Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released May 17, 2011

The sequel to 2007's critically acclaimed role-playing game, The Witcher. Players again take control of Geralt of Rivia in this story-focused adventure.

Neutral Path? (Spoilers)

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By valrog

Is there a Neutral Path you can tread on? With so many choices and multiple endings, I'm sure there must be a way. Has anyone gotten something close to a Neutral Path/Ending? In the first one you could side with neither Nonhumans nor Order of the Flaming Rose, and really go a Witcher's path. So I'm wondering if you can do the same here.

From what I've seen, I was forced to choose between Roche and Iorveth, and ended ignoring Iorveth completely (Didn't even see him since the end of Chapter I). Now, I'm not sure about Saskia since I barely even talked to her, but if there's a way to be Neutral, and be on good side with Roche and Iorveth, that would be great. I didn't want to meddle in politics, but it seemed like I had no choice.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By veektarius
    @valrog: I won't pretend to know everything that's possible in the Witcher 2, but the Witcher was all about forcing you into taking sides in a bad situation.  You definitely aren't supposed to be good with everyone. 
    Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Tennmuerti

No there is no neutral path, but it can also be said that all paths are relatively neutral. (at the end game dudes will try to make you meddle in politics directly, but you can ignore them and be selfish)

Geralt doesn't really side with any factions in Witcher 2 he only tags along for a while. You are not an enemy of either Roche or Iorveth if you do not chose them, Iorveth is kinda pissed but not hostile, Roche isn't mad either. Roche and Iorveth have a lot of beef with each other however, dudes have been at each other for so long it's more personal for them now.

The endings themselves can be quite varied.

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By valrog
    @Veektarius said:
    @valrog: I won't pretend to know everything that's possible in the Witcher 2, but the Witcher was all about forcing you into taking sides in a bad situation.  You definitely aren't supposed to be good with everyone. 
    Yeah, I realize that, but in the first one I could just not get involved too much. Or at at the very least, if someone turned against me or whatever.

@Tennmuerti: So no one is hostile to you? I'm worried that they will cross my path in the future and I will have to kill them. It's hard to know because when I sided with Roche I never saw Iorveth again (And the same reason why I missed that Saskia is actually the Dragon, how could I possibly know that if I've only talked to her once). It just seemed to me that you completely abandoned (Well, I could help Iorveth in Vergen, I suppose) some people. I don't even know what happened to Iorveth (I learned that Saskia was actually a Dragon from the journal), I guess I feel bad for it. At least in the first one you still came across either Siegfried or Yaevinn and could talk things through.
    Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Tennmuerti

@valrog: I don't want to give away too much.

No you don't have to kill either. And meet both in chapter 2. Saskia's story is more fleshed out if you side with Iorveth.

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By valrog
    @Tennmuerti: I'll make sure to help him in my second playthrough. So many difficult choices... I made some bad calls and now I have to live with it. I can't wait to see how things turn out in The Witcher 3 or Expansion. Unless it takes place somewhere in Nilfgaard and those characters don't return (Which would be a shame, really).
    Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By Marz

my playthrough,

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By valrog

Well, as long as neither Roche or Iorveth become your enemy, I guess I'm calm knowing that now.

Also, I read somewhere that the conversation with Letho is actually the ending you will get. I didn't know his conversation changes so drastically.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.