Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released May 17, 2011

The sequel to 2007's critically acclaimed role-playing game, The Witcher. Players again take control of Geralt of Rivia in this story-focused adventure.

Can't beat Letho

atlfalconsfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Dude is hard. How did some of ya'll beat him? Tactics?

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By conmulligan

It's been a while, but I'm pretty sure I just kept using the trap sign while hitting him from behind.

UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Use the shield(quen) sign a bunch and watch his pattern. You'll get frustrated because you can't do a lot of damage to him but if you play extremely safely, you will do fine. You will die if you try to go in for too much damage. It may take you a couple of tries to get his pattern down.

eladren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Grenades, queen sign and a lot of rolling around, put some oil with a bleeding/poison effect.

the most important thing is to not be greedy, take a couple of slashes, throw a grenade and roll around some more. good luck

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Use the shield(quen) sign a bunch and watch his pattern. You'll get frustrated because you can't do a lot of damage to him but if you play extremely safely, you will do fine. You will die if you try to go in for too much damage. It may take you a couple of tries to get his pattern down.

Yeah this is one where you need to settle for small amounts of damage and be patient.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Justin258

I remember having a real bitch of a time fighting this dude. The first time I fought him, I knocked it down to easy and it was... well, pretty easy. The second time I fought him (as in, the second time I decided I'd play through the game, not the second time you fight him), I beat him on Normal but I don't exactly remember how I did it. Careful use of magic and boatloads of patience are the two things I remember learning from it, though.

EDIT: Worth noting that I thought this was a terrible boss fight both times. It's just a ridiculous difficulty spike in a game already full of annoying difficulty spikes. Plus it's in a small space. Plus you spend a lot of time rolling and it just starts to feel silly and bland by the time you get him down to half health.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All I remember is that it took a while, just got in a couple hits and then back away. Rinse, repeat

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By gamefreak9

This was the point when I realized I have to restart and spec in swords :P.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The cheesiest way is just spam Aard but you can do it with Yrden as well.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By NTM

@atlfalconsfan: I didn't even fight him, and it was kind of disappointing. I didn't feel like playing it again.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I remember using Aard a bunch, and this was the fight where I learned that using the Quen spell keeps your vigor from regenerating. So I started using that more strategically, instead of freaking out and using it as soon as I got hit.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Watch his pattern, use Aard when you have an opening

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quen, Quen and quen again. Or place a dozen traps where he spawns and 1 hit him.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
    deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

git gud

Sbaitso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That stun trap plus the spell that gives you a protective shield are are gonna be your friend in this fight.

LawGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Yeah, this fight was a bitch. He hits like a truck and if he places a status effect on you you're basically dead. Plus, the cut scene before hand really works wonders at taking the timer right off any potions you might be using.

I seem to remember cheesing my way through him by chucking a million of the really basic stun grenades (Samnum? Samum? Something like that) at him. They do virtually no damage individually, but they do put him in stun lock, so you can eventually whittle him down over time.

noboners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is the worst fight in the game by far. Everyone else has already said my two strategies, which is traps and grenades or Aard. Seriously just be patient though. It gets better.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember him having really easy patterns but loads of hp so just take your time and wear him down.

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

spell spell hit roll

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.