Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released May 17, 2011

The sequel to 2007's critically acclaimed role-playing game, The Witcher. Players again take control of Geralt of Rivia in this story-focused adventure.

Steam Sale

andrewf87462

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By andrewf87462

It's currently in the Steam sale at £4.99. Bloody bargain for anyone that hasn't played it before.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By pyrodactyl

My favorite game of all time. Great story, combat, characters. Crazy dark fantasy universe with the decisions with most real gameplay impact in any game to date. Also, there is tits if that's your thing. Buy it so they get to make #3!!!

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By RobotHamster

I finally took the plunge for $7.50 don't think it'll get any lower than that for a long time.

VoshiNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By VoshiNova

Such a great deal, for such a great game! ^_^

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By BaneFireLord

Picked it up. I'll probably never end up playing it more than a few hours, but it feels nice to have it sitting there in my library.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By nightriff

I bought it during Summer Sale for 15, wish I waited because I still haven't touched it since and could've saved me 7.50

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By JJOR64

Get it people. The game is amazing.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ripelivejam

i made the mistake of playing this w/o getting decently far into the first witcher. it's gorgeous and entertaining but the story's pretty confusing without context from the first game it seems (except overarching story of racial tension and king assassinating). i want to beat the first one but it's kind of plodding so far and i miss how pretty W2 is when playing it. :(

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
    SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By SirOptimusPrime

@ripelivejam: To be honest, you can get by in the second game solely by knowing who Triss, Dandelion, and Zoltan are and the roles they play. From there you can pretty much extrapolate everything you need to know about the universe - Triss for sorcereress/sorcerer-royalty conflict, Dandelion for whores and weird bullshit, and Zoltan for racial tensions. Geralt and NPC's fill in monsters and other lore pretty clearly.

It might prolong your playthrough by an hour or two because you have to walk around areas or read your journal, but it doesn't limit the enjoyment of the game. I'd say fuck it since the combat of the first game is really quite cringeworthy when you stack it up next to the second's.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.