Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Walking Dead

Game » consists of 41 releases. Released Nov 21, 2012

Presenting an original story in the same franchise as the comic book series of the same name, The Walking Dead is a five-part adventure game from Telltale that follows the story of a convicted murderer, his guardianship over a young girl, and his co-operation with a roaming group of survivors in a zombie apocalypse.

Let's talk about 400 Days. (Spoilers inside)

• 117 results
    matsemann08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#51  Edited By matsemann08

@laivasse: Ah, so he really was a badguy. The rest is almost the same, the groups feelings and the "dictatorship" is the same, Boyd is still alive though, and there was no attack on the camp.

newhaap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@zornack said:

@8bitavrin: During the start of the Shel segment someone comments that they're missing a flashlight and that someone must have dropped it in the cornfield. They dropped it when they were chasing Bonnie and company.

How this makes any sense is beyond me. They opened fire on three harmless people but after I gave the order to execute the Asian guy who broke in everyone got all moody and tense. There's some real disconnect there.

I forgot how that happened, but I think they just showed up after Dee appeared with the bag? I assumed Dee stole the bag from them and they were going after her.

Avatar image for butishootfromthere
    ButIShootFromThere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@laivasse: I agree with everything you said. I enjoy the tough moral situations, but only when the writing is fair in conveying what my choices actually are and in making sure those choices aren't neglecting common sense dialogue options. Like you said, I didn't understand Vince would be shooting somebody's foot off, and I definitely didn't think I was leaving him for dead after. And I wanted to put up more of a fight against killing Stephanie, but for some reason we're driven to a binary decision with common sense dialogue options (like demanding to hear her side of the story) unrepresented. There was plenty of time in that situation to have a discussion with the group, it's not like we were being chased by walkers.

Also the ending was weird for me because the way everyone was talking in my group, it seemed like all but Russell were planning on leaving for the new settlement, but for some reason only Bonnie and Shel actually did.

And one more minor gripe. I don't go for achievements at all in any games, but that rock-paper-scissor one kinda bugged me. Every other achievement so far has been only for chapter completions. I kind of got the impression that was a conscious decision to prevent achievements from influencing people's choices or making them feel like they did something wrong. Maybe it's stupid, but I don't think it's entirely trivial in a game like this.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#54  Edited By Sterling

FluxWaveZ stats
    FluxWaveZ stats

That is the type of stats I expected to see. I am playing on PS3, and all the choices on mine at the end were 50%, every single one. I found that odd.

As for my choices, I don't remember who Danny or Justin was. I shot the guy that wasn't the wall street guy. I though it would play out differently, and they would group up, so I figured I wanted the smarter guy in the group later.

I got out of the car.

I left Nate. I tried to kill him, but it wouldn't let me.

I told the truth.

And I left.

And the only people that didn't leave at the end for the larger group were Wyatt and Russel. I wanted Russel to go, but didn't care about Wyatt.

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

Fuck Wall Street.

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

Avatar image for irishmarkerhead
    Irishmarkerhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

- Shot the pyramid scheme guy since the other guy seemed more remorseful for what he did.

- Lost the game and got out of the car. Tried to save the cop.

- Let the prisoner go. Killed Stephanie.

- Left Nate since I recognised the wounded wife as the puppy eating walker from Shel's story so figured I couldn't do anything.

- Told the truth to Leland.

In the end I persuaded Bonnie, Russell and Wyatt to come while Shel and Vince stayed at the camp. A little deceptive at the end though when they're throwing the pictures in the fire and it seems like they all decided to come. Aside from that it was a solid episode and interested to see how things carry over to Season 2.

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58  Edited By myke_tuna

My play through was pretty good.

• Shot Danny

He seemed like a pretty good dude, but he was the one who started fucking with Justin. And Justin seemed fairly smart and kind of asshole-ish but not Nate levels. So I went with him thinking he'd be the better partner. I was hoping you just shoot the cuff off and get both of them, but I figured the person you shoot was going to die because this is the fucking Walking Dead.

• Stayed in the car

I tied with the friend 2 times and then finally ended up beating him. I didn't want to leave him behind though as I thought I would drive AWAY from Nate's car and toward my buddy, but that didn't happen.

• Stayed with Nate

I ended up staying with Nate. I picked the unsure answer to his "let's kill everyone" because I wasn't sure what he would do otherwise. I figured since this is the Walking Dead that one of these characters you play as might be able to die (not knowing about the epilogue piece).

• Told the truth to Leland

I told the truth because it was an accident. I did kind of feel bad. Though, I messed up the first time and I ended up dying. After the whole scene was over, I just let out, "Hey, if I don't hit you, you fucking kill me. Fuck you, bitch." But yeah, still an accident.

• Ran off

Decided to leave the camp. I don't see why the fuck that Roman dude would chase me down. If I'm leaving, it means I don't ever want to come back again, so fuck you and good day. I suspect he believes someone could tell them about the place and double back, but considering the amount of time Shel is there, he shouldn't suspect me.

And that's about it. Everyone ended up coming with me; even Russell. I got lucky with the people you know choice, but it seemed the most logical one. Tavia already tells them they have shelter, food, water, and protection (even if it sounds WAY too good to be true). I don't know what else you could want though besides meeting up with friends and/or family.

skyline7284

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

There were a few moments in Season 1 where I had to put down the controller, and just take a breather. Nothing impacted me quite like that in 400 Days. I thought Vince's episode was weak, and boring. Shel and Russel's were both good, but again not really up to the standards of season 1. Wyatt and Bonnie's left me a little dissapointed. I feel like 400 days is designed to test a few new gameplay ideas, like when you pull the thing out of the ground during Bonnie's story and you have to hold down a button, and the car chase sequence during Wyatt's. If I were to rank it with the Season 1 episodes...

1. Episode 3
    2. Episode 2
    3. Episode 5
    4. Episode 1
    5. Episode 4
    6. 400 Days

Also worth noting that 400 Days ran substantially smoother on my PC, so maybe they optimized it better then the rest of season 1.

bassman2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 12

I really didn't like 400 Days.

Honestly, the characters were well written and I did enjoy some of the situations; but everything felt incredibly contrived. The thing I loved about the Walking Dead was the fact that even though things were scripted, they didn't feel that way. The major choices came up at unexpected times, and were earned through building a ton of tension (or, in the case of episode 2, starting in an absolutely insane way). 400 Days doesn't have that. All of the stories feel like every choice you have doesn't matter up until one "big" one. Even then, those choices didn't really matter to me because I felt like the substance wasn't overly impressive.

I understand that having a bunch of short stories makes it harder to really learn about each character and develop them; but I sincerely didn't care about any of them. The ex-junkie? Couldn't care less. The murderer? Good voice acting, and like his writing; but don't care what happens. The girl and her sister? Kid annoyed me, older sis' was an idiot. The younger kid? He was fine, and I'd like to see what happens to him. The stoner? I like him, and would like to see him developed further.

By the end of it, I just wanted to be done. The reveal at the end that there was an epilogue caught me off guard, and I liked that; but the fact that only one person joined me (the ex-junkie) made me think "great, is that the only one that's coming into the next episode? Man, I hope this doesn't have too much bearing on the next season."

Sorry Telltale, I love the Walking Dead; but this was just... weak.

Z_Maniac88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Z_Maniac88

I've actually played it twice now...just to see how things would turn out....and because I think this style of game is awesome. I wouldn't say that this was an AMAZING episode, but it was really good. My first go around:

• Russell: Left Nate (I hated this @$$hole. I hid from his truck when he first came by and I gotta say....when I saw Carly lying next to me on the ground, I let out one of those Darth Vader, Revenge-of-the-Sith "NOOOOOOOO's" out. Heartbreaking.)
    • Vince: Shot Danny's foot off ( I let my morals play into it a little, but also...maybe in season 2 or somewhere down the line, I'll get paid from Justin...shrug. Plus, I went down the mind your business road with Vince and said nada.)
    • Shel: Cleared the f*** out of the rest stop (Roman was letting the power get to his head and I did NOT want to end up in a mini-Woodbury. I also, chose to kill the guy and you should might see the consequences of your choices from Russell's chapter. Then again, I did his chapter first so,maybe you will or maybe you won't???)
    • Wyatt: Kept my happy-go-lucky ass in the car (I didn't know I was gonna end up leaving ol' boy...oops?!?) (Plus, I won at Rock/Paper/Scissors)
    • Bonnie: Lied to Leland (And they ran off happily ever after...mas o menos.)
    • Tavia: Everyone but bitch ass Russell left with Tavia.

I'm really looking forward to what happens to Shel/Becca, Vince & Wyatt is season 2. I could rally care less about Russell....at least my first go around.

Attempt #2:

• Russell: Stayed with Nate (The beginning of a beautiful, psychotic friendship.)
    • Wyatt: I got out of the car, lost at Rock/Paper/Scissors on purpose to help my homie out...and then got left. -_- .That's some Baby-Back Bullshit)
    • Bonnie: Told Leland...he stayed...he got killed...The End. BUT...I finally realized who it was that was hunting me and killed him. Roman's Crew)
    • Shel: I killed Stephanie (I also let the guy go and Boyd somehow got killed. Oops...Oh well. Also, Becca was a lot nicer this time around.)
    • Vince: Yea...still shot Danny. HAH! But this time...I took the honest guy route. 3 Cheers for Honesty!
    • Tavia: I don't know if I pissed off the The Powers That Be, but Vince and Bonnie were the only two to go with Tavia.

After the second go around, I'm...pretty much feel the same way. I'm really interested in seeing how things go, in both storylines, with Vince, Shel/Becca, Wyatt. And Ii'm interested in seeing the differences between the two Russell's of my game...so he has a purpose to me. Bonnie...is the only person I could care less about. I really don't. She could be gone within the first two minutes of Season 2...wouldn't miss her. I am just REALLY excited in seeing how my characters from 400 Days fare in Season 2...and who are the two people, that Clem sees in the distance at the end of Season 1??? THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME! CAN'T WAIT!

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played the game in this order:

• Russell: Hid from Nate (Didn't notice that was Carley until one of the posts here), then left his psycho ass and he killed the old people. It was creepy when Nate is going all psycho because his eyeballs get huge. Like anime huge.
    • Bonnie: Lobster claws, I was shocked it was Dee I wacked. Told the truth to Leland and we skedaddled after he said his goodbyes.
    • Wyatt: I won RPS and I tried for the trophy but also didn't think I'd win. So I stood in the car and left Eddie, unfortunately.
    • Shel: I let the guy go and then killed Stephanie.
    • Vince: I shot Danny's (The pedo) foot off. I didn't know that was going to happen but TWD episodes never really explain actions you're about to commit anyway.
    • Everyone except Shel & Bonnie left with Tavia. Which bothered me but she'll probably catch up in season 2 because they can't just block her out.

Overall, I liked it but don't really care for the characters yet. But I'm interested in knowing more about them, except Bonnie. She's easily the weakest character and I already called her being the first to bite the dust. But I'm pretty excited for season 2. I can't wait to see Clementine again!

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#63  Edited By MildMolasses

I wasn't a fan of this episode since nothing I did seemed to matter much as everyone just ends up together and then (seemingly at random) all but Russell decide to go with Tavia. When I left each person's story, they were all in a group of some sort (save for Wyatt), yet somehow all those people disappear and the only explanation I got was that Leland ran off. No explanation for Nate disappearing (unless he's the guy that is chasing Wyatt. The truck did look the same), or why Shel left the group or what happened to Vince's buddy.

I haven't replayed any of the other episodes, but I want another go at this one because I don't feel like I had any control over the outcome

pyrrhus19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By pyrrhus19

My play order and choices were as follows:

1. Russell: Left Nate.
    2. Bonnie: Told Leland the truth.
    3. Wyatt: Stayed in the car.
    4. Steph: Left in the RV.
    5. Vince: Shot Justin.

In the Epilogue everyone except Vince decided to leave with Tavia.

EricSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By EricSmith
    1. Russell: Left Nate.
    2. Bonnie: Truth
    3. Wyatt: Left the car.
    4. Steph: Left in the RV.
    5. Vince: Shot Justin.

Everyone went to the camp.

I started up the game with my controller connected on Windows 8, and it wiped my entire save file, including the Steam Cloud. The game won't even boot with a controller connected. So now, I won't even be playing Season 2 because I have no save, and I am not going to replay the game to make the exact same choices. Fuck TellTale's inability to make an even relatively bug free game.

Cowmeat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Cowmeat
    • Shot Justin's foot off.
    • Left Nate.
    • Killed Stephanie.
    • Told Leland the truth.
    • Stayed in the car.

Also, FUCK WALL STREET!

MormonWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 21

A lot of this DLC felt kinda scattershot. The Game Informer review sums up my problem with the Bonnie section very well: "The dialogue choices and decisions are the highlight, but it's impossible to escape feeling forced into some choices that bridge to gameplay. For instance, in one scene, something sneaked up on my character. I hesitated at striking because I wanted to make sure it wasn't somebody I knew; I quickly found the "Game Over" screen. In my next attempt, I struck, and my previous observation was correct. Instead of being rewarded for correctly anticipating a circumstance, I was instead forced to play the situation in a way I normally wouldn't have."

I did that same thing. I felt a lot of the side things were more interesting than the "big" choices too.

• I was honest with Leland, though the whole scene felt unnecessary, as I pointed out.
    • I lost at rock-paper-scissors (and failed to get a trophy, apparently) and tried to save the cop.
    • I decided to kill Stephanie because it's closest to what I would have done if given the option - namely, to talk with her, figure it out, and possibly stage an actual mutiny. The choices felt false and were annoying to me.
    • I shot off the foot of the pyramid scheme guy behind me. Too bad I left him behind too but I guess he was bleeding pretty badly. The other guy seemed more decent.
    • I left Nate because he's nuts. I didn't get to see Carly because I stood my ground when he came...and missed out on another trophy apparently. I tried not to go with him too.

At the end, Shel, Becca and Vince didn't come along even though it had seemed like I convinced the group. It came as a shock when the summary screen told me that. Also, all the other player's decisions were at 50/50 for some reason and I beat it two nights ago.

@laivasse said:
    Wyatt was the worst one. I was enjoying that scenario, digging both the characters. I decided that Eddie was stressed and that I'd do a better, quicker job of checking out the body. I insisted on leaving the car once. I insisted on leaving the car twice. I refused to play RPS because to me that meant 'no games, shut the fuck up, I'm going outside'. The game treated this as telling Eddie to go outside. I really, really wanted to go outside, but got forced out of it because the game just wants to railroad you into the RPS game while describing your options poorly. Other people here talk about wanting to stay inside and being forced to go outside after LOSING. So Eddie, apparently, just wants the opposite to what you want, regardless of what you want! I guess he simply loves playing rock-paper-scissors...? This is nonsense. Wouldn't be surprised if Whitta had a hand in this one.

Holy crap the same thing happened to me, except I eventually just gave in and played, which seemed weird and out of place. I dunno, I kind of think there was some good writing and that there were some good parts in the DLC, but overall it was more forced and contrived than the regular season, which generally gave me believable options in tough situations.

Also...isn't Chris Remo at Telltale now too? Why did nobody raise a stink about Becca's guitar-playing animation? She's clearly picking the strings but the music is generic strumming patterns. It's pretty glaring.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Man, it seems like the results from 400 Days can vary drastically. I almost want to play it again but I don't want to lose my "true" save. It makes me really curious how they're going to tie it into season 2.

Also...isn't Chris Remo at Telltale now too? Why did nobody raise a stink about Becca's guitar-playing animation? She's clearly picking the strings but the music is generic strumming patterns. It's pretty glaring.

He's at Double Fine

LikeaMetaphor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I desperately hope 400 Days doesn't determine who shows up in Season 2, because if that's the case, I lost Vince and I'm not going to be using my save for Season 2. And if that's the case, I kind of don't want to play Season 2.

If the determining factor for Vince is really if he shoots Danny, that's complete and utter bullshit. That's entirely arbitrary - how does that affect his trust of outside groups?

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

#70  Edited By TheMasterDS

• Shot Danny
    • Stayed in the car
    • Stayed with Nate
    • Told the truth to Leland
    • Killed Stephanie

Everyone but Black Kid came with the black woman. Was surprised when they showed he didn't come, I thought it was going to be a sure thing. Hell, I thought it was a sure thing when everyone but him came around to it. I have no fucking idea why it was just him who stayed or what I did to achieve that. It just seemed random.

8BitAvrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Thanks @zornack@jeanluc and @redbullet685 for clearing that up for me. Makes more sense now. I remember talking about the flashlights when playing as Shel, but just didn't connect the dots. I'd definitely like to see more connections and callbacks in the next episodes.

Really neat reading other people decisions, and reasons behind them. Still seems unclear why certain people decided to stay or leave for the camp. Hopefully they'll clear it up in the next episode. I'm guessing you won't play as any of those characters in the next episode unless they all eventually make it to the camp or something.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

billyhoush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

I'm thinking of replaying to get everyone to go with me cause mine ended with just Bonnie. I really didn't like Bonnie.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

For $5 I felt it was worth it. A little short, but I can't complain.

My choices...

- shot Danny's foot

- Left Nate (interesting character, absolutely despised him!)

- Took the RV and left

- Told Leland the truth

- Got out of the car to help the cop after some Rock, paper, scissors.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always find myself trying to role-play this game. Which is a bit difficult given the short time spent with each character. But I found they set up some semblance of characteristics pretty fast so it wasn't too hard. But I found myself thinking "Why do all characters have to be sympathetic?" Maybe it's just a personal thing, but when you're playing a handful of different people from different backgrounds, it would be a bit more interesting if not all of them were beating the odds and being good hearted. In order of playing;

• Left in the RV; This choice felt strange. Because as I rationalized it, you were killing her either way. You kill her and she's dead, you leave they kill her. And either way, since I never was informed or otherwise told how, why or if Stephanie had even changed personality wise, it just seemed like they were punishing Shel rather than anything else. I decided to get out of there though because ultimately that place was running itself to the ground. Side note; Becca is annoying as hell.
    • Left Nate; Russel seemed like a decent enough guy, and I felt like he had some composure in his morals enough to not hang with that dude. Nate will be an interesting opposing character to watch for if they use him again.
    • Told Leland The Truth; First I would like to say that maybe I've seen one to many real videos on the internet with graphic violence, but that scene after the blow struck a chord with me. It was just.. extremely well crafted graphically. Even though I doubt an ex junkie would be able to actually punch part of someone's face in like that. Either way, I figured she wanted to be honest with him as they seemed close, but not entirely sure how others here managed to tell the truth and leave with Leland as he basically pushed her away for me.
    • Shoot Danny; As others have said, I wasn't really thinking I was shooting someone's foot off and leaving him for dead. Didn't necessarily like either Danny or Justin, the choice were more of an who goes first kind of thing. Still, as they ran off I thought to myself: "Shit, I just left the guy claiming to be innocent behind and ran off with the self-proclaimed liar." But, I also tried to play Vince as a pretty indifferent guy, maybe even a little callous.
    • Stayed In The Car: Leaving that dude Eddie behind? Not cool, Wyatt. Why the fuck didn't he just try to get Eddie to run back to the car somehow? Also, I was totally convinced we were playing for who of us were going out, not staying in. That was odd.
    • Everyone went to the settlement.

Overall I really enjoyed the episode, even though some of the parts felt a bit forced and binary for no good reason. I think knee-jerk reaction wise, I am finding Wyatt and Vince the most appealing. Russel and Shel feels like variations on Lee (at least if you play him the way I did) and Shel comes with the annoying Becca, I somehow can't overlook her completely juvenile rationalizations. What was interesting about Bonnie got ruined by the fact that Leland actually didn't tag along for me.

Curious to see if season 2 has a new main character and these are all just side characters that populate that season in some way.

CoinMatze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I don't understand why you all shot Justin's foot off. Danny is a fucking rapist, whatever Justin did is inapplicable in a Zombie apocalypse. What, you all forgave him because he was remorseful in a prison truck? That's probably the reason why Vince stays behind when he goes with Danny, because that guy tried to rape every thing that moves now that the authorities are gone.

Scampbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@recspec said:

@donutfever said:

Fuck Wall Street.

Fuck Wall Street.

I would like to see the statistics on this dialog option ;D

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laivasse said:

• Russell. No problems with this one. Nate was crazy. I didn't want to be around Nate. I said 'goodbye, Nate'. I left Nate. Perfect. It just seemed to make for a really short vignette.

Russell and Vince stayed behind for me

Wait, how short was your Russell vignette, exactly? Did you bail on Nate super early or something? Because otherwise, for me, his wasn't anywhere nearly as short as Vince's. Can you actually cut his vignette short super early? I thought Wyatt's was the only episode that can vary significantly in length (I never left the car with Wyatt, but watched a Let's Play where Wyatt goes out instead of Eddie, and Jesus, that sequence is way fucking longer than just finding some keys). Also, anybody notice that in Russell's chapter, Nate's right hand is all cut up from when it got smashed in the door frame of Wyatt/Eddie's car? I'm surprised people haven't made more posts about any other less immediately obvious connections.

I was kinda bummed that Vince's chapter had seemingly no connection to anybody else's, aside from the fact that his prison bus was near the gas station, and you see that prison bus in at least Bonnie's chapter. Are any of the various cop zombies meant to be either of the two cops from inside the prison bus? Do you ever see a zombie of the guy whose foot you shoot off? Whatever, I guess it served as a decent intro to the 400 days thing, though the part where he is in custody when it all goes down was a little too similar to Lee.

Anyway, I'm fine with the episode overall, though I agree that some of the choices were a little more railroaded than in previous episodes. Still, whatever, they are always going to be railroaded, if season 1 taught us anything. It's not exactly The Witcher 2 where they are fine with you missing like hours worth of content depending on some story branch.

My only complaint was that I wish the game made it more clear how much influence Tavia has over who joins, though I don't know how they would communicate that. For example, I apparently didn't say the dialogue option that makes Russell join you (you have to say something like "Maybe you'll find someone you know at the settlement"; guess he's still looking for his gran). I didn't say that because literally like 15 seconds before, Wyatt already said "You got others? Maybe Eddie is there...", so I thought it was pretty fucking obvious to Russell that yeah, this would be the best place to look for lost loved ones. So even though Wyatt and Russell have basically identical motivations for joining Tavia (finding someone), only one of them is smart enough to figure it out on their own (unless I'm completely wrong on how that works).

I haven't looked at a guide, so wild speculation time. Somebody seemed to think that whether Vince comes or not is entirely decided by whose foot you shoot off (which seems real random), and apparently if you saved child rapist, he doesn't want to join Tavia for some inexplicable reason. I think Wyatt is entirely decided by whether you left the car; if you never left, he has no idea what happened to Eddie, feels bad about driving off, and wants to find him at the settlement, if you left the car, then he doesn't have quite the same motivation because Eddie drove off without him? No idea what decides Shel. Russell is apparently decided by whether you say that line I mentioned earlier. No idea what makes Bonnie join you, though apparently 90% of people seem to have Bonnie join them (maybe if you lie to Leland she hates herself and doesn't want to join Tavia or something).

Also, seriously, why so many cops? Cops in Vince's chapter, fine. Wyatt and Eddie hit a cop. Shel's group has a cop zombie chained up as a watch dog. Russell has a chance to mercy kill a cop zombie out back (which I think is meant to be different from the one that is chained up, since if you kill it, TIME PARADOX). Bonnie is the only chapter with no cops. Also I'm real tired of seeing zombies wearing letterman jackets. Does the South really have that many people walking around in letterman jackets, especially when the outbreak seems to occur sometime in summer (since a couple months later in season 1 it's suddenly fall at the motor inn)?

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

Also, seriously, why so many cops? Cops in Vince's chapter, fine. Wyatt and Eddie hit a cop. Shel's group has a cop zombie chained up as a watch dog. Russell has a chance to mercy kill a cop zombie out back (which I think is meant to be different from the one that is chained up, since if you kill it, TIME PARADOX). Bonnie is the only chapter with no cops. Also I'm real tired of seeing zombies wearing letterman jackets. Does the South really have that many people walking around in letterman jackets, especially when the outbreak seems to occur sometime in summer (since a couple months later in season 1 it's suddenly fall at the motor inn)?

It's always the same cop. I think the point was to show you how this all happened within a small area, in case the constant returns to that diner wasn't enough.

Also, as a person who stayed with Nate, I would really like an explanation as to how they separated. I was totally OK with Nate shooting the old racist, and his wife was good as dead anyway. I would really like to know why he wasn't around at the end. This episode was the worst in terms of forcing the story in a direction regardless of your choices. I see no reason why Russell left Nate, or Shel left Roman's group. I feel this would have been much better if your choices during the story determined who would have been around the fire at the end, and then all of those people went with Tavia. Instead I get people at the fire with no explanation, and then a seemingly random selection of them deciding to leave. Russell was the only one who decided to stay behind, and as other people said, that dialogue choice that makes him go with the group isn't really obvious. Everything in the episode seems so manipulated and very little of it has to do with how I tried to steer the story

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By ThunderSlash

@bisonhero: The cop with the screw in its eye is the same cop that shows up in Vince's chapter (shot one of the guys in the bus), he is also in Russel's chapter as the zombie you can optionally take out and the zombie in Bonnie's chapter (if you don't take him out in Russel's).

The cop that took off in Vince's chapter (guy that wanted to report the other cop's mishandling of the situation) is the cop Wyatt and friend runs over. He can also be in Shel's chapter as one of the guard dogs (otherwise it's the old man from Russel's chapter if you stayed with Nate).

But you have a point about that zombie with the letterman's jacket. I'm pretty sure Lee has killed him several times at this point.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By BisonHero

@mildmolasses said:

This episode was the worst in terms of forcing the story in a direction regardless of your choices. I see no reason why Russell left Nate, or Shel left Roman's group. I feel this would have been much better if your choices during the story determined who would have been around the fire at the end, and then all of those people went with Tavia. Instead I get people at the fire with no explanation, and then a seemingly random selection of them deciding to leave. Russell was the only one who decided to stay behind, and as other people said, that dialogue choice that makes him go with the group isn't really obvious. Everything in the episode seems so manipulated and very little of it has to do with how I tried to steer the story

I tend to agree, though I could see why maybe they discarded that idea. If they didn't show up, you'd probably be left wondering "Wait, why didn't they end up in the rag tag group at the end? Did I 'fail' their section of the story?" Though yes, the current ending is just as bad, as all of the secondary characters just randomly disappear with only a very thin explanation, and to most players it felt like you "failed" if you didn't get all five to come with you.

I guess it would feel forced, but it would've been nice to have the different characters behave noticeably different depending on how their vignette played out. Like, have Shel and little sister behave radically different depending on whether they killed Stephanie or they ran away, but instead, their lines just feel very generic, and I really get no sense of why they do or do not go with Tavia. Some people joining Tavia is decided by what you make Tavia say, while some people seem to be based on how you completed their vignette. Vince's vignette plays out basically the exact same every time, just you leave with a different guy, but apparently traveling with one of those guys will convince him to not join Tavia? How does that work, game? JUSTIFY IT TO ME.

If anything, the final scene needed to be longer, and frankly, I'd be fine if you what you say as Tavia has no effect and everybody joins you no matter what. Hell, everything she says is super neutral, and there aren't any asshole response anyway.

If your Russell went with Nate, then Nate should be at the fucking camp fire. Then just have Russell go with Tavia (because it makes fucking sense), but have Nate just say "Fuck this", get in his truck, and leave because he likes being a free man or something. I would buy that, because A) that's Nate, and B) I have no control over Nate. Do the same thing with Vince and whichever prison buddy, and Bonnie and Leland. Having Nate/prison buddy/Leland all leave or die offscreen is kinda just bullshit. The part where every player character shows up at the campfire, but suddenly they're all making these arbitrary decisions largely outside of your obvious control, when you were just directly controlling them within the past hour, is jarring and kinda irritating.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderslash said:

@bisonhero: The cop with the screw in its eye is the same cop that shows up in Vince's chapter (shot one of the guys in the bus), he is also in Russel's chapter as the zombie you can optionally take out and the zombie in Bonnie's chapter (if you don't take him out in Russel's).

The cop that took off in Vince's chapter (guy that wanted to report the other cop's mishandling of the situation) is the cop Wyatt and friend runs over. He can also be in Shel's chapter as one of the guard dogs (otherwise it's the old man from Russel's chapter if you stayed with Nate).

But you have a point about that zombie with the letterman's jacket. I'm pretty sure Lee has killed him several times at this point.

Oh shit, there can be a zombie in Bonnie's chapter? I just assumed hers is the one chapter with no zombies in it. When does that happen?

And yeah, Lee has killed that letterman jacket zombie several times, and aside from that, I swear in literally every zoomed out shot where you see 6+ zombies, there is always letterman jacket zombie.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh shit, there can be a zombie in Bonnie's chapter? I just assumed hers is the one chapter with no zombies in it. When does that happen?

When you fall of the cliff, you wake up with a zombie trying to grab your leg. It's how you put the screwdriver in his head - I think that if you play Russell's first, he won't appear.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostiet said:

@bisonhero said:

When you fall of the cliff, you wake up with a zombie trying to grab your leg. It's how you put the screwdriver in his head - I think that if you play Russell's first, he won't appear.

But he already has a screwdriver in his head in Russell's chapter. Now I'm confused on the origin of that zombie.

Bonnie-then-Russell: She puts the screwdriver in his head, then he limps over to the gas station where Russell can finish him off or not?

Russell-then-Bonnie: Screwdriver already in head, so whether or not Russell mercy kills the zombie decides whether the zombie is still around to attack Bonnie?

Now I'm curious how many events are actually affected by the order in which you play the vignettes.

FLYmeatwad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So are the Tavia choices the ones that matter?

I shot Justin (seems like maybe I should have shot Danny to get Vince to come though. This one seemed clear that one of the two was going to die because both pleaded for me to not kill them. I do wish I kept Justin though, that guy was cool. Fuck Wall Street. Didn't realize the mini episodes were going to be so short though and figured that Danny would have more survival know how or whatever than some white collar criminal.)

Left Nate (stood my ground early though and missed that damned Carly thing. Also, not sure why Russel didn't come aside from maybe not saying the right things with Tavia?)

Stayed in the car (Tried twice to go out and then beat Eddie in RPS in the first two matches)

Told Leiland the truth (Got killed by Dee the first time though because obviously that person wasn't going to be an enemy)

Drove away in the RV (Did this after killing the prisoner, which meant I got the jaded pissed off Becca)

In the end Shel, Becca, Bonnie, and Wyatt came with me. I honestly have no idea why Vince and Russel didn't. Kind of upset that I missed Carly and that I didn't get a full group to come with me. Still unsure if it's random or not, as people who made the same big choices as me have gotten full groups to go. Doubt I replay it though, have not replayed an episode yet, just feel like some of the choices weren't communicated that well. When it told me I left Eddie behind I thought there was a way to get him in the car and was pretty upset, I guess there wasn't though.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flymeatwad: I don't think the Tavia choices can possibly matter THAT much, because I think you only pick about 3 lines for her to say. Unless the characters are bundled together in some weird way, I think what you say as Tavia only affects some of the characters.

The episode is a cool midseason interlude, but the more I think about it, the campfire ending really is pretty anticlimactic, and it's frustrating how obfuscated the cause-and-effect is between who joins Tavia and who doesn't. Remember in the end of Ep 4, when your rep with various characters decides who comes with you to look for Clem? It feels like they were going for that, except that while I believed in whatever invisible reputation number they were assigning in season 1 to each character, I didn't believe at all in whatever arbitrary criteria decide who joins Tavia.

Laiv162560asse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Laiv162560asse

@bisonhero said:

@laivasse said:

• Russell. No problems with this one. Nate was crazy. I didn't want to be around Nate. I said 'goodbye, Nate'. I left Nate. Perfect. It just seemed to make for a really short vignette.

Russell and Vince stayed behind for me

Wait, how short was your Russell vignette, exactly? Did you bail on Nate super early or something? Because otherwise, for me, his wasn't anywhere nearly as short as Vince's. Can you actually cut his vignette short super early?

You're right, Vince's was shorter than Russell's.

I don't know about bailing early, probably not. Nate picked me up and drove to the petrol station, meeting the zombie on the way. We got fired at, jumped the old man, then while that convo was happening I told Nate 'toodle-oo' and it was over. I guess it wasn't the briefest nor significantly briefer than any other scene, but for me psychologically it felt abrupt because it never really peaked in terms of conflict or tension. I was giving Nate lots of silent treatment and telling him I regretted going with him, then in the end I just left. Still, that's part of the reason I enjoyed this scenario, because it gave me natural choices and responded well to them. Plus Nate was a great character.

Also I lied to Leland and Bonnie still joined Tavia.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By BisonHero

@laivasse: Alright, so it seems like the major choice in Bonnie's scenario doesn't affect whether she joins Tavia. And seeing as so many people got her to join Tavia, I bet there isn't even a "right" answer among Tavia's dialogue options; if anything, maybe there is just one specific "wrong" answer that if Tavia says it, it will discourage Bonnie from joining.

Sless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everyone came to the camp except for Russell. That was a bummer for me.

I agree with the sentiment that a lot of the decisions felt a little murky, not in their moral stance but in their execution. As some other people have said, the Vince decision was kinda unclear as to what the actual intentions were. Same thing with the Bonnie killing Dee. It was a gruesome scene but didn't feel entirely earned... felt way more cheap than the majority of the first season. Probably my least favorite episode. Not terrible, just didn't have that tight scenario design that the first 5 did and the short length did make it tougher to connect with some of the characters (I didn't care for Bonnie, Wyatt's chapter was over in a blink... though I really liked Shel).

as for my decisions, I

shot Danny

stayed in the car

killed Stephanie

left Nate

told Leland the truth

Killing Stephanie seems mildly controversial. I killed her because she stole a ton of supplies while leaving. It kinda is against my own moral compass but seemed right at the time, for Shel, for whatever reason.

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Dallas_Raines

So everyone else noticed that Shel's group were the ones attacking Bonnie & co., right? I clearly saw Stephanie there.

Anyway...

- Shot Justin

- Left the car

- Left Nate

- Escaped the camp

- Told Leland the truth

Russel, Vince and Wyatt stood behind.

Gerhabio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

FluxWaveZ stats
    FluxWaveZ stats

Got everyone to come with me at the camp except for Vince. Was shocked by how many people lied to Leland.

Russel's episode was the one I disliked the most. I tried to shoot his crazy partner when I had the chance, but it didn't let me. Also, I would have liked the option to rob the old couple of their food without killing them, but eh.

My favorite was probably Shel's. Reminded me of Episode 2 of Season 1 and it had the hardest decision for me to make by either leaving in the RV or killing Stephanie.

I finished it today and in the stats all decisions were exactly 50% Could it be a bug?

My decisions:

1. Shot the scammer's foot (Justin?), felt like the ambiguously pedophilic dude was might have actually been falsely convicted based on his standing up for others... Regretted it when, during the end confrontation with Tavia, they mention they were glad he died before young Becca joined them (yikes).
    2. Stayed in the car. I was really unsure about this one. First I thought I should get down there as I trust my own aim with the gun better than the plot's but thought I could choose for both of us to go. Ended up winning the roshambo game and abandoned Eddie unintentionally.
    3. I left with the RV. Becca was developing into a cold nihilist and I wanted to halt that. After my choice to spare the infiltrator backfired, I thought I'd cut my losses.
    4. I left Nate. I got some serious rapey vibes off that dude, thought it would be best for Russell to get as far as possible from him.
    5. I lied to Leland. Bonnie was already flirting with Leland inspite of knowing he was married. Why start fucking shit up with honesty? Plus, I failed the QTE where you kill Dee and that bitch outright KILLS YOU when you do. It was her or Bonnie. Didn't end up mattering since Leland dies by the end.

Vince and Russell stayed and the rest left with Tavia. I got real bummed about Russell staying. Would staying with that potential rapist and murderer really make him trust people more? The fuck?

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gerhabio: I believe Russell's choice is more dependent on Tavia than anything else.

Elwoodan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shel's was the best bit in my opinion because, while I wanted Shel to be a 'good' role model for her sister I was really worried that leaving the group might cause Becca to, at the very least, hate Shel, or worse, end up dead. not quite as strong as the original season, but as a collection of short stories I really enjoyed it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e5619720a117
    deactivated-5e5619720a117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is the first time I've really wanted to go back and play something over in this game. Only trophy I don't have...

@meaninoflife42: I'm guessing you didn't hide from the car in the beginning of Russel's episode. If you choose to hide you jump down right next to Carley or Doug's body just off the road.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e5619720a117
    deactivated-5e5619720a117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OK, I feel like I missed something. Let me explain. These were my choices:

- Shot the rapist's leg.

- Stayed in the Car.

- Voted to kill the intruder, but then drove off in the RV.

- Stayed with Nate.

- Was honest with Leland.

And I got everyone to go to the camp at the end. But Nate wasn't there...and neither was Leland? Did I miss a line of dialogue?

Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

-Left Nate.

-Chose that the intruder should live, and killed Stephanie.

-Left the car.

-Shot Danny.

-Told the truth to Leland.

Overall, I thought this was an alright episode. I liked it, the characters I liked the most were Vince and Wyatt. I don't know why everybody seems to dislike Wyatt so much. Was it just me, or was the game hinting that Wyatt is gay?

In the end, this game left me wanting more episodes of the Walking Dead, I wanna know what happens next, but I have a feeling the second season won't be as good as the first one was.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dross said:

And I got everyone to go to the camp at the end. But Nate wasn't there...and neither was Leland? Did I miss a line of dialogue?

Vince, Wyatt, Shel, Russell, and Bonnie are the only characters the writers actually wanted to focus on. So no matter what you do with Justin/Danny, Nate, or Leland, they're never going to be at the campfire because the writers didn't want anyone but the main five people there.

There's a line about Danny getting killed sometime before the campfire, and there is a line about Leland abandoning Bonnie. They don't go into any detail at all, it's just a very quick line to make it clear to the player why they aren't present. I didn't stick with Nate, but I've heard that he also gets a brief line acknowledging that he is no longer with Russell.

Colonel_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

- Left the bus with Danny

- Left Eddie behind

- Killed Stephanie

- Left Nate

- Was honest with Leland

All in all, it was a solid piece of dlc. Despite the fact that you only spend 15-20 minutes of each character, I thought they did a god establishing some of them. The only ones I didn't get invested in was Wyatt and Becca, and to a lesser extent Russel. Russel was a bit too stand offish, even though it does make sense in the grand scheme of things (it's a nasty world after all). Wyatt seems decent enough and I usually root for the stoner character in these things, but I dunno, I just didn't get into his vignette that much. Becca I just found bratty. I know all kids can't be Clem, and I get that in many ways she is the anti-Clem, but I just found it rather odd how quick she would agree to kill someone. It's that kids that act like adults thing, that's frankly a problem with a lot of media.

All that being said, I loved the vagueness of Vince's crime. He was protecting his brother? Why? Who was the dude he shot at the beginning? Hopefully we find out more about it in season two, similar to how we learned about Lee. Shel was neat too, being torn between keeping her sister safe and preserving her sense of morality/innocence was a good angle. Also I found Bonnie's situation interesting too, especially after I choose "I know" and implied that she had feelings for Leland, and them BAM wedding ring.

As an aside, I've played the whole series on xbox (cue "Yer doing it wrong!"), and choices shown at the end were all 50/50.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
    TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just finished it. I like the cast of characters their setting up, it made me really want more. That decision on the bus is brutal what a way to start the game. Also finding Carli, man. Seriously bummed me out remembering that...

-shot the money guy

-stayed in the car

-let the guy go/shot Stephanie

-stayed with Nate

-was honest with Leland

Some pretty rough choices already, I just hope that they don't lean too heavy on that stuff, I full expect it to be as bleak and shitty as the first game but it needs to be done intelligently. Anyway, pretty great set up. I'm gonna go be sad about Carli now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.