Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Walking Dead

Game » consists of 41 releases. Released Nov 21, 2012

Presenting an original story in the same franchise as the comic book series of the same name, The Walking Dead is a five-part adventure game from Telltale that follows the story of a convicted murderer, his guardianship over a young girl, and his co-operation with a roaming group of survivors in a zombie apocalypse.

Major (game breaking) save bug

Froghourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Froghourt

I realize that there are already several topics about save issues, and that is has been plaguing the game since the second episode, but this is goddamn ridiculous and I haven't seen a topic about it here on Giantbomb.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/10/12/telltale-working-on-fix-for-corrupt-walking-dead-episode-4-save/

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35717

Basically, at a (seemingly) random point in Episode 4 when the game is attempting to save you will get a error message that says that the save has been corrupted, and it will try to recreate the save. The game will then freeze, forcing you to shut down your console. Once you restart the console, all of your saved games, even the ones that weren't in use at the time, will be lost

So this just happened to me. I finished Episode 4 yesterday, and today my brother was working through his version of the game, when he suddenly got the error message. Now we have lost two full games, and the patch that is supposed to fix this isn't even out in Europe yet. Even with the patch is seems almost certain that our saved games are lost. What is Telltales response? Start a new game at Episode 4, with random choices.

I find that unacceptable, for obvious reasons.

EnduranceFun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By EnduranceFun

I've got an annoying bug on 360. I have three save files and naturally I went through episode 4 as number 2 first, only to find out later on [as there's no definite way of telling] that I was actually playing on number 1. This screwed up that file completely as I had a mindset for number 1 that was opposite to 2, really annoying, so I had to play through on number 1 again to do it right. Going back later, I played through on what I thought was save number 3. Despite it telling me how I was 'overwriting' my save, I thought I was safe as I went back and forth from the select menu making absolutely sure that I was on number 3... only to again realise I had in fact saved over number 1 a second time. This was such a headache that I've shelved the game for the foreseeable future, ugh. This did happen to me with episode 3 once, but I thought that was just a mistake considering how monumentally stupid this kind of glitch is in a choose-you-own-adventure, save file-based game such as The Walking Dead. Is this my punishment for having multiple files and not going by a single run of kneejerk reactions?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.