Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released May 17, 2011

The sequel to 2007's critically acclaimed role-playing game, The Witcher. Players again take control of Geralt of Rivia in this story-focused adventure.

Game Length?

Stealthoneill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Stealthoneill

Hey guys,  

I've been looking on Steam for a good RPG that I can throw a lot of time in to and am wondering if the guys who have already run through the games can answer the question - How long is the average play through? I like games that I can pump 40-50 hours in to and still enjoy it as much as the first hour (Read: Oblivion) and can't find much information anywhere else.  

Thanks in advance! 

Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Vorbis

Took me 40hours on Hard, while the last Act isn't a good as the others it's still a great game the whole way through. Just don't go in expecting an easy game and you'll enjoy it.

Thule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Thule

I'd say it took me like 25-30 hours on hard. And I completed every side quest in addition to wandering around aimlessly and gawking at the pretty graphics. 
    Now, that's just my first playthrough though, because your choices in Chapter 1 will allow you to see a completely different storyline and quests in Chapter 2. So I'd say it will take you at least 2 playthroughs to see most of the game.

Avatar image for deactivated-58c3985c661d1
    deactivated-58c3985c661d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

Steam has me clocked in at 39, on Normal. 

I have no idea how the guy above me did 25-30 and completed everything. Even I skipped a few quests at the last chapter.

Stealthoneill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By Stealthoneill

Thanks guys! OK, looks like I'll be jumping in then!

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Jeffsekai

How many Chapters is there?

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By vitor
    @Thule said:
    I'd say it took me like 25-30 hours on hard. And I completed every side quest in addition to wandering around aimlessly and gawking at the pretty graphics.  Now, that's just my first playthrough though, because your choices in Chapter 1 will allow you to see a completely different storyline and quests in Chapter 2. So I'd say it will take you at least 2 playthroughs to see most of the game.
    This. 

Act 2, the longest of the 3 (plus a lengthy prologue) is completely different based on your decisions towards the end of Act 1 (even the end of that Act is unrecognizable depending on that decision). 

You will need a second playthrough and it will feel like entirely new content, not just a retread. 

Took me 25/30 hours first time around and I'm really enjoying my second playthrough. I don't usually jump into a game for a second run through immediately after completing it but this one totally hooked me.
    Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Animasta
    @Jeffsekai said:
    3, + a prologue and epilogue.
    Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @Laketown said:
    @Jeffsekai said:
    3, + a prologue and epilogue.
    Just wanted to add that the main game length is in chapters 1 and 2
    Also chapter 2 is almost completely different depending on chapter 1 choice.
    Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By Marz

I clocked in over 50 hours.  I literally did every quest and crafted all the best items and weapons (ran around alot to get the materials).   I'd probably do it in 30 hours in another playthrough.

Aronman789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Aronman789

I clocked in at around 24 hours my first time. 

Going back to Witcher 1 and doing the opposite of everything I did on my other save so my playthroughs will be completely different.

fistfulofmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 29

#12  Edited By fistfulofmetal

28 hours for my first playthrough.

defaulttag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By defaulttag
    @Stealthoneill: depends on your play style when it comes to RPGs. rush through main story? or experience all the interesting side quests? Also, the game deserves multiple playthroughs because making certain decisions drastically changes what areas of the world you visit as well as how the story unfolds. well worth the $50 USD I paid. Best to buy gog.com version- it's the most stable, has more extras than Steam, and all the profit goes directly to the developer CD Projekt Red since they own gog.com
    kyrieee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By kyrieee

I didn't play this on Steam and there's no time counter in game so I don't know how long it took, but if you try to do everything there is to do and don't blaze through it on the easiest difficulty then it'll easily take you over 30 hours, probably a lot more than that

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.