electron when changing states. (Triggers at Night time)
- Normal Sensor: It Generates an electron when changing states. (Senses the normal temperature)
- Piano Note: A customizable particle that will sound as any piano note when electricity activates it.
- Blue Led: A simple colored light that will not illuminate more than itself.
- Purple Led: A simple colored light that will not illuminate more than itself.
- Ecto-1: The ghostbusters famous car.
- Ghost Killer: If a ghost is taken to the trap with proton ray it will be eliminated. By itself will keep the ghosts trapped for a moment.
- Ghost Hands: A Hazard that can be added anywhere. (They make damage when they appear)
- Favorite colors
- Basic Colors
Campaigns and levels
The Caveman Campaign is an introductory campaign that will gradually expose the user to the different elements and enemies of the game, throughout the campaign the player will have the opportunity to interact with Caveman-style enemies such as the sabertooth, bear and ultimately the BULLSAURUS.
The look of the levels is designed to fit caveman's time of existence, most of them will feature caves, glaciers, pre-historic bones, and much more.
The campaign comes with 16 fascinating levels that will be described bellow.
|Tutorial.||The player will learn the basics of the character while trying to reach the lotus.||Easy.|
|Flood Escape.||He/She who plays will have to help the caveman escape from the dangerous flood.||Easy.||Score.|
|Dragged.||The player will have to help caveman cross all the spitter plants and doombas before reaching the lotus.||Easy.||Score.|
|Rainy Mood.||In this level, the player will learn to fight the wolves and power jump on the mushbouncers.||Easy.||Score.|
|Heavy Jungle.||Here the player will understand the role of acid and spiders.||Easy.||Score.|
|Volcano Cave.||Here the player will have to fight firelings coming out from the lava!||Medium.|
|Melting Rocks.||In this level, the player will have to defeat Bats and the sabertooth!||Medium.||Score.|
|The Waiting.||He/She who plays this level will have to fight the bear in order to reach the lotus!||Medium.||Score.|
|Tundra Escape.||In this level, He/She who plays will be introduced to platforms, circuits, and the polar bear.||Hard.||Score.|
|Freezing Point.||In this level, the player will have to face spitter plants, wolves, sabertooth, spiders and much more!||Medium.||Score.|
|Glacier Diving.||Here the player will not only have to fight enemies like the fish but also dive and swim through the victory!||Hard.||1000 Mana, 1 Karma.|
|Freezing Death.||In this level, the player will have to swim, fight enemies like the sabertooth, bear and even escape a freezing death!||Medium.||750 Mana.|
|Deadlands.||Here the player will have to swim with fish, power jump with mushbouncers, fight sabertooth, and the bear!||Medium.||750 Mana.|
|The Boneyard.||In this level, Caveman will have to fight wolves, spiders and go through the roughest Boneyard ever seen by humanity.||Medium.||750 Mana|
|Oil Well.||The player will have to avoid nitroglycerin explosions as well as properly use them to his/her own benefit.||Medium.||750 Mana.|
|Dead End.||In this level, the player will have to fight the BULLSAURUS!||Special.||2500 Mana.|
The Ghostbusters campaign is a crossover between the film and The Sandbox Evolution, in the campaign the user will have the unique opportunity to experience some of the most iconic elements of the movie live in TSBE.
"A bunch of ghosts are creating mayhem in the city and the ghostbusters get a call to deal with them and stop the source of all these paranormal apparitions".
In this campaign, the victory condition in all levels can be achieved by both reaching the lotus/portal or by killing/trapping all ghosts existing in the level!
At the end of the campaign, the player will face ROWAN.
|Training Day.||In this level, the player will have to play with Erin and her unique hyper fire proton projectile weapon!|
|Goo Day.||Here the player will use Jillian and her awesome lashing-ghost proton ray gun to lash ghosts and trap them!||Easy.|
|Catch Em.||In this level, the player will have to catch ghosts and find all the keys to go through the different floors of the level!||Easy.||500 Mana.|
|Red Brick.||Here the player will have to use levers,discover hidden keys and even fight through a plasma flood!||Medium.||750 Mana.|
|Taken Hotel.||He/She who plays this level will have to free the old hotel from the ghosts!||Medium.||750 Mana.|
|Haunted.||In this level, the player will not only have to trap ghosts but also kill Tarlings and Airlings with Erin's unique hyper fire proton projectile weapon!||Medium.||750 Mana.|
|Spooky Street.||Here the player will have to be more agile and face more complexity, checkpoints are provided so the player can restart without losing progress after dying.||Hard.||1000 Mana.|
|Urban Havoc||In this level the player will have to kill mayhem, dodge firelings and even kill spitter plants through his/her way to the lotus/portal!||Hard.||1000 Mana.|
|Hell On Earth.||Here The player will have to capture all ghosts and reach the lotus or portal to finish the level.||Hard.||1000 Mana.|
|The Final Call.||In this level, Jillian will have to capture ghosts, mayhem and also kill spiders while aiming accurately since most furniture has C4!||Hard.||1000 Mana.|
|Boss Level.||In this level, The player will have to defeat ROWAN!||Special||2500 Mana.|
The player will have to help Fujin, the ninja of the wind, on his missions to collect the vases and keep them away from evil!
Users will have to escape from temples, grab walls, dash their way through elements, jump from trees, slide down walls and even defeat enemies like spiders, doombas and DarkMage!
|Fire Temple .||Hard.||Score.|
The user will have to help Gaia with her creation and learn PixelArt!
The player will learn the basics of Pixel art like how to make lines, curves, shades, dithering and even Anti-Aliasing!
|Dithering 2.||Medium.||750 Mana.|
|Aqua 3.||Medium.||750 Mana.|
In this campaign, the user will be able to play a mix of levels with all the controllable characters of the game!
In this campaign, the user will play with awesome machines and contraptions!
Levels will show the user how machines like a rock melter, steam machine, flame thrower and rain machine work!
In this Campaign the player will go through the basics of the game, levels will show the user how to create waterfalls, use the fill tool, make a volcano eruption, an oil lamp, use replace tool, a lighthouse, use the pickaxe tool and much more!