Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Walking Dead: Season Two

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Dec 17, 2013

After separating from her friend Lee, young orphan Clementine must survive through the undead apocalypse with a new roaming group of survivors in this sequel to Telltale's adaptation of the comic book of the same name.

The Walking Dead S2 E1 Discussion (Spoilers)

• 131 results
    papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

@milkman said:
    • I didn't always pick them because I don't think they all fit Clem as the character I envision but some of the badass responses are awesome. "Still. Not. Bitten" is great and "Who's baby is it?" after you overhear Rebecca in the bathroom is just delightfully evil.

THAT WAS AWESOME *CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP*

• Tried to save Christa. I don't know why anyone wouldn't. She did seem very bitter towards Clem but that's completely understandable. Did anyone bring up Omid around the campfire? I was too terrified to.
    • Killed Sam. Sorry boy...
    • Didn't accepted Nick's apology. I was pretty pissed off at the group and wasn't thinking straight. Feel bad about it now. Ya, Lee raised Clem better than that.
    • No Water. Fuck him. He tried to kill us and there was no way he was telling me jack. was in too bad of a shape to be useful and fuck bandits.
    • Saved Nick. Pete was bit. He would wanted me to save Nick. Sorry Pete. You seemed like a cool guy.

Two other things.

• Roman, The camp leader at the gas station from 400 days, was totally one of the dead guys at the creek.
    • Kenny is totally in Episode 2 isn't he? If he is then I really wish that scene wasn't at the end of the preview for the next episode. It kind of ruins the surprise unless it's someone like Christa or Molly or...I don't know Vernon? Everyone is dead and there are not a lot of options unless it is someone from Clementines past.
    sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 32

#102 sgtsphynx  Moderator

@papercut said:
    • Kenny is totally in Episode 2 isn't he? If he is then I really wish that scene wasn't at the end of the preview for the next episode. It kind of ruins the surprise unless it's someone like Christa or Molly or...I don't know Vernon? Everyone is dead and there are not a lot of options unless it is someone from Clementines past.

Isn't Vernon confirmed dead in 400 Days?

jay_ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#103  Edited By jay_ray

@sgtsphynx said:

@papercut said:

Isn't Vernon confirmed dead in 400 Days?

I don't think so, I think they just said the group split up.

The only people that Clem would know from season one that wasn't shown dead for everyone is Kenny, Molly, Christa, and Vernon. And I think you'd only get that reaction for Kenny.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#104  Edited By Milkman

@papercut said:

Lily is a possibility. But I think it's going to be Kenny. If it is in fact him, I'll be really interested to see how they justify him surviving because he seemed PRETTY dead to me.

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Fuck Lily. Fucking seriously.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#106  Edited By golguin

@papercut said:
    @milkman said:
    • I didn't always pick them because I don't think they all fit Clem as the character I envision but some of the badass responses are awesome. "Still. Not. Bitten" is great and "Who's baby is it?" after you overhear Rebecca in the bathroom is just delightfully evil.

THAT WAS AWESOME *CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP*

• Tried to save Christa. I don't know why anyone wouldn't. She did seem very bitter towards Clem but that's completely understandable. Did anyone bring up Omid around the campfire? I was too terrified to.
    • Killed Sam. Sorry boy...
    • Didn't accepted Nick's apology. I was pretty pissed off at the group and wasn't thinking straight. Feel bad about it now. Ya, Lee raised Clem better than that.
    • No Water. Fuck him. He tried to kill us and there was no way he was telling me jack. was in too bad of a shape to be useful and fuck bandits.
    • Saved Nick. Pete was bit. He would wanted me to save Nick. Sorry Pete. You seemed like a cool guy.

Two other things.

• Roman, The camp leader at the gas station from 400 days, was totally one of the dead guys at the creek.

I saw the scene with dead Roman. I believe he's just a normal looking dude without the jacket if you didn't play 400 days.

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@ramone: @milkman: I agree he seem real screwed in my game, but in the 'what happened to every body' screen at the end of season one it always says 'lost' and not dead or killed. HOW you get out of a room full of zombies with no weapons and no ammo is news to me though

And if it is Lily I hope right after Clem says 'I thought you were dead' she punches her in the face.

Or shoots her.

Or drops a salt lick on her head.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@golguin said:

@probablytuna said:

Good episode, but there are a few things that bugged me. Namely the action scenes that require split second timing. I had to redo that shed scene five times because of either poor UI indication or the controls just don't gel well with the action. The scene where the walker gets up after being gutted by the anchor comes to mind (there was a prompt for tenth of a second that appeared on the anchor but disappears and I keep trying to click on it until I realised on my fourth try that I was supposed to use the hammer, WTF man).

There was also a scene right afterwards when Clem gets invited into the house and Luke asks if she's hungry. It felt like there was a dialogue choice but nothing popped up and she walked off without saying anything. Can anyone tell me if this is supposed to happen? If it wasn't, then it's probably the "buggiest" episode I've played so far.

Anyways, my choices were:

1. Tried to save Christa
    2. Killed the dog
    3. Accepted the apology
    4. Gave the water
    5. "Saved" Nick (she didn't do anything though!)

Edit: Also, what happened to Christa's baby? It's gonna get interesting...

I feel that a lot of people missed the grave with the little cross after you get out of the water. Clem's reaction to it made me think it belonged to the baby. In any case the baby is dead. It's not like she'd hand it off to some other group and keep on traveling with Clem.

She just happens to wash up ashore around the place where they buried the baby? I have my doubts.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By golguin

@golguin said:

@probablytuna said:

Good episode, but there are a few things that bugged me. Namely the action scenes that require split second timing. I had to redo that shed scene five times because of either poor UI indication or the controls just don't gel well with the action. The scene where the walker gets up after being gutted by the anchor comes to mind (there was a prompt for tenth of a second that appeared on the anchor but disappears and I keep trying to click on it until I realised on my fourth try that I was supposed to use the hammer, WTF man).

There was also a scene right afterwards when Clem gets invited into the house and Luke asks if she's hungry. It felt like there was a dialogue choice but nothing popped up and she walked off without saying anything. Can anyone tell me if this is supposed to happen? If it wasn't, then it's probably the "buggiest" episode I've played so far.

1. Tried to save Christa
    2. Killed the dog
    3. Accepted the apology
    4. Gave the water

I feel that a lot of people missed the grave with the little cross after you get out of the water. Clem's reaction to it made me think it belonged to the baby. In any case the baby is dead. It's not like she'd hand it off to some other group and keep on traveling with Clem.

She just happens to wash up ashore around the place where they buried the baby? I have my doubts.

She seemed to have thought Christa was in the area since she was calling out for her. If the river had carried her off a long distance why would she call out for Christa? The way it played out in my game it seemed that Clem was familiar with that grave marker. If it wasn't for the baby why would the developers even place it there if its so easy to miss?

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@golguin said:

@probablytuna said:
    @golguin said:

@probablytuna said:

1. Tried to save Christa
    2. Killed the dog
    3. Accepted the apology
    4. Gave the water

She seemed to have thought Christa was in the area since she was calling out for her. If the river had carried her off a long distance why would she call out for Christa? The way it played out in my game it seemed that Clem was familiar with that grave marker. If it wasn't for the baby why would the developers even place it there if its so easy to miss?

Well, until they confirm it, I'll stick to my doubts. Also it wasn't that hard to miss.

Vigil80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I thought Lilly was another character from the comics. One of the Governor's people who gets shot and killed during the attack on the prison.

I...

• Tried to help Christa
    • Killed the dog
    • Accepted the apology
    • Gave the water
    • Chose Pete

I also kept my mouth shut with the pregnant lady, and left the watch where I found it. My Lee taught Clem better than to be a jerk needlessly. And playing as a lone, pragmatic kid, it seemed more important to keep the food and medicine coming than to try to make a point to this bunch of strangers.

Still said "Still. Not. Bitten." though.

I didn't say "I killed him," when talking about Lee. I think that's another lesson my Lee taught Clem. He was already going to die, and Clem did him a kindness, even honored what he was, by keeping him from being a zombie. She's got her head on too straight for that kind of pointless guilt.

I didn't see the choice between Nick and Pete as choosing who dies, just choosing who Clem goes with. And even bitten, Pete still has more of his wits about him than Nick. So when I thought I heard him yelling, "hey, get over here!" I went.

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#112 sgtsphynx  Moderator

@vigil80 said:
    I didn't say "I killed him," when talking about Lee. I think that's another lesson my Lee taught Clem. He was already going to die, and Clem did him a kindness, even honored what he was, by keeping him from being a zombie. She's got her head on too straight for that kind of pointless guilt.

I don't see that as guilt, just honesty. Now, she could have phrased it better, sure, but there was no guilt involved in that statement.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

I enjoyed Episode 1 for the most part. I'm curious to see how these new characters play out.

That dog scene really messed me up. It didn't help that my own dog was on the couch looking at the tv from the various barks coming from the screen.

Vigil80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vigil80 said:

I don't see that as guilt, just honesty. Now, she could have phrased it better, sure, but there was no guilt involved in that statement.

Ah, ok. I just assumed that's what the tone would've been like.

I wouldn't necessarily even say that; the zombie that bit Lee is what killed him. But that's probably just semantics.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vigil80 said:
    @sgtsphynx said:

@vigil80 said:

Ah, ok. I just assumed that's what the tone would've been like.

I wouldn't necessarily even say that; the zombie that bit Lee is what killed him. But that's probably just semantics.

In my game I had Clem say, "I killed him." The tone doesn't turn into some serial killer type of thing. I think she actually gives the best response with that line because you know how hard it was for her to do that.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

That goddamn stitches scene.

Also, calling it - Kenny is alive!

Vigil80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe this is obvious to everybody, but I think the stitches scene is a direct callback to Lee trying to deal with his arm.

http://youtu.be/V8MwvhsamGI?t=25s

http://youtu.be/kMRX7XuOYMU?t=1m15s

spykereightsix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

After games like The Last of Us and State of Decay, I found SE2 a touch disappointing. I was hoping they would've expanded the scope of the gameplay a bit, such as adding more of an open-world feel with exploration and crafting, and less invisible walls and QTEs. That said, the scene with the stitching was amazingly well done and the episode overall really reminded me how much I cared for Clem since Season 1. Still, I hope they take a few more risks with the next episodes.

Lastly, the game is crazy buggy! I'm playing through Steam and the game crashed to a "white-screen" like 3 times during my play through. Having to go through some of those cutscenes over and over again... Ugh...

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#120  Edited By Sterling

@spykereightsix: Why would they do that? Its a point and click adventure game.

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
    deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@spykereightsix said:

After games like The Last of Us and State of Decay, I found SE2 a touch disappointing. I was hoping they would've expanded the scope of the gameplay a bit, such as adding more of an open-world feel with exploration and crafting, and less invisible walls and QTEs. That said, the scene with the stitching was amazingly well done and the episode overall really reminded me how much I cared for Clem since Season 1. Still, I hope they take a few more risks with the next episodes.

Lastly, the game is crazy buggy! I'm playing through Steam and the game crashed to a "white-screen" like 3 times during my play through. Having to go through some of those cutscenes over and over again... Ugh...

I think you're the only person in the world that thought an entirely story driven series, from a developer thats entirely story driven, with their most recent game being totally story driven who uses an engine that isn't great at anything but story telling would go with a format that compromises story telling.

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm really glad I avoided reviews and spoiler threads for S2, because the dog and stitches scenes were both really well done..the dog scene in particular was unexpected... especially love how TT subverted the 'dog-as-best-pal' apocalypse trope. TT is pulling no punches and it's a great, terrible thing. The ending fell a little flat for me for some reason, not sure why. Maybe b/c I just met these characters or because ep1 of S1 ended the same way. Still good to be back in the TWD universe

spykereightsix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By spykereightsix

@spykereightsix said:

I think you're the only person in the world that thought an entirely story driven series, from a developer thats entirely story driven, with their most recent game being totally story driven who uses an engine that isn't great at anything but story telling would go with a format that compromises story telling.

I'm not saying turn TWD into a stealth, action game or anything. But the old point-and-click adventures by LucasArts really allowed the player to explore the environments more, interact with things that aren't necessarily useful and meeting the current objective, and I think those types of design elements really allow the game makers to flesh out the story by letting the expansive environments speak for themselves. Like in SE1 when you could play the answering machine. I think Gone Home is a more modern example of this kind of thing too.

Garris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This episode was great, I can't remember the last time I sat down and played a game and couldn't believe how much time had passed.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The most memorable moment was probably the dog and the shed scene.

Threatening the bitch: "Who's the father?". Amazing.

Tears welled up immediately when that dog jumped at Clem. Here I thought Tell Tale would let Clem have at least one enduring friend. Hell, I was thinking of the cynical implication of Lee having Clem as his "pet" mirroring Clem having the dog for a pet. And then they were all like NOPE. It was heart breaking. I killed the dog, and with it Clem's last shred of childhood.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just finished it, and oh my God those fucking stitches. Especially that last one.

I thought it would follow the Rule of Threes, so that last fourth stitch was unexpectedly hard.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've seen some Let's Plays for the first episode and I can't believe I missed the scene with Alvin and having him give Clem a juicebox. It's surprising to see that most people completely missed that scene because heading toward the front door would obviously be the wrong call for a stealth mission. Everyone (including me) went around the back right away.

I've also noticed that Clem can respond differently to the same question. I don't know if that's being pulled from this episode or from the first season, but during the conversation about Lee I said "I killed him" and got a heartfelt response about the mercy kill. I saw a video of someone else giving the same response and Clem said, "I was too young and stupid to do anything right. He died because of me."

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I tried to save Christa Killed the dog (both out of anger for being attacked and mercy) I accepted Nick's apology I chose to save Pete I did not give the dying man any water. He attacked Clem and possibly killed Christa. He gets no water.

I do kinda wished I blackmailed the pregnant lady but I'm glad I didn't. I have a feeling that could come back to get you in a future episode.

Elwoodan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was going fine until Clem told Luke about how Lee died, and even quoted the 'stay away from cities' line I chose in S1E5. It was such a small touch but god damn.

tanha_dana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By tanha_dana

I shape my Clem from the first season to be a spoiled brat (can't blame her tough..Lee wanted to protect her a lot..in the end he lost his hand...both of them i think when he turned after.... coz he got left by my spoiled brat Clem) so....

I didn't try to save Christa....and i always talk about Omid with her..it's annoying..i know...

I didn't kill the dog...coz i played my Clem lika a scarred little chicken s*#t!

I didn't accept Nick's apology..and my Clem played that stupid little girl for the medicine without saying wanted to be her friend and she also played the guy with the glasses as a helpless little girl.....also she threaten the prego bi#*h with that badass "who's the father?" "you should be nicer to me from now on" lines...hehehe

I didn't give any water to the dying man...well, he kill Christa...i think!...my Clem should have stump his head if she could....

I save Nick in the end...coz my Clem thinks that once your bitten..nothing can save you...even after you cut it off.....didn't work for Lee so it wont work at all....

I wish it's Lee that Clem see in the next episode trailer.....with no hands but alive..hehe

I think it's an AWESOME game and i LOVE it!!

EddyNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A little late to the party due to it only releasing yesterday on the NZ PSN store. I had my reservations about playing as Clem when it was first announced but for the most part I enjoyed it.

The one thing that really bothered me was the opening bathroom scene. You drop your water bottle and you can't grab your gun. What the hell? It's sitting right there and you're unable to select it before looking for the water bottle. Surely that could have been handled better. Even if the cutscene extended to not allow you to select the bathroom stalls. It might be a little nitpicky but in a game like this I expect it to be handled a little better.

The popular choice seems to be Kenny or Christa appearing in Ep 2. I don't think there's any reason for Clem to think any of the other options would be dead is there?

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Threatening the bitch: "Who's the father?". Amazing.

my only regret in life is that i didn't choose this option

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.