Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Shadow Broker

Character » appears in 2 games

The Shadow Broker is an informations broker with infiltrators in all major factions, including Cerberus. The only persons who know the true identity behind the name are Commander Shepard and his/her team.

Will we find out who the Shadow Broker is?

Giuseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Giuseppe

In the first game I was looking forward to finding out but never did. Has there been any word if we would in Mass Effect 2?
    bubahula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By bubahula

oh man i totally forgot about that dude. im betting that they will probably do something with him.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Jimbo

Err, the Keepers (?) were the Shadow Broker weren't they?

They got all the information from their work stations and used it to maintain stability on the Citadel.

Plipster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Plipster

Very, Very fine point. 

*glees*

Ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Ninja

The Shadow Broker would be best revealed in Mass Effect 3. I mean this guy controls all the big information that there is in the galaxy, he could have a much bigger part to play in the plot than we all think.

addix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By addix

From what I took away from the first game is that the Shadow Broker isn't just one individual but is actually an organization of people all over the galaxy who gather and collect information to sell to the highest bidder and as a whole they are known as the Shadow Broker. I could be wrong though. It's been a while since I played the game and my memory is a bit fuzzy.   

Also I haven't heard Bioware saying anything about it but I do think we will have more dealings with the Shadow Broker in the 2nd game. Either it being in the form of using it's services, finding out more about the organization or both. 

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By natetodamax

Wait, it's a dude? I thought The Shadow Broker was some kind of organization.

Sarumarine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By Sarumarine

I'm kind of torn on the issue. It kind of hurts the Shadow Broker style if you end up finding out who/what it is. But unless they do it really well and give it some justification, maybe it wouldn't bother me if you find out. Maybe if you do a ton of side quests tracking people down and checking information or going through hell would be good. Or just something that makes you earn it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.