Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Talos Principle

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Dec 11, 2014

A first-person puzzle game with a focus on philosophical quandaries.

Should I be interacting with all the monitors?

Joemotycki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Joemotycki

So I'm just starting this game (its 50 percent off on steam this week, by the way), I'm enjoying it but I was also wondering how often I should be interacting with the monitors spread throughout the game. It seems like I should check in at least every once in a while to talk to the 'entity' that's talking to me there but I there are other things that I'm concerned about. Should I read all the text logs? Are there crucial pieces of the story that are in there? Can I miss stuff if I don't check them out soon enough?

Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
    deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Some of it is interesting backstory, logs from the scientists working on the Talos Project, things eluding to whatever the heck happened to humanity, etc.

I recommend checking them all out, they help add more to the story and feel of the game, and paint more of a picture.

Now I wanna replay this game. It is freaking fantastic

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

A lot of my favorite stuff in that game came from the monitors, so I would check them as often as possible.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Well, for the most part, it's not necessary. But it would be a real shame not to read as much as you can - there's some really interesting stuff in those logs.

Also, you'll know when to check them because they'll be making an obnoxious beeping noise. There's also a lot of hidden monitors.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.