The Scourge Project was released via Steam on April 9th, 2010. The launch of this game was relatively quiet with only one trailer and a handful of screenshots being released.
The game was designed using the popular Unreal Engine 3 and touts a gripping single player experience that can be played cooperatively with up to 3 other players who all play as different characters. Each character has its own special abilities as well as a unique back story that is told through flashbacks.
The Scourge Project also features a fleshed out 16-player multi-player mode with 4 game types (Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, CTF and Frontier). Although the game does not feature Steam Achievements, it does have its own experience tracking and badge system that rewards players for actions performed during Multiplayer.
The game was released as Episodes 1 and 2 but are only available as a pack. There are no current plans for any further episodes.
- OS: Windows XP SP3 / Windows Vista SP1 / Windows 7
- Processor: 1.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or equivalent AMD CPU
- Memory: 1 GB RAM (Windows XP) / 2 GB RAM (Windows Vista and Windows 7)
- Graphics: 256 MB (with Pixel Shader 3.0)
- DirectX: 9.0c
- Hard Drive: 5.4 GB of free space
- Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible
- Other Requirements: Online play requires login to GameSpy