Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Walking Dead

Game » consists of 41 releases. Released Nov 21, 2012

Presenting an original story in the same franchise as the comic book series of the same name, The Walking Dead is a five-part adventure game from Telltale that follows the story of a convicted murderer, his guardianship over a young girl, and his co-operation with a roaming group of survivors in a zombie apocalypse.

two quick questions: savebug and total time

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

I finally decided to play this game. Is the savebug still present on PC? What is the approx total time of all episodes without the DLC.Thanks in advance

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@wuddel: Not totally sure the save bug is totally gone, but I believe they've mitigated it considerably compared to when the game first launched.

As for total time without DLC, I spent about 14 hours, but I did explore the environments pretty thoroughly, and not everyone will do that. I'm sure there are people who finished it in like 10 or 11 hours. It would feel like rushing to me, but I could believe that you could get through each episode in about 2 hours or very slightly over.

Even with my thorough playstyle, the DLC is shorter than any of the episodes. Worth seeing, it's quite cool, but the DLC is more in the region of 1.5 hours, or at the absolute most 2 hours. Comparatively, I spent 2-3 hours each on the five episodes season 1.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 25

I dunno what other save bugs there might be, but the bug I had was incredibly simple to fix. Without DLC I think I clocked in around 12 hours.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

There are definitely some save bugs still around. I finished the first episode 3 times and every single time it forgot my decisions.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

There are definitely some save bugs still around. I finished the first episode 3 times and every single time it forgot my decisions.

That's because you made the wrong ones.

(I really need to apologize for the joke because the save bug for The Walking Dead really, really sucks)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.