Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Walking Dead

Game » consists of 41 releases. Released Nov 21, 2012

Presenting an original story in the same franchise as the comic book series of the same name, The Walking Dead is a five-part adventure game from Telltale that follows the story of a convicted murderer, his guardianship over a young girl, and his co-operation with a roaming group of survivors in a zombie apocalypse.

How to get 360 Controller to Work on PC

Ross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By Ross

Whenever I try to use my 360 controller, my computer recognizes it and has already installed the drivers, but when I start up Walking Dead I can't find an option to switch control settings. Any help would be awesome, thanks everyone.

WEB_War4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By WEB_War4

It's broken. I think all of Telltale's games are. Back to the Future, Jurassic Park, and The Walking Dead. They all work, but not with the controller. On the win8 release preview those games would crash immediately. There is no solution on their forums either. If you're using 7 or earlier, try downloading the software from microsoft's site.

Teoball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Teoball

I've had no problems at all using a 360 controller in Jurrasic Park or The Walking Dead. I just plug it in and the buttons change from keyboard the to the controller.

Sorry, I don't have any idea why yours doesn't work.

Skrams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Skrams

If you've installed the drivers from Microsofts site then when you start up the game and just move an analog stick the interface should just switch over to the 360 interface where its button prompts and so on. The only problem I had during the game was pressing pause and it showing a mouse cursor and it sometimes would stay there during the game. Also this was on XP.

cannonballbam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By cannonballbam

@Ross: Are you using a wired 360 controller or a wireless 360 controller with receiver for pc?

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
    Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@Ross: Just go to options and choose "show 360 buttons", you should be able to use your controller after that, same thing happened to me.

agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By agentboolen

@Ross: Did you try Xpadder?

WEB_War4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By WEB_War4

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=697804 This thread links to a dinput8.dll to put in the folder that gets the controller working. It made both jurassic part and the walking dead work for me, worth a shot.

Edit: The link is on post #15, and post #16 warns "Be careful on the topdll site it is on the shady side, don't allow it to scan for errors, but the dll is clean from what NOD32 tells me."

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.