Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Secret World

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Jul 03, 2012

Developed by Funcom, The Secret World is an MMORPG influenced by ancient mythology and legend.

Crafting Patterns

Skithus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Skithus
    Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Jams

@Skithus said:

I know a lot of my friends have been asking about this, And I found a great website that I thought I'd share.

http://thesecretsandbox.com/CraftingGrid/KnownPatterns

One Note, The Occult and Luck Patterns are reversed.

Is it even worth it to craft stuff? I love crafting in games, but it seems like a completely useless feature in this game. Maybe it's different in the end game?

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Christoffer

@Jams: It's worth it if you want to control the benefits more. Depending on the materials you get exactly what you want, and also a free slot (for talismans and weapons) to add the stats you want. Other than that, you can't craft overly powerful stuff (at least as far as I know).

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Jams

@Christoffer said:

@Jams: It's worth it if you want to control the benefits more. Depending on the materials you get exactly what you want, and also a free slot (for talismans and weapons) to add the stats you want. Other than that, you can't craft overly powerful stuff (at least as far as I know).

Okay last question. When you take apart a weapon and get base metals. they say ql 0 right? but when you combine them into the better metal they still say ql0 is that a bug or do you have to keep combining them until they say ql3 etc.?

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Christoffer

@Jams: There's different levels of materials. Base, Imperfect, pure etc. You can use lower leveled materials to craft higher level materials.

To make a QL 4 talisman, for example, you need about 8 pure dust/water/fire and a level 4 toolkit.

Depending on the thing you take apart, you get materials of different levels.

Edit: wow... I make it sound much harder than it is. I hope you understand.

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jams

@Christoffer said:

@Jams: There's different levels of materials. Base, Imperfect, pure etc. You can use lower leveled materials to craft higher level materials.

To make a QL 4 talisman, for example, you need about 8 pure dust/water/fire and a level 4 toolkit.

Depending on the thing you take apart, you get materials of different levels.

Edit: wow... I make it sound much harder than it is. I hope you understand.

I think I understand. What would happen to me when I tried was I kept getting the message that the materials were too low level for the toolkit (QL3) and I just couldn't figure out how to get better quality metals other than combining them. I seem to still get QL0 metals from QL3 weapons and when I combine the metals for a better tier, they still say QL0. So, I'll try that and see.

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Christoffer

@Jams: Materials are always QL 0 it seems. You just have to look at the name. Base, Imperfect, (doesn't actually say pure, it just says Fire etc.), sacred, and so on.

I guess the game is quite unclear with the crafting stuff.

Skithus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Skithus

I use crafting a lot, mostly to make glyphs. Almost all items you get can have the glyph they come with overridden by your own. It really helps to give you a ton of control over your stats. Also, selling most items gives a very small amount of money, so you my as well craft stuff.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.