Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Sims 4

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Sep 02, 2014

The fourth installment of the main Sims franchise, revamping the series's customization features while improving the Sims' automations and emotions.

Sims 4 on PS4...what are the chances?

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

I'm buying it for my PC, but I do wonder if we will see a PS4 port that is closer to what teh PC is like?

The Sims has been on PS2, PS3 and it stands to reason it will come to PS4 in some form, but I wonder if this will be a very close port. The minimum specs for the PC version of Sims 4 seem easily within PS4's ability, so a full port would likely not turn out too bad graphically. I guess time will tell.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

One can only imagine, but I doubt it would be a 1:1 experience like the PC. If you're really into the expanded universe stuff (expansions) that come later on, getting it on PC is a no brainer. If you're like me and just want to spend an hour with it here and there building houses or playing God until you get bored, a console version is my go-to.

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

They both have a 4 in the name so it's pretty much required, right?

VoshiNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By VoshiNova

I feel like I always ask this question when I Sims game is being launched.

And it's never the case. The sims, Bustin' out, etc. were always a single player focused "scenario driven" experience.

I think the Sims 3 finally allowed for a PC like experience, but was hampered by ridiculous load times. Like, really ridiculous.

Here's to hoping though!

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By RonGalaxy

They've done sims on consoles in the past (including the last sims game: the sims 3). It definitely isn't out of the question.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Corevi

It has nothing to do with graphics, it has everything to do with controls, however the PS4 touchpad could allow for a more accurate representation of the PC version on consoles. Time will tell I guess.

schlorgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

It will probably follow The Sims 3's example and the console versions will come out a year or two after the PC version.

John1912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The sims is an awful franchise and needs to die in a fire!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.