Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Talos Principle

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Dec 11, 2014

A first-person puzzle game with a focus on philosophical quandaries.

Finally on PS4 - but should I pay £32.99 or wait for a price drop?

supernoodles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

nt

Aishan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'd say yes, keep in mind the game is pretty lengthy, depending obviously on how good you are at solving the puzzles, with probably 20+ hours there if you want to do all of them.

And that doesn't even take into consideration the DLC that comes bundled in the PS4 version which is similarly meaty and considerably more complicated puzzle-wise.

Junkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Junkboy

I think Puzzle games are the hardest games to pin down "worth" because value will vary greatly from person to person. I thought a short Portal 1 for $60 was a steal and considered TF2/HL2 episodes as "extras". Conversely I thought a short Gone Home was a bad value at only $20 but there a couple of my friends who believed the inverse. I think there is tons of value in the Talos Principle if you like those types of game but if you're already on the fence maybe you should wait a bit for a slightly better price. This isn't one of those games you'll have the story spoiled accidentally reading a forum post like MGS or something so maybe waiting till BF or Christmas is a smart play to get max value. It's a great game though.

Also Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo H D Remixis awesome and should really be ported to ps4. I'm tired of turning on my PS3 for a quick fix. That too is a steal if they released it at $60... >.>;;;;;

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.