Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released May 17, 2011

The sequel to 2007's critically acclaimed role-playing game, The Witcher. Players again take control of Geralt of Rivia in this story-focused adventure.

Deep Look: The Witcher 2- Moral Ambiguity At Its Finest

thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By thatpinguino  Staff

Hey Duders,

Here is the latest Deep Look! Deep Looks are largely gameplay and commentary like a Giantbomb quicklook; however, I try to cover games that have been out for a while and I intend to use the videos to highlight moments and mechanics that I found particularly worthy of highlighting and exploring. Also I aim to keep the videos under 20 minutes.

In this Deep Look I examine some of the storytelling in The Witcher 2 and explain what makes its characters and world so awesome. I discuss the tonal consistency of the world of The Witcher and nuanced motivations of the main characters of the first two acts (and spoil both acts in doing so). I also examine what separates the story and the characters of The Witcher from other RPGs. Come check out what makes The Witcher 2 one of the most realistic and interesting stories in modern gaming history.

thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1 thatpinguino  Staff

I think this is my last Witcher 2 video for a bit. I have some old games to check out with my Retron and some other stuff in works. I'm really glad I got around to finishing the Witcher 2 though, that game is outstanding from a story and characterization standpoint. The cohesion of the game's world is really amazing. The combat didn't hold me, but it was strong enough to see me through. Also I can now uninstall the hugest game on my hard drive finally.

thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 thatpinguino  Staff

It look like I'm not going to be able to get a video out this week due to holiday stuffs, but I've got some writing and video stuff in the works so I should be back on schedule by next week. I spent some much needed down time actually playing games this week so that set me back on my blogging pursuits. On the positive side, at least I threw some more idea logs on the fire.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By Evilsbane

Just a little advice, your game mix + speech volume makes it hard to hear you talking in the particular video you posted.

thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 thatpinguino  Staff

@evilsbane: Thanks for the heads up. I have no idea how that happened because the audio mix is the same as my last Witcher video and that one came out fine despite having more combat. These are the pitfalls of working alone I suppose.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.