Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Stanley Parable

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Oct 17, 2013

The Stanley Parable is an abstract, psychological, dark and humorous meta-narrative that attempts to make its choices void, journey paradoxical and generate discussion about storytelling in video games.

So is this the same game?

ikilledthedj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By ikilledthedj

Has much been added? I've only played half n hour but I have seen 3 endings with only a slight change on dialogue and environment. Some people have said they have played over 2 hours with multiple endings What am I doing wrong?

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By zaccheus

I counter 10 endings, the original as I understand it had 6. Most of the endings are very obvious with few exceptions. Just listen to what the narrator is saying. When he says that you do something there is usually an option to do somethin else. "Stanley walked into the room / through a door". Just look around and there is probably something else you can do.

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Has much been added? I've only played half n hour but I have seen 3 endings with only a slight change on dialogue and environment. Some people have said they have played over 2 hours with multiple endings What am I doing wrong?

I think you are doing things right. Since I was lead down a series of events for about an hour or so by being wrong. So my advice....take the right door....keep doing it all wrong. Until it seems impossible for anything else to happen (when you are just reset to the door) then go through to the left door.....next choice break it. You will be lead down a magical series of events.

Do the opposite or refuse to do what the narrator says...it was an intensive ending....Ill tell you.

poperamone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

So it sounds like for someone who has not played the original mod, they should just jump straight to the full game? Since they'd kill a lot of the (same) surprises/reveals in the full game if they played the mod first?

ikilledthedj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmmm i think ive been playing it wrong then.. ive been half doing what he says and half on my own choice but all endings have only been after 10 mins of play. So is there actually a longer path with say "the good ending"?

Defiantly has been the year of the indie game mind fucks, i think i just wrote this one off to soon as being another $10 cash grab.

looking forward to discovering more, don't spoil it! :)

ikilledthedj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ikilledthedj

@bisonhero i never played the original but ive seen Lp's of it so from comparing that to the first half an hour ive played of the remix id say just jump right into that, it seems to be more refined and thought out and i think playing the first would just spoil it for you.

GIyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By GIyn

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.