Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Secret of Monkey Island

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Oct 31, 1990

The first game in the legendary Monkey Island series. Guybrush's desire to become a swashbuckling pirate gets him more adventure than he bargained for.

Monkey Island coming to XBLA?!?!?!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jimbo_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 7

Edited By jimbo_n

Somehow totally missed these news a couple of days ago. One of the 3 best games ever created and one of the 3 games that I have the most nostalgia for during my long life of gaming is rumored to be on its way to Xbox Live Arcade. I´m totally speechless if this turns out to be true. This is without a doubt the best downloadable news ever this generation together with the release of Doom if this turns out to be true. The first game with Guybrush Threepwood has such a huuuge huuuge place in my heart that the thought of playing through it again in some kind of updated form and for points is totally unbelievable.  The Monkey Island series was a huge factor in my younger gaming years and pretty much sparked my unhealthy addiction for anything pirate related.
    According to the news story we can experct more news on E3. I am suddenly more excited for this than probably any other game set to be released this year now. This is about as good as a game can get for me and hearing this makes the nostalgia in me totally overflow. I´m really glad that there are more people out there remembering this game and the value it has.
    Wow.. my day is made. I am comitting to 200/200 achievement points right now, no matter what I need to do. Anything else would leave me sleepless at night.

No Caption Provided

jimbo_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#1  Edited By jimbo_n

Somehow totally missed these news a couple of days ago. One of the 3 best games ever created and one of the 3 games that I have the most nostalgia for during my long life of gaming is rumored to be on its way to Xbox Live Arcade. I´m totally speechless if this turns out to be true. This is without a doubt the best downloadable news ever this generation together with the release of Doom if this turns out to be true. The first game with Guybrush Threepwood has such a huuuge huuuge place in my heart that the thought of playing through it again in some kind of updated form and for points is totally unbelievable.  The Monkey Island series was a huge factor in my younger gaming years and pretty much sparked my unhealthy addiction for anything pirate related.
    According to the news story we can experct more news on E3. I am suddenly more excited for this than probably any other game set to be released this year now. This is about as good as a game can get for me and hearing this makes the nostalgia in me totally overflow. I´m really glad that there are more people out there remembering this game and the value it has.
    Wow.. my day is made. I am comitting to 200/200 achievement points right now, no matter what I need to do. Anything else would leave me sleepless at night.

No Caption Provided

TheTerrifyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By TheTerrifyer

agreed. this needs to be done.

lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By lord_canti

i sware i posted in a thread like this yesterday.... but o well  yea i want  this ive never actualy finished it and i want to. i really want this to come out on xbla and ps3 coz i really want it

thebeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By thebeast

There's a thread on this here.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.