Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Walking Dead

Game » consists of 41 releases. Released Nov 21, 2012

Presenting an original story in the same franchise as the comic book series of the same name, The Walking Dead is a five-part adventure game from Telltale that follows the story of a convicted murderer, his guardianship over a young girl, and his co-operation with a roaming group of survivors in a zombie apocalypse.

On the most recent Podcast someone (I think brad) was mentioning

mikecardii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By mikecardii

That the 360 version of TWD should be avoided. Would a laptop with a first generation i5 and no dedicated video card run TWD on pc well or would I be better off slogging through the 360 version?

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By laserbolts

Brad was exaggerating. I played through all the episodes on the 360 and it wasnt THAT bad. Sure the frame rate gets a little choppy here and there but it certainly doesnt ruin the experience.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#3  Edited By wefwefasdf

@mikecardii said:

That the 360 version of TWD should be avoided. Would a laptop with a first generation i5 and no dedicated video card run TWD on pc well or would I be better off slogging through the 360 version?

I played through all episodes of The Walking Dead on the 360 and only ran into one glitch. Other than that, I really didn't have any problems. Unless you can still get it sale, I would recommend playing it on the 360 because you don't have a dedicated graphics card.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By Vinny_Says

Is frame rate really that essential for an adventure game? Sounds like Brad was just exaggerating again.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#5  Edited By fox01313

It could also be a case too where Brad or anyone on the GB crew has seen it on so many different consoles/pc that they might notice the flaws of it being on the 360 but if you enjoy it on the 360 & not critically look at the differences, should be fun with whatever version you get.

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The_Ruiner

Played it on 360 with a minor bug or two... nothing major...360 version is just fine. It's not like there's full screen explosions or anything...

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By MildMolasses

@Vinny_Says said:

Is frame rate really that essential for an adventure game? Sounds like Brad was just exaggerating again.

He seems overly obsessed with framerate, which I guess is valid in some instances and to certain people. However the technical issues for TWD cause some weird hiccups during loads that does take some of the impact out of certain, sudden occurrences in the game. It did ruin some moments, but it hardly made the game broken and unplayable.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d5c454eb6aa
    deactivated-63d5c454eb6aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I played on 360 and didn't run into anything major. I only noticed the framerate slow down at the start of episodes for a few seconds.

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Sin4profit

To be fair, TWD runs like ass on PCs with (some?) ATI video cards as well, something to do with the shadow rendering. I disabled shadows in my game and it ran fine after that.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MikkaQ

I thought he was complaining about the save bug where your choices weren't going from one episode to another. That can't be happening to everyone though, I imagine it's fine.

Bane122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Bane122

Just get it on 360, it's fine.

jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jozzy

@MikkaQ said:

I thought he was complaining about the save bug where your choices weren't going from one episode to another. That can't be happening to everyone though, I imagine it's fine.

And it happens on the PC too, I had that happen when I started episode 2.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By fattony12000

All frames.

Avatar image for endlessobsidian
    EndlessObsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By EndlessObsidian

Well, we know that the game IS playable on the 360, with many people even going as far as to say it runs just fine. On the other hand, you're not too sure how the game will perform on a non-gaming laptop. If it were my decision, I would go with the 360 version.

mikecardii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By mikecardii

Alright thanks for the responses duders! I played the first episode on 360 so if the performance isn't much worse than that I'm sure I'll be fine.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#17  Edited By Undeadpool

Yet more proof they're just a bunch of Microsoft fanboys!

I think he was just saying if you had the option, you definitely should avoid it and I'm inclined to agree with him, having played it on 360. The framerate takes some pretty substantial dips and there can be weird hitching when choices are made. I didn't find it prevented me from playing/enjoying the game, but it DOES break flow and atmosphere a bit. Kinda slapping you in the face with "YOU'RE PLAYING A VIDEOGAME!"

NoobSauceG7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 15

#18  Edited By NoobSauceG7

360 version is fine. I had zero problems with it.

Avatar image for bobby_the_great
    Bobby_The_Great

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Bobby_The_Great

I beat it on the 360. It was fine.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.