Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Walking Dead

Game » consists of 41 releases. Released Nov 21, 2012

Presenting an original story in the same franchise as the comic book series of the same name, The Walking Dead is a five-part adventure game from Telltale that follows the story of a convicted murderer, his guardianship over a young girl, and his co-operation with a roaming group of survivors in a zombie apocalypse.

Chapter 4: Around Every Corner- Your Choices *spoilers*

Kingpk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#101  Edited By Kingpk

Killed the kid with the wrench. That scene was heartbreaking stuff.

Told Vernon the truth.

Clem stayed at the house and gave her a gun. She took care of herself just fine and she would be in a lot more danger in Crawford.

Dropped Ben. It's cruel, but enough was enough with him.

Hid the bite at first, but fessed up.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#102  Edited By Phatmac

I killed the kid with the wrench: I didn't feel much sympathy considering I don't have any connection with this character. I actually think this scene is a bit too sad and tear jerking as it doesn't do the same treatment to Chuck. It just feels like too ham fisted in its delivery and I don't much care for kill the kid and burying him.

I told the truth to Vernon: I didn't think that he was going to back stab me and I felt that he would have shot me if I didn't be honest.

I let Clem stay behind: This was a heart breaking moment for me as it felt like I was letting go of Clem and underestimating her. I should have brought here with me, but I felt that the odds of her being in danger were going to be huge if I brought her. What I didn't realize was that leaving her with a dying Omid wasn't safe either. I regret this choice the most, but I'll live with it.

I saved Ben: I don't like Ben like most people on her, but I still don't want to be responsible for his death. My Lee may have killed zombie kids and humans in the past, yet that doesn't make him a cold blooded murderer. I also feel that his arc will pay off at the end by him sacrificing himself for the better of the group. It just feels that his story isn't over yet.

I didn't reveal the bite at first and went on my own at first: This felt right at the time but it's probably the worst thing to do if you want to enjoy episode 5 since you won't have any interaction with the group and you'll miss out on their story arc. I just feel that it would rob me of the pain of going on this journey with this group. I still think it is a nobel choice and incredibly poetic, but I still want to see how everyone's story ends. So I went back and revealed the bite to the group and convinced everyone to come with me. I didn't think Kenny would come with me considering our rivalry and his obsession with the boat. I'm glad he came along for the ride.

Overall I liked this episode despite my problems with it like the bad shooting segments and Chuck's death being a non-factor. Like I said I don't like how much emphasis they put on a kid that I've never met yet don't give a shit about Chuck's death. His death needed more care and payoff than just finding him dead in the sewer. I still think episode 2 is my favorite as it is well paced and brutal at the same time. It's better than episode 1 to me at least.

Terramagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#103  Edited By Terramagi
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

My only regret is that I tried to appeal to Kenny instead of telling him to go fuck himself.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#104  Edited By EpicSteve

I said fuck Ben because several people are dead because of his carelessness and cowardliness, he is only a strain on the group. He also put Clem in danger. I told the group about the bite because I wanted to be honest and the way I play Lee is Clementine's safety gets put first. Despite her safety, I let her come on our raid. I wouldn't leave a little girl alone with a man that couldn't even protect her. She was safer with the group outside the wire and the girl needs training.

Terramagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Terramagi

@Intelligent_Space_Man said:

@papercut said:

So did anyone else get the feeling Molly will be the main character in Season 2? Lee's all but dead and she went off on her own way. I could see her getting her own story.

Ice pick-wielding protagonists who spout inconspicuous Star Wars references will, unquestioningly, sway my vote--yes!

And was I the only one screaming at Lee to, just.. hack off his fucking arm? Is he left-handed, or something? Wouldn't arm-lopping apparatuses be fast draw indispensabilities during this particular end time?

Hacking off the arm would actually work if he did it fast enough.

Too late now, of course, but hey.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#106  Edited By JasonR86

Had Kenny shoot the kid in the attic - I shot Duck in the last episode. Kenny needed to toughen up a little so I felt like he needed to kill the kid.

Told Vernon the truth - I would rather die telling the truth then lying. Lying didn't seem particularly helpful anyway.

Brought Clementine to Crawford - I figured she would come anyway. Plus, I figured if I left her with Omid he would become a zombie and kill her.

Let Ben Die - I hated this character. Plus he wanted to die. I didn't want him around. We didn't have any time left. Fuck him.

Showed the bite to the group - It was going to get out anyway. Plus, telling the truth had been working out pretty well anyway.

Christa, Omid, and Kenny join Lee - Ben was dead so he couldn't come. Everyone else felt they were indentured to me so they agreed to come whether they wanted to or not. Suckers.

Laiv162560asse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Laiv162560asse

I thought the kid in the attic and the burial was the only really successfully emotional moment in this episode. Nothing else really slowed me down and made me think like that did. It wasn't the fact that it was emotional just because it was a kid, but more about the way he had died. You see his drawing on the fridge of 'My Dog Walter', you see the dog's corpse still buried complete with little collar, you see the painting of the boy with his family and the dog - then you learn that he just starved to death in the attic all alone. Chuck should have featured more in the episode and been handled better, but with that kind of character I felt he wasn't afraid of much and he gave himself a clean death. Definitely wasn't the case with that kid. 

Honestly, I think it was mostly the 'My Dog Walter' pic that pushed the buttons for me. The boy loved his dog and drew a picture of him just like the one Clem drew of you. But you just discover the dog as a mangled wreck - then you discover the boy even worse off. In the end they were reunited.

As for choices:

Killed the boy myself with a spanner since I'd let Kenny take care of Duck for closure back by the train.

I 'lied' to Vernon, because I figured Clem was essentially like a daughter to Lee by then anyway. Same thing as telling Kenny she's 'family'. I didn't think it mattered; I even told Vernon not to come with me back through the sewers, so it's not like it was manipulative, but he insisted. The scolding he gave me was a total BS overreaction, considering.

I left Clem behind with that enormous gun. The way they'd been hyping up Crawford, it sounded like we were walking into the jaws of hell itself, possibly our stalker's hideout too, plus I may not have been paying enough attention but I wasn't clear on whether Christa was staying with Omid or not. Once it became obvious we were just dealing with brainless zombies, I felt like I'd made the wrong call and left Clem in more danger, but them's the breaks. 

Saved Ben. He was a fuck up but I didn't like the kangaroo court that the group seemed to be turning into. Also it seemed clear to me that he didn't really want to die, just to stop letting everyone down; he was clearly gutted over the axe screwup.

Showed the bite. After a few moment's hesitation (worried about group morale and risk of panic) it seemed like a no brainer. No point trying to keep everything on an even keel if I was going to turn into an undead cannibal anyhow. Plus I figured none of them would be down for rescuing Clem, so I just wanted to show them I was screwed so they'd drop the arguments and let me go off and do my thing alone. It turned out exactly the opposite way, with everyone tagging along. I went from not giving a shit if anybody helped, to playing the 'family' card to win Kenny round, since it would have been bullshit if he got to sail off in the boat while everyone else stayed and probably died looking for Clem. I forget what it took to persuade Ben to come but I remember it being pretty easy. He firmly wanted to help.

--

As an addition I really disliked the Molly character. I reloaded the fight sequence 3 times in order to give her a beatdown, just because it felt exactly like what the game didn't want to happen. Instead it wanted me to appreciate some overpowered, absurd ninja character who can warp behind me in broad daylight when I have her cornered, and then improbably disarm another guy pointing a gun at her, conveniently forgetting that my beatdown-sequence-winning ass should still have been pointing a gun at her. Then she hangs around in our hideout giving us a load of sass and bad attitude, shamelessly looking for resources which should have belonged to us. All the while insisting we owe her a bunch, because she 'saved us from the alley' where a) she didn't do a hell of a lot and b) her irrepressibly sassy character drew the zombies in the first place by needlessly kicking Kenny to the ground and causing his gun to go off. I was done with her long before she wandered off with the battery and her boring Crawford back story showed up on tape, another piece of hokey improbability.

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 16

#108  Edited By fobwashed

That last bit was intense *sorry for the pun*

Yea, I was pretty damn surprised at how much of a holy shit do I tell or keep it to myself moment I had. I even tried to rationalize to myself that it wasn't actually a bite. In the end, I told the group, but again. Amazing how easy and tempting it was to just hide it from the group. . . I guess I'll have to take a second look at all those people I was angry at in movies for hiding a bite. . .

Also, fuck up after fuck up, I kept waiting till I got the chance to kick Ben to the curb but when it came down to the line, and even though he himself wanted to be let go, I just couldn't do it. . . I feel like Ben is definitely the Gilligan of zombie apocalypses. And I'm that dumb ass Skipper that keeps him around even though all he does is screw things up for everyone.
    wmoyer83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 6

#109  Edited By wmoyer83

I let Kenny shoot the kid, because I figured it would be therapeutic for him. Not sure if it helped.

I think I told the truth to Vernon, but I think my game registered my decision as something else, because Vernon did not like Lee at all. Maybe it was my error.

I brought Clem along for two reasons: leaving her alone with someone who might die seemed like a bad idea, and the fact that I had Lee teach her how to use a gun seemed beneficial. It was.

I saved Ben for a few reasons. First off, the game emphasizes that he is a danger to the group, but there have also been others that have been a danger that got a pass (Duck comes to mind). Secondly, his decision to make a deal with the bandits may have actually saved the group, considering that they did not attack them until they did not receive the stash. Ben may have been a coward, but that was given a pass also, because others have done other things in the past which where just as bad or worse than cowardice. It also was not Ben's fault completely that Khaja and Duck died, just as it's not Kenny's fault that Shawn died in episode 1. Another thing that bothered me was how Ben was blamed for removing the hatchet from the door. Given the circumstances, it would have been fair for Lee to communicate what was happening in the hall. If Ben would have known, then he would not have removed the hatchet. Basically in my opinion, if it was justified to kill Ben, then it would have been justified to kill a few other characters too. Given the theme of Crawford, I thought it was wrong.

I revealed my bite because I figured it would screw everyone over in the long run If I did not disclose that bit of information.

I got Ben, Omid and whats her face to come with me. Kenny was a different story.

For a majority of my game, I have constantly had to mediate arguments that involved Kenny. I typically would try to pick the most emphatic choice while dealing with Kenny's constant demands and threats. If something Kenny thought would endanger his family he had absolutely zero regards for others. When his family would cause problems he would bat a blind eye. I began to grow very weary of Kenny and his shit. When episode 3 rolled around and Kenny had to face the impending doom of his family, I had Lee give Kenny the same respect he gave everyone else in a sad situation. I had Lee be sympathetic, and not turn into a raging asshole like Kenny.

Flash forward to the end of Episode 4, everyone agrees to help find Clem. Kenny calls me a selfish prick who never had his back on anything. I told him to go fuck himself. I really dislike Kenny, and I do not trust him at all.

Anyways, I can not really think of another game that has had me so emotionally invested in its characters.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#110  Edited By Milkman
    @RedSox8933 said:

@Phatmac said:

@RedSox8933 said:

@Phatmac: BOOOOO! SOLO LEE ALL THE WAY! There's something very poetic about Lee going by himself, even though it seems a little doomed. For those of us who hid the bite (although apparently that was a way easier decision for people than I thought it was), going alone just helped even more with the drama of the moment. Not that I'm playing for the best dramatic experience, but it was a really powerful way to set up the finale. I feel almost completely alone and hopeless and I'm fucking loving it.

I know! I hid my bite too and decided to go alone too at first. I dunno it just feels like letting your shepard die at the end of ME2, kinda like the worst ending. :/

It's different than the ME2 thing, where Shepard was definitely going to be the protagonist of the third game. I'm not so sure about Lee. If there end up being endings where he dies and endings where he lives, either way I don't think he'll play much of a part in the second season. That being said, I think that having Lee die in the last episode, if it makes sense based on your choices throughout the season, and it feels like a legitimate close to his arc, then I think there is immeasurable value in that. If Telltale has the storytelling chops to pull that off, it will be like nothing that has ever been done in a video game before.

The reason why I wanted to bring everyone with me is because there's going to come a time when someone is going to need to put Lee down. He's not going to last forever with that bite. What if he turns before he finds Clem? Even worse, what if he turns after he finds Clem and ends up causing her death? It may be poetic but in practicality, Lee needs all the help he can get. 
    bvilleneuve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By bvilleneuve

@Terramagi said:

@papercut said:

So did anyone else get the feeling Molly will be the main character in Season 2? Lee's all but dead and she went off on her own way. I could see her getting her own story.

Ice pick-wielding protagonists who spout inconspicuous Star Wars references will, unquestioningly, sway my vote--yes!

And was I the only one screaming at Lee to, just.. hack off his fucking arm? Is he left-handed, or something? Wouldn't arm-lopping apparatuses be fast draw indispensabilities during this particular end time?

I'm not so sure having a gaping arm stump is preferable to having a small bite. Don't forget, people: The bite doesn't turn you. The virus is in everybody.

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By ShadyPingu

I love you, Gary Whitta! BUT FUCK YOU TOO!

Killed the kid in the attic - I shot Duck in Ep. 3, and I brained this kid for mostly the same reasons. Also, I wasn't eager to put a gun in Kenny's hands, cause that guy is hanging on by a thread.

Told the truth to Vernon - this one was cut and dry, really. Honesty was the clear best choice for defusing that situation.

Left Clem with Omid - I thought Crawfowd was going to be a lot raw-er than it was, so leavin her with a possibly dying Omid seemed preferable. Gave her a whip, though, which she seems to be pretty damn good shot with.

Saved Ben - this is another one of those times when I just couldn't bring myself to fuck a member of the group, no matter how much of a liability he was. Especially after watching those Crawford tapes.

Revealed bite to the group - I figured there was no point in hiding something that was going to become apparent soon, regardless. Also, I'd been attacked by surprise zombies enough times to not want it to happen to anyone else.

And everyone came with Lee cause he is awesome.

When Lee tells Clem that they can't look for her parents anymore and she starts crying, I fucking teared up, man. I wasn't quite moved to tears when Lee was bit, but that was a seriously emotional moment. I was glad I was a sufficiently nice guy to get the whole crew to come along, cause I really needed to score a moral victory after that fucking death sentence.

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#113  Edited By papercut

@bvilleneuve said:

@Terramagi said:

@papercut said:

I'm not so sure having a gaping arm stump is preferable to having a small bite. Don't forget, people: The bite doesn't turn you. The virus is in everybody.

Bites kill you. The virus turns you.

Shinmaru007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Shinmaru007

I hit the kid with the wrench. Kind of wish I'd let Kenny do it since in retrospect that was obviously the point of the scene.

Lied to Vernon with the same logic as Laivasse. This was probably my dumbest decision this chapter since lies pretty much always come back to bite you in the ass in some way.

I brought Clem along since the earlier portion of the episode showed that she'd probably sneak out and come along with us, anyway, and I figured that would put her in MORE danger than being with the group the whole time. Plus, if Omid died and turned she'd be dead meat. Didn't feel great about bringing her, but it seemed like the best choice out of two shitty options.

I saved Ben because I belatedly realized the overarching point of the episode after I told Ben to fuck off and get out of the group. (Again, NOT the best episode for my intelligence under pressure.) And just standing there with his life literally in my hands ... I mean, I just couldn't do it. And hearing about what happens if you let him drop, I'm glad I didn't do it, because I would have felt AWFUL.

I revealed my bite because I've mostly been honest with the group and didn't want to put them in unnecessary danger. And, again, by that point it's quite clear that lies will fuck you over.

Everyone ended up coming with me. Omid and Christa were happy to help me. I wanted to give Ben a chance to redeem himself and appealed to him by saying Clem stood up for him. Kenny ... I mean, I've hated Kenny for a LONG time now, but I've mostly tried to deal with him using reason because this isn't the type of situation where you let that shit get in the way if someone can help you out. Finding Clem is more important to me than telling Kenny to go fuck himself, as satisfying as that would be. No doubt, though, I've made a huge mistake by not leaving someone to guard the boat ... ugh, god, I'm going to drive myself crazy thinking about how fucked my group will be until episode five comes out, haha.

I thought it was an OK chapter until about the halfway point when everything really ramps up and the parallels between Lee's decisions with Ben and how the Crawford group handles itself become more obvious. Definitely a good job by Gary Whitta, even with that evil, EVIL (though not unexpected) cliffhanger. The wait for episode five is going to be BRUTAL. Ugh.

bvilleneuve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By bvilleneuve

@papercut said:

@bvilleneuve said:

@Terramagi said:

@papercut said:

Yes, but bites aren't the only way to die in this world. Chopping off your own arm is a fantastic way to die.

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#116  Edited By papercut

So how do you fuck up and have Christa and Omid not want to come with you.

And as things are currently. I wouldn't want anyone in the group to take care of Clem. Kenny is insane, Christa is pregnant, Omid is a cripple, Ben is dead/useless. Who will take care of her!

My only hope is that we find her parents. I've been in the 'they are dead' camp since day one, but at this point what is there left? What's the point of anything man!? We're all doomed.

Terramagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Terramagi

@bvilleneuve said:

@papercut said:

@bvilleneuve said:

@Terramagi said:

@papercut said:

Yes, but bites aren't the only way to die in this world. Chopping off your own arm is a fantastic way to die.

Yes, but if you ARE bitten, it's GUARANTEED death versus PROBABLE death.

The comics covered this topic. Amputation is preferable to "oh well I have about a couple days at most".

AckbarTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By AckbarTheGreat

@Terramagi said:

@bvilleneuve said:

@papercut said:

@bvilleneuve said:

@Terramagi said:

@papercut said:

The comics covered this topic. Amputation is preferable to "oh well I have about a couple days at most".

I thought the comics said an amputation wouldn't work.

Terramagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Terramagi

@AckbarTheGreat said:

@Terramagi said:

@bvilleneuve said:

@papercut said:

@bvilleneuve said:

@Terramagi said:

@papercut said:

I thought the comics said an amputation wouldn't work.

Dale

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#120  Edited By myke_tuna
    • I shot the kid in the attic.

I let Kenny do his own son because I am (was) getting tired of Kenny's bullshit.

• I told Vernon the truth.

No reason to lie to the man. Yet. So why bother?

• I left Clementine with Omid.

Figured it was too dangerous to let her come with us. And I gave her a gun in case Omid turned. One walker is better than the 100 in Crawford, though I didn't know that going in. I thought we'd be fighting actual people which is even more dangerous.

• I let Ben live.

If anyone is killing Ben, it'll be Kenny. Or me. Not some punk ass walkers. Something is wrong with this boy.

• I revealed the bite to the group.

I've been fairly honest with them the whole time minus the murder thing. And it gave me a valid reason to stay with Clementine (and let the group go).

• Only Omid and Christa came with me.

Told Kenny to eat a dick. I like how he tells me I've been the one that's selfish when earlier when his family was alive, that's all he cared about. With good reason, sure, but usually he'd fuck over the (original) group. Which was another reason I made him kill his own son. You worried about them so much, take care of them now, motherfucker. I also like how he says he'd wait a bit once the boat was ready. I was hoping I could tell him to eat another dick, but I couldn't.

Ben, I let decide on his own. He didn't come and I don't fault him for it. That kid has some performance issues.

Omid and Christa decided to come and I thanked them. I was debating going alone, but Christa seemed to really want to come, so I caved. I also think if it comes down to it, Omid and Christa can take care of Clementine after I'm gone (which I will somehow, someway).

Overall, I think this episode was pretty cool. Some tough choices, but I'm really anxious to see how this all ends up. Obviously, Lee is dead, but if Clementine can either find her parents or go on with someone that actually cares about her (like Omid and Christa), then I'll be good. Or she could die and then I'll be very sad.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By mrfluke
    • Killed the kid with the wrench, killed duck myself, couldn't make kenny go through with it. dude's been like your best friend throughout the series.
    • told vernon the truth, didnt really think too much on this one, dude seemed like a innocent dude at the time that wouldnt kill in cold blood. so he would see reason
    • brought clem with me, cause at the end of the day, she seems the safest with me and that goddamm little girl is the thing i wanted to protect the most in that game (sure as hell wouldnt be safe with ben or omid)
    • i saved ben, i couldnt go through with killing the dude, he is a severe fuck up, but he still has a good heart, but i still wished kenny got to just beat the living shit out of him, but i didnt want to be like crawford and succumb to the survival of the fittest way of thinking
    • Showed the group the bite, seemed like the best thing to do, and at that point all i wanted to do was to save clem, cause i made the girl cry by telling her that we had to get on the boat and forget about her parents. fucking game broke me after i did that, felt like a piece of shit. Bravo Gary, you mad genius
    • Took everyone except Ben, ben means well, but this mission seems too vital to have someone like him on the team. wanted to go it alone, but i guess i picked the wrong dialogue trees.
    mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By mrfluke

I'd HATE to be the guy working on Episode 5, it is of utmost importance that that episode doesnt suck, or it could be the mass effect 3 scenario where the last piece of the story sours people on the entire series.

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

#123  Edited By TheMasterDS

Stomped the kid in the attic

Told Truth to Vernon

Left Clementine at home

Dropped Ben

Revealed bite to the group

The Odd Couple came with me.

ashogo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#124  Edited By ashogo

Is it just me or did this episode feel like it had less gameplay than usual? It felt like there were more cutscenes and less chances to just chat with characters for a bit.

I ended up with everyone but Kenny coming with me. I brought him to my side with the family angle, but when he got pissed about Ben coming along I told him to drop the feud, which the game read as me telling him to stay behind. Which option did I have to pick to get him to come along? I'm also wondering what you have to do to get Omid and Christa to NOT come with you. They were pretty dead-set on joining me in my playthrough.

I think it's pretty cool how split the player's final parties were on the last stat screen. Should make for some interesting variances in everyone's experience for episode 5. What really surprised me though was that the highest percentage of people ended up going with Kenny alone. I wonder how that happened.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#125  Edited By AndrewB

@ashogo said:

What really surprised me though was that the highest percentage of people ended up going with Kenny alone. I wonder how that happened.

Yeah, I was just wondering that myself. Is it that easy to piss of Christa and Omid? Apparently with all the different scenarios, it's easy to see why you'd lose Ben. Actually sounds kinda cool playing hero with Kenny as long as you've backed him all along.

I also want to see concrete stats on *how* players killed the zombie kid. I feel like only a handful of us used... maybe not the humane way, but the least noisy and brutal way, and went with the foot.

xpgamer7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#126  Edited By xpgamer7

I killed the boy in the attic. I killed duck because if Kenny didn't have to do it then he'd never have to do it again. At the house I realized it was eating him and I tried to make him do it to be able to deal with the world in front of him. Kenny and Lee got along well up until the meat locker but after refusing to kill Larry he's begun to resent me even when I try to help him. In the end I killed the kid because even though he needed to, he obviously couldn't and felt alone. He seems ready to die and throw away the world, and because he hates Lee too I felt that killing the kid would be the last straw for him.

I told Vernon the truth because they pretty quickly seemed to be at least a decent group of people. I had no reason to lie.

I couldn't bring Clementine to Crawford. I realized it was a big choice and after Chuck I realized she needed to grow up. Though from a story perspective I knew she wouldn't be killed, bringing her to a place where they would shoot her as soon as they saw her seemed too bad a situation for me to put her in. I was worried about the stranger on the walkie talkie and I felt that Lee was dismissive of Clementine most of the episode, so I was careful not to let her down when I could. I did however give her a gun, because she was home pretty much alone, and It is a darker world that she has to be ready for. But that doesn't mean I should bring her to the darkest places purposefully. I'm just worried that a choice like that might mean that I lose her because I don't want to risk her.

I saved Ben. He's not a bad person, and despite how badly he messes up it feels like none of the characters have recognized they need to teach him. He's not quite an adult but is treated like one. It means he's left alone almost constantly. Since Carley(who seemed like his closest friend) died he doesn't seem to have anyone to talk to. His constant guilt makes him try hard but the naivety of being left alone by people who keep seeing him make mistakes without trying to teach him a better way to go about it. It's gotten to the point that he's throwing away everything he has because he hasn't been useful so far. I try to be honest to him but supportive enough that I don't crush him. He needs some guidance because he's not useless, he's just being asked to do things that he's proven time and time again he's not capable of doing and then being left alone the rest of the time. Still there are plenty of things he should have been better about regardless(Clementine).

I didn't show the bite at first, but mentioned it after hiding it. I doubt there'll be a cure, and I was a little worried about Kenny's response but I didn't want to risk everyone else's lives and I trusted that most would stand behind me.

In the end I got Christa and Omid to stand behind me strongly. I wanted Ben to have a choice but I realized after my comment that he needed guidance instead. And Kenny...well Kenny doesn't hate me but he sure as hell doesn't love me enough either despite how much I've helped him.

Post notes: I think the boat is a bad plan, have for a while even before Vernon. I would've told Clementine yes to looking for her parents, but It didn't really give that as an option. Few things I would've done slightly differently if I had realized it back then but overall I'm happy with my choices and felt I played honestly.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#127  Edited By golguin

@AndrewB said:

@ashogo said:

What really surprised me though was that the highest percentage of people ended up going with Kenny alone. I wonder how that happened.

Yeah, I was just wondering that myself. Is it that easy to piss of Christa and Omid? Apparently with all the different scenarios, it's easy to see why you'd lose Ben. Actually sounds kinda cool playing hero with Kenny as long as you've backed him all along.

I also want to see concrete stats on *how* players killed the zombie kid. I feel like only a handful of us used... maybe not the humane way, but the least noisy and brutal way, and went with the foot.

I'm fairly certain telltale will reveal that stat in their video series "Playing Dead". They always show interesting stats about the episodes as they could apparently track everything done in the game.

bvilleneuve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By bvilleneuve

@Terramagi said:

@bvilleneuve said:

Yes, well, be that as it may, we are dealing with a story, where all the characters have imperfect information, and discussing what they should have done with that imperfect information. I doubt Lee is caught up on the Walking Dead comics; heck, I doubt he's read even one issue. And based on the information that he had, amputation would have made no sense.

ashleychittock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#129  Edited By ashleychittock

Shot the kid in the attic

Told Vernon the truth

Brought Clementine with me to Crawford

Didn't save Ben. Liability and an asshole, and even though my Lee is a good dude I probably would have let him drop even if he hadn't asked me to.

Revealed bite to the group. Kenny said I'd always been there for him, which seems against the curve reading the rest of these posts. I didn't help him squish Larry though.

I've got Kenny, Omid and Christa. Thinking back I can't even remember a point where you would have been able to cut the latter two loose. This game's intricacy is bananas.

ohnobruno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By ohnobruno

I killed the kid in the attic because as long as it's possible to take that burden off of Kenny, I will. I get the idea that it will help him work through his issues but I just think of that scene in Firefly when Mal is getting beat up by some dude and Zoe says, "This is something the Captain has to do for himself," and Mal responds, "No! No, it isn't!" It's only been days since his wife committed suicide and his son died by my hand. This isn't going to fix anything.

I told Vernon the truth because when I don't know what to do, well, that's what I do. It's hard to sound convincing when your making it up on the spot.

I didn't take Clementine to Crawford because it was an unknown situation that could go wrong in a million ways I couldn't predict. Though when I think about it, my choice was leaving a little girl alone in a house with a dying man and a loaded pistol. But she got her first zombie kill! I was so proud.

I let Ben go. This was wrong. I was pissed at Kenny for killing Larry but I let Ben fall. I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt and keep everyone alive but I still let Ben fall. It was wrong. He was a cowardly fuck-up who infuriated me every step of the way and I chose to let him fall because I was afraid he would kill us all. It was wrong but that doesn't mean I wouldn't do it again. When I talked to Clem later I realized my rationale sounded like some of the Principles of Crawford I had been reading on the wall. Still, might have dropped him again. This was a real interesting choice for me. I may have missed it but was there a way to drop him and then lie, saying you couldn't get him up?

Showed everyone the bite. I'm a dead man. They need to know they might have to kill me soon.

Everyone's coming with me except Ben. Obviously.

After three, this was probably my favorite episode.

strangeling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 50

#131  Edited By strangeling

Did you kill the boy in the attic?: You and 20% of players killed him.

- It's not a boy; it's a zombie. The circumstances of his death are a total bummer, but he's dead now and deserves to rest in peace. At first, I thought burying him with the dog was lazy and disrespectful, but remembered how much Walter was part of the family and realized the boy would have been happy to be with his dog again.

Did you lie to or threaten Vernon?: You and 73% of players were rational and honest.

- My first thought was, "Oh, shit, I've stumbled upon Crawford people." Once that was disproved, being honest about not being associated with Crawford was a no-brainer (haha). I just had to hope they'd take me at my word.

Did you bring Clementine with you to Crawford?: You and 78% of players brought her.

- Clem has proven herself time after time to be smart and resourceful. You can't disrespect that. Trying to keep her out of harm's way in this world is not protecting her. And it was the closest thing to us searching for her parents, like I'd promised we'd do.

Did you let Ben fall to his death?: You and 64% of players pulled him up.

- I was totally prepared to get rid of Ben when the chance arose. He ran off and left Clem for the zombies. "Lee will remember that." (No, I'm not playing with notifications on. Though I really noticed this episode the character's facial expressions pretty much tip you off to that stuff.) When it came down to it though, I muttered "God damn it, Ben," and pulled him up. In that moment, I realized that he realized what all he has done and how he could have made better choices. I hope he remembers that moment in the future. He gets the chance to grow into that.

Did you reveal your bite to the group?: You and 24% of players hid the bite.

- This one I just over thought. We're all infected already, so a bite shouldn't be any more dangerous than Omid's wound. Right? Take care of it, and you'll heal fine. I couldn't remember exactly how things like that work in this world, and didn't want to freak the group out, so I hid it...

Who came with you?: No one.

- ...And because I didn't want to endanger the group, I chose to go it alone.

There are some things I wish I had options closer to what I feel/think to choose from. For instance, the whole thing with Ben bothers me. During the whole altercation with Lilly, I was thinking it doesn't matter WHO did it, it matters WHY they were doing it. I wanted some option to point out that the person giving the raiders supplies probably thought they had to do it to keep the group safe.

And then there was the time I slipped and thought about it as a game, instead of going with what I'd've actually done. I pulled Christa into the train before Omid, because all the previous choices involved the unchosen person to succumb to zombies (despite my thinking that if I helped the one person first, the circumstance could allow me to save the second). And she chastised me for it.

RedSox8933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#132  Edited By RedSox8933

@Milkman said:

@RedSox8933 said:

@Phatmac said:

@RedSox8933 said:

@Phatmac: BOOOOO! SOLO LEE ALL THE WAY! There's something very poetic about Lee going by himself, even though it seems a little doomed. For those of us who hid the bite (although apparently that was a way easier decision for people than I thought it was), going alone just helped even more with the drama of the moment. Not that I'm playing for the best dramatic experience, but it was a really powerful way to set up the finale. I feel almost completely alone and hopeless and I'm fucking loving it.

I know! I hid my bite too and decided to go alone too at first. I dunno it just feels like letting your shepard die at the end of ME2, kinda like the worst ending. :/

It's different than the ME2 thing, where Shepard was definitely going to be the protagonist of the third game. I'm not so sure about Lee. If there end up being endings where he dies and endings where he lives, either way I don't think he'll play much of a part in the second season. That being said, I think that having Lee die in the last episode, if it makes sense based on your choices throughout the season, and it feels like a legitimate close to his arc, then I think there is immeasurable value in that. If Telltale has the storytelling chops to pull that off, it will be like nothing that has ever been done in a video game before.

The reason why I wanted to bring everyone with me is because there's going to come a time when someone is going to need to put Lee down. He's not going to last forever with that bite. What if he turns before he finds Clem? Even worse, what if he turns after he finds Clem and ends up causing her death? It may be poetic but in practicality, Lee needs all the help he can get.

I suppose that's true, but the emotional core of the game is the relationship between Clem and Lee. Everything else is peripheral. I regret it slightly in the sense that I'll have less help to save Clem, and the possibility of Lee turning when (and if) he finds Clem, but I've also stripped away parts that don't mean much to me (Kenny, Omid, Christa), and now it's just Lee's personal journey, which I suppose it has been all this time. I guess all I can say is that I've made my choices, and I'm not turning back on them. Whatever that may mean for Lee and Clem.

RedSox8933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By RedSox8933

I also think it's really interesting that all of the players who let Kenny kill duck killed the boy in the attic themselves, and all of those who killed Duck let Kenny kill the kid in the attic.

SeanFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By SeanFoster

I hit the child in the attic over the head with a wrench

Told truth to Vernon

I brought Clementine

Saved Ben

Didn't show the bite to the group

No one came with me - just felt right dramatically going into the final chapter.

RedSox8933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By RedSox8933

@SeanFoster: Totally agree with you.

phrosen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#136  Edited By phrosen

Killed the kid in the attic with the wrench.

Told Vernon the truth.

I left Clem at the house, though I trusted her with a gun.

I let Ben die. I thought about this long and hard. And at the time it still looked like Molly was going to tag along. It was a difficult choice, and I felt shitty immediately after.

So when I got bit, at that moment it only made sense for me to reveal the bite and go off alone. But when the rest of the group pretty much agreed the we were all responsible for Clementine, I let them come with me. And how could I not? What else could I do? Go off alone, so when I find her, she's all alone with a dangerous zombie man? That's the worst idea.

Subbeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Subbeh

Stamped on the kid in the attic, I'd already saved Kenny from having to finish Duck and didn't want to push him over the edge.

Told the truth to Vernon, didn't see any reason to lie to him.

Brought Clementine to Crawford, didn't want to leave her with someone who couldn't defend her.

Saved Ben, like Lee said, turning on our own made us no better than the Crawford lot. Much as Ben has pissed me off I didn't entertain the idea of letting him fall.

Revealed bite to the group, wanted them to know so that they would be prepared to deal with it when the time came.

Who came with me: everyone except Kenny. He wouldn't go with Ben and he would be more useful working on the boat anyway. Was annoyed again that I had to convince

Ben to go help Clem even though she was the first one to stick up for his dumb ass. That kid had really better redeem himself in the finale, with the Bandits, Cat & Duck, Carly

and his numerous other screw ups I almost wonder if he was worth saving.

briangodsoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By briangodsoe

Regarding the kid in the attic, I don't know what was more fucked up. Deciding who was going to put him out of his misery or deciding what you are going to use to do it. I wasn't expecting to see a foot/gun/wrench icon I thought Lee would just do it.

Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
    rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By rollingzeppelin

Ben caused all the shit with the bandits to happen, which lead to the deaths of Duck and Katjaa. Didn't speak up when being questioned about it from Lilly which lead to Carley being shot. Completely abandoned Clem when zombies were closing in. Acted like a total fucking douche when asked to look after Clem. And pulled the only object keeping the zombies out of the school, endangering everyone's life yet again and getting cancer survivor lady killed in the process.

And yet he was still just a well meaning fool.

I couldn't forgive him for his cowardice and stupidity though. I let him sacrifice himself to save the group and make up for all the good people that died because of him. It was the best thing he could do to make amends. Besides, with the sheer amount of stupid shit he did, he would have gotten himself killed eventually anyway. Better to die a hero.

And yet he was still just a well meaning fool.

thebunnyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By thebunnyhunter

I killed the boy in the attic with the wrench, didn't want to stomp or shoot because i thought it would upset the others 
    I didn't live to Vernon 
    I brought Clementine with to Crawford cause i thought it would be safer since she'd follow anyway. 
    I didn't let Ben fall to his death, he may be a stupid fool but he is well meaning and deserved a chance to redeem himself........ 
    I didn't reveal my bite, i needed to find  Clementine first then tell the group.

• Ok so FUCK Kenny, all i did for him and he doesn't help me to find Clementine? I've been on his side this whole time but he doesn't see this, saying that there was a time we were friends.  Its that deep seeded hatred of me for me not going straight for Duck on Hershel's farm.  I thought we had each others backs.....this really upset me.
    • I save Ben so he can redeem himself and when i need him the most he doesn't come through for me, so much for redemption.  I should of let go of his hand.
    • Omid and Christa dont help, i help get Omid medicine and Christa stabs me in the back.  Omid you have a pass....for now, but im sure you'll find some way to sabatoge me.
    • Gotta do this shit by myself (i am the 6%)....why doesn't amyone like me.....WHY?
    • Also FUCK YOU WHITTA
    Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Coafi

• I let Kenny shoot the kid.

• I told Vernon the truth.

• I let Clementine come with me.

• Saved Ben.

• I revealed the bite.

• Everybody joined me to go look for Clem.

Natedogg2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By Natedogg2

Did you kill the boy in the attic? I did. I hit him over the head with my wrench (I didn't want to risk shooting him and worrying others). I killed Duck in the last episode, and Kenny still didn't seem like he was in a good frame of mind, so I did the deed.

Did you lie or threaten Vernon? I didn't. I managed to talk him down.

Did you bring Clementine with you to Crawford? I brought her with. I felt kind of bad since I didn't bring her to the river, after I told her to not leave my side. Besides, I didn't want to leave her alone with Omid in case he turned.

Did you let Ben fall to his death? I saved him. Sure, he really hasn't done much good for the group. But I think he's going to do something helpful for the group eventually, even if he's geek fodder.

Did you reveal your bite to the group? I did. I've been honest with the group so far, telling them about my crime and telling Ben he should confess, and I didn't want to start lying now. Besides, I figure reveal it now, and we don't have that awkward situation when they find out about it later.

Who came with you? Everyone but Kenny. I've never really sided with him in any of the previous episodes, and while I tried to bond with him a little in this episode, it was too little, too late. Ah well. At least he's getting the boat ready.

Smokay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Smokay

One thing I havnt seen people mention too much is how Ben telling Kenny he had a deal with the bandits.I had him hiding i and he brought it up at worse possible fucking moment which leads to Kenny complety flipping his shit,what happens if you tell Ben to be honest with him?

darklight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By darklight

Just finished Episode 4 and was curious of people choice, as for mine:

• I hit the kid with a wrench. I did it for Duck so may as well continue my zombie child killing spree (I'm up to two at the moment!). It seems they wanted to have a really emotional tone for this scene....but I can't say I felt anything ... He's a zombie so I did not care about finishing him off.
    • I told the truth to Vernon. I always try to calm the situation, so i did not see why I should lied/threaten him.
    • I brought Clementine with me at Crawford. At first I didn't want to bring her, but for some reason I felt safer if I could keep an eye on her instead of letting her with whoever would be at the house. (Was afraid it would be another Ben accident). I felt it was a good choice after realizing that if Omid died while we were away, I would have let Clementine in a house with a Zombie.
    • I did not let Ben fall to his death. He's an idiot and fucked up a lot in this episode (not helping Clementine when she was in danger, not watching over her at the house) but if I have a chance to save someone from death, even a complete moron, I will save him.
    • I did not reveal the bite. I was still in the phase of the "Oh shit!" moment. I did not want to worry anyone with this, or being rejected by everyone, so yeah, on the moment I hid it.
    • I went alone. Still in this "Oh shit" phase I was in a little earlier ago. To tell the truth I missed some of the conversation with all that was going through my head. I did not want to endanger anyone and I felt that Clementine was my responsibility so I went alone.

Looking back, knowing that I will be Zombified, maybe I should have brought people with me to help me find her and finish me off but I won't go back on my choice since it was on the spur of the moment. I just hope that I'll have time to find her, kick the ass of the guy who took her away and bring her to safety before dieing. Also, i find interesting that most people that revealed the bite went with a group and the one who hid it mostly went alone. If I was a psychologist maybe I could conclude something here. :P

All in all, this is the episode I prefer the least. Also I hate Kenny, he would need a good beating.... but nonetheless I can't wait to see how this will pan out in the next episode. Hoping I'm not killing Clementine because of my choice.

Soap_of_Death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By Soap_of_Death

- Killed the boy in the attic with a wrench.

- Told Vernon the truth and reasoned with him.

- Brought her with me to Crawford, at least I could keep an eye on her that way.

- Saved Ben.

- Showed the bite.

- Everyone except for Kenny went with me but I told him to fuck off anyway. I hope you get to kill off Kenny in episode 5 or at least get to play a role in his death. Something like setting him on fire and pushing him into a crowd of walkers will suffice.

BigSteve1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#146  Edited By BigSteve1983

Thought the first part till you get to the school seemed very much like a padding chapter. Then once the school part started it seemed to get very interesting

anyway here was my choices:

Kurb stompped the kid in the attic

Was honest and safetly disarmed Vernon

Brought Clementine to Crawford

Watched Ben die (and enjoyed it.... Hated the little bellend)

Revealed bite to the group

Who came with me: The couple from Episode three (forgot their names)

santoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By santoo

- stomped the kid

- lied to vernon on accident (told the truth about myself, then asked him to help in exchange for medicine - which I thought our group still had, either from the pharmacy, or from raiding the abandoned car in earlier episodes.)

- left clem at the house; did NOT give her a gun either (am I alone in this? gun= loud=more walkers, even if clem can handle the gun - and could deal with killing someone at that age. hiding = best chance to stay alive imho)

- saved ben

- revealed bite

- group: everyone but kenny / everyone (first time, kenny gave me shit even though I've done everything for him. for some reason, my pc just crashed afterwards & I had to replay the group-selection, at which point out of curiosity I chose the "clem = family" path and got everyone to follow, even though kenny still bitched about ben. what an asshole).

questions for fellow players:

- if you/kenny shoot the kid: is there any fallout from the noise (or wasting of bullets)?

- if you tell vernon the truth: how is you relationship with him - and his wife? (when lying to him, his wife stays a total bitch until she finally gets what she deserves; he himself is understandably reserved but cooperative.)

- if you do not take everyone with you at the end: what do those characters do? wait at the boat? leave the group? help in some other way? (in my crashed session I gathered that kenny would have prepped the boat, which would have been a-ok for me, as he has experience with that and it means that we can leave as soon as we've got Clem back)

- does anyone else kind of regret getting everyone to join you? lots of support seemed like a good idea at first, but with a little perspective: omar's been sick in bed the whole ep, would seem likely to slow us down (even in spite of his extremely quick/convenient recovery). ben... is definitely not someone I'd let die, but taking him on a mission of vital importance? no, I've given him several chances to prove himself, he always fucked up. he can redeem himself some other time, this is too important - should have let him wait with/at the boat. kenny... has always been a big help in tough spots, but he's the only one who can prep the boat - either helping by joining the search or readying the boat would be fine.

misc questions:

- at the end of the cannibal-ep (#2?), there was a woman watching our group through binoculars IIRC - has this been resolved yet? any connection to the walkie-talkie-voice?

- do we know that vernon is the the walkie-walkie-voice we heard in earlier eps? for that matter, do we know that he was the guy who warned us at the bell-ringing? or have we been in contact with 2 or maybe even 3 people?

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#148  Edited By probablytuna
    1. Didn't shoot the kid.
    2. Was honest with Vernon.
    3. Didn't bring Clementine.
    4. Saved Ben.
    5. I didn't choose, but the game chose to reveal it for me.
    6. Took Omid and Christa. I kinda wanted to go alone at first but they convinced me otherwise, but I told Ben to stay. Who knows what will happen with just Ben and Kenny together.
    Monkeyman04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By Monkeyman04

1) Had Kenny shoot the kid (since I chose to shoot Duck last time, thought it was best for Kenny to work some things out)

2) Was Honest with Vernon

3) Brought Clementine

4) Let Ben drop.

5) Hid the bite thinking that Kenny would kill me in a heartbeat

6) Kenny came along with me (I don't remember there being a prompt for me to tell Kenny off since the other two decided to go on their own way)

Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#150  Edited By Bones8677

@RedSox8933: I dropped Ben too. Fuck that guy. It's his fault all that shit went down in Ep. 3. He ditched Clem, and failed multiple times to keep an eye on her. I shoulda just put a bullet in his head.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.