Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Walking Dead: Season Two

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Dec 17, 2013

After separating from her friend Lee, young orphan Clementine must survive through the undead apocalypse with a new roaming group of survivors in this sequel to Telltale's adaptation of the comic book of the same name.

How is The Walking Dead: Season Two?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

I really enjoyed the first one and it seemed like a lot of people were anticipating each episode, leading up to each one there was some excitement and it felt like a ton of people were talking about them and playing them. I may be wrong but this time around I haven't seen as much talk or the same social coverage like season one, maybe because it was the first so it had a "first time" vibe going for it.

So my question is, does this one live up to the first, and am I crazy or is there just a little less talk over Season two?

***Also please remember spoiler tags if you feel the need to post them!***

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

Yea it definitely hasn't been as much of a conversation starter, and the first episode was a little shaky. But it's been a real whizz bang season ever since and I think it's hitting just as many emotional highs and lows as last year. I don't think they'll be able to drop the same kind of finale hammer but it's been a really fun ride so far. I hope it's not too much longer for episode 4, episode 3 did some excellent reshuffling of the cards.

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

Although S1 was my game of the year 2012, I've had little to no interest playing the sequel. I think I've had my fill of the Telltale style of game in general as well. I much prefer to watch a drama in the form of a TV show, playing a drama isn't an ideal experience for me. But I also didn't much care for LA Noire or Heavy Rain either. I feel like season 1 of TWD was just so well done, it transcended the genre in a way that cannot be repeated.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I haven't seen much conversation on season 2 either, but I think that may be because more people are waiting for all the episodes to release before playing any of them, which is what I'm doing. Of course, this is just speculation.

Kevin_Cogneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just think the ending of Season 1 was so perfect, I don't want to spoil it by finding out what happens next. That, combined with the fact that it's an entirely new creative team, means zero interest from me.

Pfhorlol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As far as Giant Bomb goes, I've been listening to older bombcasts and the staff did generally talk about each episode of season 1 as it was coming out, it's a bit disappointing that only Patrick and Alex are following season 2 atm. Hope the others pick it up after more episodes are out.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

@pfhorlol said:

As far as Giant Bomb goes, I've been listening to older bombcasts and the staff did generally talk about each episode of season 1 as it was coming out, it's a bit disappointing that only Patrick and Alex are following season 2 atm. Hope the others pick it up after more episodes are out.

I think Ryan used to bring it up on the podcast if I'm not mistaken, not sure if it's Jeff or Brad's type of game, but yeah they did bring it up and it's one of the reasons I was really hyped going into the first season. I'm not sure I remember them speaking about Season Two much at all.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I'm actually enjoying Season 2 a lot more, and I haven't even played Episode 3 yet. I think people are just burnt out on Walking Dead to be honest. Season 1 came out of nowhere and delivered an interesting emotional ride where your choices actually had some effect on the story. Season 2 is pretty much just that again.

That, or people are just salty about Gary Whitta not being involved.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Yes, the reason people don't talk about season 2 that much, it's because it's not something completely new anymore. It's still really good and well worth playing, though. I was a bit skeptical of the protagonist change beforehand also, but they did a pretty great job with it so far.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I bought it during the Steam Summer Sale and completed the 3 released episodes within a weekend. Episodes 2 and 3 are great stuff!

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

I've definitely seen less talking about it in the communities I frequent (actually, come to think of it, that's pretty much just GiantBomb and the occasional GAF), but really it's all been good so far. Less of the more videogamey sequences from the first game (which were that game's biggest flaws) and more dialog trees. I guess the big question is where it's all leading and if it can end on something meaningful. Three episodes in, I don't feel like we're seeing a story arc that could end with the same five episode structure of the first season, unless the next two episodes are substantially longer or content is held over for a more direct third season sequel. Maybe more people are waiting to play it all as one chunk after they've been assured it's worth playing?

defe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Thus far I think it's fantastic, and it keeps up the high standard set by the first game. Changing up the controlled character gives things a bit of a fresh perspective, as it's interesting playing as someone who isn't in the de facto leader role that Lee always seemed to hold. It can't be Season 1 in terms of cultural impact, since it really is just more of that kind of game, but if you're willing to just play more Walking Dead, this is that. It holds up, and I'm really enjoying it.

bremaine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only played the first two chapters of Episode 2, and they were great so far. Season 1 was great and I can't wait to finish season 2.

Voxus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, I'd much rather of played The Wolf Among Us.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.