Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Walking Dead

Game » consists of 41 releases. Released Nov 21, 2012

Presenting an original story in the same franchise as the comic book series of the same name, The Walking Dead is a five-part adventure game from Telltale that follows the story of a convicted murderer, his guardianship over a young girl, and his co-operation with a roaming group of survivors in a zombie apocalypse.

Chapter 4 to 5 - Losing Save Progress

timeshero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

In anticipation for season 2, I've been finally playing through this. The other night I finished chapter 4, waited through the credits then quit the game. I booted it up today to play chapter 5, and when I started the game, it had me redo the last decisions of chapter 4, rolled credits went back to the menu.

I went back to my save and it was ready to begin chapter 5, however when I start it, the "previously on The Walking Dead" video didn't have any of my final decisions.

I ended chapter 4 with these folks joining me, but when I start chapter 5, Lee is alone.

I've attempted this walkthrough with no results. Should I just rewind a little further and keep trying until it works? Is there a better way?

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By ThunderSlash

Are you playing on the PC? What I did to fix it was delete all the saves in the install folder, and then move them the Documents/Telltale Games/The Walking Dead folder. It seemed to fix it for me. Make backups of your saves just in case something breaks.

Disclaimer: I am not liable for any damages this might cause.

Edit: I made a minor error. What I really did was cut and pasted the prefs.prop file in the game install folder. Located at The Walking Dead/Pack/default. And moved it to the Documents/Telltale Games/The Walking Dead folder. Just like in that link I should've clicked on before posting. You need to get rid of the prefs.prop file in the game install folder after copying it over to the Documents folder.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.