Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released May 19, 2015

CD Projekt RED's third Witcher combines the series' non-linear storytelling with a sprawling open world that concludes the saga of Geralt of Rivia.

Patch 1.07 notes.

• 192 results
    qrdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@graf1k: Why do you carry those heads and testicles around? They have maybe 3 different effects with 2 intensities each. Can you imagine how maggot-ridden your saddlebags are?

qrdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie said:

Guess I need to start this at some point. But I still have Bloodborne to get through...

You should be ashamed of yourself!

Hey, that's what everybody's thinking.

Avatar image for deactivated-60481185a779c
    deactivated-60481185a779c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I couldn't believe there was no way to sort your inventory after relying on this so heavily in the first two games. Better late than never.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By OurSin_360

Nice, i still need to finish this game hopefully my mods will transfer over still.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#55  Edited By ArtisanBreads

Looks good. Glad if they changed movement it's optional because I have no issues and actually really love the movement as is.

I just finished this masterpiece but I will definitely be grabbing all the DLC and replaying it at some point.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Wow, just when I sold a bunch of my crafting materials to make room in the inventory.

nickhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@qrdl said:

I'm conflicted about the stashes. The lack of storage in this game successfully exorcized the hoarder out of me. My stuff shall not own me!!!

Me too! I'm going to pretend this feature doesn't exist (even though it is a great addition).

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

...so they didn't fix weapon degradation.

tuxfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@believer258: what was broken about it? It seemed to work fine right from the beginning.

bceagles128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

These changes sound fucking amazing. I'm still two trophies away from the plat so I will return as soon as they fix the goddamn Zoltan gwent card though.

It's missable in the first ~5 minutes of the game, which is fine if that's what they want, but they can't give in to all the people who whined about the Foltest card being missable in the first 15 minutes of the game and then not fix a card that is literally missable even earlier.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• A player stash for storing items, available in various locations throughout the game. Stash locations are marked on the player's map.

Alright, now it's time to quickly get to Batman's ending and get back to my real favorite game of 2015, unless Fallout 4 turns out great...or No Man's Sky comes out this year.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

@nickhead said:
    @qrdl said:

I'm conflicted about the stashes. The lack of storage in this game successfully exorcized the hoarder out of me. My stuff shall not own me!!!

Me too! I'm going to pretend this feature doesn't exist (even though it is a great addition).

I've decided only to stash trophies there, because it would be cool to "catch em all" as they say.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bceagles128: where do you get the zoltan card and how is it missable?

Jorbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm so used to the new movement system that I wonder if the change will feel too different for me to switch. Which is a shame because the movement system was annoying to get used to (because it was garbage).

spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

All these changes sound great. It's just too bad I've already finished the game, sunk about 155 hours in total including most of the side quests and don't have much incentive to play it anymore. ):

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rethla said:

You get it from the Gwent tutorial guy in White Orchard. I think if you kill the griffin in White Orchard he doesn't come back?

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@probablytuna: aint that one of the guys thats hanging in the dead man tree or whatever its called. The card should be on the ground under him if you didnt get the card in the tutorial.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rethla: Oh ok, I'm not too sure. I just know that you get Zoltan's card from the scholar inside the White Orchard tavern and he's not there after you kill the griffin.

bceagles128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By bceagles128

@probablytuna said:
    @rethla said:

You get it from the Gwent tutorial guy in White Orchard. I think if you kill the griffin in White Orchard he doesn't come back?

Nope. There was a rumor that he showed up dead later in the game at Hanged Man's Tree but it's not on his body for me or many others. There are posts all over the internet about it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/38z87v/zoltan_gwent_card_is_meant_to_be_findable_at_the/

https://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/396es8/the_curious_case_of_zoltan_chivay_gwent_card/

nickhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@geraltitude: I initially was trying to keep all of the trophies but the repetition of stat buffs and inventory space made me start selling them. It would have been really cool if there was some sort of trophy room, somewhere.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By rethla

@bceagles128: Well its not a rumor becouse CDPR has said so in an official post but since it dont show up for you and some other players it may be a bug that affects some players and they are working on.

Also its not supposed to be on his body but on the ground beneath him.

bceagles128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rethla said:

@bceagles128: Well its not a rumor becouse CDPR has said so in an official post but since it dont show up for you and some other players it may be a bug that affects some players and they are working on.

Also its not supposed to be on his body but on the ground beneath him.

Yeah I know. I just loaded it up again and ran around the whole area with Witcher senses on. He is hanging from a tree and there is a lootable sack right below him containing his "Unfinished Book." There is no gwent card.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That sounds like pretty much everything I've found annoying. Tbf a lot of those are no brainers and should have been in from the start, but better late than never.

ht101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

@nodima: I did that too. I played and beat the story in Batman(no Knightfall or 100% yet) then went back to the Witcher. There are two quests that I can't complete for some reason so I hope they get fixed in this patch.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Justin258

@tuxfool said:

@believer258: what was broken about it? It seemed to work fine right from the beginning.

I probably should have said something along the lines of "I see they still haven't removed weapon degradation".

I despise the mechanic, especially when it feels like weapons degrade so damn fast. I wouldn't mind it if you could play for two or three hours without having to worry about your weapons degrading, but if you spend most of an hour in combat, your weapons are probably going to be broken before you're done. It takes a lot away from the game for me. I still like the game a lot, but I would be way more likely to play more of it if there was some way I could fucking remove weapon degradation.

I don't know if my game is bugged or something, but I can't seem to find schematics for weapon repair kits and vendors don't seem to carry many of them at all.

bceagles128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@believer258: I had like 5-10 repair kits in my inventory at all times in the game.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@believer258: How much have you played of the game so far? The W3 is a bit funny in how it doles out schematics, etc, but you should be able to find weapon repair kit schematics easy enough around ~ level 15 iirc. Blacksmiths usually have them. I have many repair kits in my inventory, both crafted and found. I repair once every 2-3 hours, max. You only lose ATK once your sword is 75% or less, and I find it takes a pretty long time to get there, definitely more than an hour... This last part is anecdotal but I think you lose repair % faster for attacking enemies while they are blocking and I also think higher level swords and armor take longer to degrade, but I haven't seriously tested either of these theories.

@nickhead: Yeah a trophy wall would be super cool. I almost sold my trophies but at this point am still carrying them all with me, lol. That's a lot of heads.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@believer258: How much have you played of the game so far? The W3 is a bit funny in how it doles out schematics, etc, but you should be able to find weapon repair kit schematics easy enough around ~ level 15 iirc. Blacksmiths usually have them. I have many repair kits in my inventory, both crafted and found. I repair once every 2-3 hours, max. You only lose ATK once your sword is 75% or less, and I find it takes a pretty long time to get there, definitely more than an hour... This last part is anecdotal but I think you lose repair % faster for attacking enemies while they are blocking and I also think higher level swords and armor take longer to degrade, but I haven't seriously tested either of these theories.

@nickhead: Yeah a trophy wall would be super cool. I almost sold my trophies but at this point am still carrying them all with me, lol. That's a lot of heads.

I'm in Novigrad. It's been a while since I've played so I don't know the exact hour count or my exact level, but I'm definitely above level 10 and I've definitely played more than 20 hours. I'm attacking monsters with the silver sword, humans with the steel sword, etc., and when my weapons work, they're doing a satisfying amount of damage so I don't think those are underleveled.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Dan_CiTi

Smart stuff, can't wait to go back and do more quests after I finished the main storyline.

Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
    rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CDPR Ruuuuuuuules!!!!

qrdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was exactly the same for me. Both the overall weapon degradation rate and what seemed to infuence it. I was playing on blood and broken bones to be clear. It seemed to me, that a minute of hitting your opponent's shield roughly equalled an hour of careful fighting. I haven't tested it extensively eigher, but the difference was too large to be a result of autosuggestion. About 2/3 into the game the degradation was so slow that I only kept the repair kits to repair the newly looted stuff to increase it's resale value.

As far as using the storage for your trophies: I will allow it.

alexisg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Books graying out and having proper sort mechanics are welcome additions. This Books After Potions mod for the PC is one of only 3 mods (skip intro and free cam console being the other two) that I have installed and was a life saver for me later on in the game. http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/207/?

I just finished the game at around level 32, and 160 weight with about 70 hours of play time. Item management was not impossible but kind of a pain to be sure. I'd also like to see vendors not sell you stuff you already own. I think I bought the same map in skillage 3 different times.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

When it comes to degradation, like a lot of flaws I saw in the combat system early on seem to mitigated with time. In regards to items, you come across so much stuff it's almost never an issue to know whether an item is worth something. With the weapons, they seem too weak (endurance-wise) until they get strong enough and you know enough good merchants and blacksmiths with packs. I had a ton of repair kits on both ends from level 16 or so on.

Maybe shop stocks are somewhat random in the game, but I felt like certain mechanics were built to make the early game hard without necessarily being so, and then the latter half of the game would emphasize applying what you learned while maintaining the perception you could be overpowered if you used the exact right strategy.

I just finished Arkham's main story but I'm enjoying cleaning the city up further so we're coming up on three weeks since I touched Witcher 3, but one thing I'd have never felt bummed about was a lack of balance. I've actually been amazed by the amount of variation it seems to allow.

I haven't noticed any repeats with maps or diagrams or anything though. Then again, money is only a slight minor bit of a problem around the same time equipment damage becomes so. Maybe this is just default mode experience talking but I can also see the idea that you ask for a higher difficulty, this stuff becomes more difficult to manage. I think the balance of this stuff is pretty spot on and I'm someone who generally gets frustrated when the easiest path forward fails over and over (in fact, I was bad at a lot of this past Batman game, but great sometimes).

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@alexisg: I don't think they actually sell you maps that you already own. You might have bought a Part 2 and then a Part 3. Throughout my playthrough those were completely one-time buy items. I did have to read them several times before they finally registered as a quest and disappeared into some other tab but that was the only confusion there.

I can't say I had THAT much trouble with managing my inventory. As in, I never really dropped stuff or whatever but thats because halfway through the game I realized that it's a waste of time to pick up every Novigrad sword I came across. Near the very end I had several "Relic" armor that I felt were kind of a waste to sell for 90 coins but I finally got over that hump as well when I realized that I'll never wear anything other than my Witcher armor sets.

Sorting is something that they definitely needed to put more work in. Equipping a new potion was always a huge pain because you had to scroll through all that other shit until you got to the potions at the end. I'm glad they making the changes though. I have finished the game already after about 70 hours as well and I'm not planning on going back anytime soon - thats a long time to play a game - but once the major DLC comes out it will be nice to launch the game and see all the changes they've made.

avantegardener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Fantastic, all the issues I wanted addressed where storage and UI related.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By ivdamke

@humanity: He's referring to the fast travel maps supplied by merchants in Skellige. You can buy multiple of those and I think a lot of them are named very similarly so it's hard to tell unless you already have those maps in your inventory to check.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Puchiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

whoever replied to that post saying it would be fixed didn't elborate as to how it was to be fixed. Is the tutorial just fixed or is the merchant corpse fixed. They said they didn't know about the merchant issue so I would assume they are just going to fix the tutorial which doesn't help me.

I lost my interest after playing for 100 hours and not being able to get the Dragons Dream ignition trophy to work. Was on the road to platinum'ing this game but the stupid stuff they want you do do for it put me off the game entirely.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@puchiko: There is nothing to fix in the tutorial as it works as intended. The card not showing up in the bag under his corpse is the bug. The Claywitch merchant bug which was also mentioned in the thread is an entirely different thing.

Puchiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rethla said:

@puchiko: There is nothing to fix in the tutorial as it works as intended. The card not showing up in the bag under his corpse is the bug. The Claywitch merchant bug which was also mentioned in the thread is an entirely different thing.

So it was intended to crash everytime you tried it? That seems like bad game design. You are supposed to get Zoltan from the tutorial guy so most people skipped the scholar because of the crash.

qrdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And here I was thinking that control shortcomings were a stupid reason to put down a game. You live and learn.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rethla: I already have the card but good to know it's being fixed : )

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@puchiko: well the early tutorial crashes i would assume they fixed a long time ago in the earlier patches. This bugfix is specificly for those that had missed the card and are unable to complete the collection.

korolev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh thank goodness. The main complaint that I, and a lot of other people have, is Geralt's awful, awful, awful "momentum". Slow to start, slow to stop, god-awful at turning. I love everything about the game except moving in small areas and towns because he decides to take an extra two steps after you let off the controller. And can we get a "walk" option when exploring, huh?

Puchiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@qrdl said:

And here I was thinking that control shortcomings were a stupid reason to put down a game. You live and learn.

I can forgive a lot of games for control issues. I got used to it after awhile and it didn't bother me. To each there own on why people play games. The "fun" got taken out of playing this game because bugs were preventing stuff they expected you to do.

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@dudeglove: I think yesterday's patch was just an update to the art book.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.