Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released May 19, 2015

CD Projekt RED's third Witcher combines the series' non-linear storytelling with a sprawling open world that concludes the saga of Geralt of Rivia.

Blood and Wine is set to release May 31.

• 67 results
    Avatar image for militantfreudian
    militantfreudian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By militantfreudian

CD Projekt Red revealed in a teaser trailer that the second and last expansion, Blood and Wine, is set to release on May 31. The trailer is brief and relatively light on spoilers.

It also appears that video game websites have gotten the opportunity to play the expansion for a few hours.

And aside from new monsters, weapons and armour sets, the most notable new gameplay mechanic comes in the form of Mutations, which alter certain abilities, such as giving Aard a freezing effect in addition to a wider range, or refelling your health once after it depletes completely. It also seems like only one Mutation can be equipped at a time.

Additionally, Geralt gets his own vineyard, which can be upgraded to include a greenhouse, among other things. Arguably, the most important addition is that now you can disable the fish-eye effect when using the Witcher senses! The expansion also features a redesigned user interface. Aesthetically, it's similar to the current user interface, but you would hope that the redesigned interface streamlines certain functions. And yeah, you can now dye Geralt's armour.

In numbers, Blood and Wine includes at least 30 new weapons, 20 new monsters, a new Witcher gear class (Grandmaster), 90 quests and 40 Points of Interest. This reportedly amounts to 20-30 hours of gameplay. If you don't own the expansion pass, you can pre-purchase Blood and Wine for $17.99 instead of $19.99.

I, for one, am very happy to know that this is coming out soon. I loved the base game and the first expansion even more, so I have high hopes for this.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

That is a hearty expansion.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Hell freaking yes! Anything to drag me back into the wonderful world of The Witcher 3.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Sure, I'll buy both expansions and dive back into this at some point.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They've done a good job spacing these out. It's been just long enough that I'm in the mood for more Witcher without feeling burnt out. Not ready to replay the whole thing from the start, but a new 20-30 hour adventure sounds perfect.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

God. The Witcher was so good. I'd completely forgotten this expansion had yet to release, so news and a trailer kicked me into excite-mode pretty much straight away.

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ShadyPingu

Weeee! I just wrapped up Hearts of Stone, so I'm excited for another excuse to play more Witcher 3.

Party

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah just finished Hearts of Stone. Super excited for this one, especially cause there seem to be some decent quality of life improvements to the gameplay.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Man, Hearts of Stone was great. Really jacked for this one.

OMGFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't wait. Should be an amazing finale.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I take it we haven't heard anything about physical Gwent cards yet? I'm hoping to get those last two decks they didn't include with the last expansion.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mezza said:

I take it we haven't heard anything about physical Gwent cards yet? I'm hoping to get those last two decks they didn't include with the last expansion.

No Caption Provided

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

Hearts of Stone was such great content. I'm pumped for Blood and Wine.

Cd Projekt Red doing a great job of releasing actual 'expansion' content rather than just tokenistic DLC.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Down for any excuse for more Witching and this looks gorgeous but I was really hoping we'd get some Ciri-centric DLC at some point.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone else hyped about donning the old Witcher gear seen in the trailer?

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@milkman said:

Down for any excuse for more Witching and this looks gorgeous but I was really hoping we'd get some Ciri-centric DLC at some point.

I know they said The Witcher 3 is the last game in the series, but I would absolutely love a spin off game with Ciri as the main character following the "Ciri becomes a witcher" ending of The Witcher 3.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man I don't have time for this.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

I, having not played either of the previous Witcher games nor really enjoyed watching Vinny play it whenever he did for the site, bought into all the hype right before release and bought the season pass. I played the game pretty regularly for around 40-50 hours until Arkham Knight came out, and then I got into Rocket League for a moment and then other stuff and at some point just decided I'd hold off on The Witcher 3 until its season pass was finished.

But I thought whenever the last expansion happened was the end of it. So this news is a little wild for me, because I was starting to think I'd just take my time with the game, which I enjoyed quite a bit, and call it a game. If I'm ever going to play this as I intended CD Project might just have to pay every other studio to stop releasing video games for a while.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Zeik

@ll_exile_ll: It's the last game in the series starring Geralt, but they've openly stated the possibility of more games in the (far) future starring someone else.

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
    selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I dont know if I want to wait till I get a 1070 or 1080 before playing this...

Man, I'm so ready for more Witcher 3

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ivdamke

I've been waiting too damn long for this. I'm really hoping this is a whole bunch of walking around an expansive city, talking to people and unveiling the underbelly of said city. That's where The Witcher shines the most for me.

@nodima said:

If I'm ever going to play this as I intended CD Project might just have to pay every other studio to stop releasing video games for a while.

Or you could just stop playing forgettable video games like Arkham Knight.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Too many goddamn games in May, but I guess I don't have to buy them all...but I want to..

baka_shinji17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Man, I can't wait to do NG+, HoS and this. Looks like I'll spend another summer witching away. By the way, a new book, well a first English translation, is being released soon. The Tower of Swallows will be out May 17th.

I've only read the two short-story collections, they were pretty good. I read Sword of Destiny while playing through W3 and was able to see just how many call-backs and references there were to those early stories. Especially the stuff in Novigrad with Dandelion's ex-girlfriends, the Church of the Eternal Fire and the doppler guy. I can see how some might have seen those parts as padding since they were kinda just fan-servicey, but seeing how they actually fit into the larger Witcher world only added another layer to the game that I really enjoyed.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Finally! It's been so long, a year, and I've kept W3 installed all this time.

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

Goddamit I need to build my new high end PC soon so that I can get back to finishing the main Witcher 3 and get these expansions! ARGH

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

I've been waiting too damn long for this. I'm really hoping this is a whole bunch of walking around an expansive city, talking to people and unveiling the underbelly of said city. That's where The Witcher shines the most for me.

@nodima said:

If I'm ever going to play this as I intended CD Project might just have to pay every other studio to stop releasing video games for a while.

Or you could just stop playing forgettable video games like Arkham Knight.

Arkham Knight wasn't all that forgettable. It was gorgeous, the combat was still fun (I'd only played Arkham City before it) and once I got the hang of it I actually quite enjoyed the Batmobile. It's a shame they tipped their hand on the villain so early but it was still a fun game, and it doesn't hurt Batman was one of my favorite superheroes as a kid and remains a great property today. I ended up doing just about everything in that game, if it weren't for Riddler trials being required to activate the absolute final ending...man, those might honestly be the only things I DIDN'T complete in that game.

archer88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@mezza said:

FYI, If you purchased a digital copy of either the expansion pass or Blood and Wine you can go to this site and follow the instructions to purchase the cards. I had to do it this way with Hearts of Stone and it went very smoothly.

edgaras1103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It will be sad to say goodbye to that universe and characters. Any prediction on metascore? I say 90.

Avatar image for deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee
    deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@archer88 said:
    @mezza said:

FYI, If you purchased a digital copy of either the expansion pass or Blood and Wine you can go to this site and follow the instructions to purchase the cards. I had to do it this way with Hearts of Stone and it went very smoothly.

In addition, I was able to pick up a set of Hearts of Stone cards desperately at Gamestop. Not saying this is the best option, but there.

Otherwise, I was able to preorder a set of cards for this expansion using the above. $10 for the cards, about $6 to ship to Midwest.

OneAndOnlyBigE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll join the chorus of folks who were wishing for more Ciri, but the expansion looks gorgeous. I actually popped back into the game just to clear out all of the question marks in Skellige recently. I can't wait to go back for more.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They just released a full trailer a few hours ago, seems like one of the enemy types I was missing in the vanilla game is returning which is nice.

Loading Video...

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Geralt chugged about 1000 gallons of Toussaint Red in my game of The Witcher 1, time to take a tour of the vineyard.

PlasmaDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fredddi43: Well combat was never the strong point of this game. Fighting the graveyard dude felt like a bad Souls boss, but exploring the dream house was amazing. I was quite happy with the end being nothing more than bad trip with a quick cutscene at the end. Give me more story, more intrigue and more great characters please. Forced boss fights I could do without.

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fredddi43: Well combat was never the strong point of this game. Fighting the graveyard dude felt like a bad Souls boss, but exploring the dream house was amazing. I was quite happy with the end being nothing more than bad trip with a quick cutscene at the end. Give me more story, more intrigue and more great characters please. Forced boss fights I could do without.

I loved the combat myself, up until you got so OP you didn't have to put in any effort.

msuhitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mezza said:

The physical pack is exclusive to GameStop again, and comes out same day as the expansion, May 31. So far just a PS4 listing, no listing yet for XB1. $30 for the cards and expansion. If you already have the Expansion Pass, just follow the link in the above post to redeemgwent.com and you can get a code to buy just the decks for $10 from Jinx.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik said:
    @plasmaduck said:

I loved the combat myself, up until you got so OP you didn't have to put in any effort.

Mark me down for also really liking the combat. I do, however, agree that the difficulty curve is a bit out of whack. The game starts off quite difficult and becomes easier and easier to the point where endgame is much less challenging than the first 2 hours. Of course, in big open RPGs like this that don't have level scaling I always end up way overleveled towards the end because I can't not do everything, so it may partly be my issues as much as it is the game's.

Still, even if you don't get overleveled it still seems like the early game is where it's most difficult.

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

I'll add my voice to the chorus here. I really liked the Witcher 3's combat system, but it just wasn't very well balanced by the mid-late game. If they can tune that so it's not so easy then I think it would be the best I've played in an open world game hands down. MORE IMPORTANTLY....

Is there Gwent? IS THERE? Gimme dat gwent

Supposedly there's a new deck type - Skellige - that's being added in the expansion along with loads of new cards. Gwent is way too much fun

Avatar image for zomgfruitbunnies
    Zomgfruitbunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dudeglove said:

Is there Gwent? IS THERE? Gimme dat gwent

Supposedly there's a new deck type - Skellige - that's being added in the expansion along with loads of new cards. Gwent is way too much fun

Northern Realms OP.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm more than ready

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zomgfruitbunnies: You wait till I have 20 cards in my deck when you have 3. Signed Nilfgaardian deck.

Avatar image for csgobettingsite
    CsgobettingSite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for zomgfruitbunnies
    Zomgfruitbunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baronsamedi: Have fun with your 20 cards because I would have won ages ago thanks to your stupidly high attack spies that I'll be buffing with Dandelion. Oh, and one scorch, there goes your 10 attack archers.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

Hmmm judging by the nearest trailer there will be a big emphasis on some real ass vampires and that really excites me. One of the coolest lore pieces I read was about the high vampires that not even witchers could track using their medallion. That seemed just ripe for an excellent quest line and they never took advantage of it as far as I could tell. If that's the focus of this expansion that I am so excited for this to come out.

Avatar image for deactivated-63c06c6e81315
    deactivated-63c06c6e81315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

A bit early for a launch trailer, but here it is:

Loading Video...
    TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That music is hilariously inappropriate.

It looks goddamn incredible, though. Absolutely cannot wait.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.