Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released May 19, 2015

CD Projekt RED's third Witcher combines the series' non-linear storytelling with a sprawling open world that concludes the saga of Geralt of Rivia.

What makes this game great?

• 108 results
    impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

It's crack for fans of AAA games because it's lavish, long and stuffed to the brim with bespoke content. A lot of the people in this thread will have already emphasised this. It's just so full of unique, custom content and the current market for these sorts of games loves content munching. There's very little that's repeatable or cut-and-pasted about the Witcher 3 and ultimately that's why people will die on a hill for it.

Don't get me wrong. I really liked the game. But in a medium where we call games "pandering" for a variety of reasons - some justified, some not - The Witcher 3 really does give people what they say they've wanted: immense scale, fetishistically detailed visuals and high quality content out the wazoo, and in that sense it panders to everything big games are these days very successfully.

firecracker22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#102  Edited By firecracker22

@rahf said:
    @firecracker22 said:

Oh man, Gwent. I can't stop playing it. There's been more than one sitting where all I did, for hours, was just play Gwent. If they wind up releasing a stand alone Gwent game...it could mean the end of me.

Given the recent announcement I fear for you. :D

I thought the same thing. My saving grace is that it wasn't announced to mobile. So, at the very least my addiction can be contained to console. For now...

Neurogia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

The part with the witch (noon wraith) and the cave is still in the tutorial area of the game (White Orchard). Geralt acts as a link to the player and we are the ones bringing our emotions into the game with the choices we select. Geralt then reacts accordingly.

You are still very early into the game, but it sounds like the style and mechanics just aren't your taste, which is perfectly alright too.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#104  Edited By Barrock

Who else loves Rock Trolls?

Rahf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@barrock: Bit of a late reply.

I definitely love them! I love their primitive grammar, strange contractions, and choice of words. I especially love a certain troll northeast of Oxenfurt.

zombievac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Consider put the difficulty on hard (assuming you are on normal) if you think the combat is repetitive, that way you are forced to use all the tools in your disposal.

Also i think Geralt's emotionlessness is very much intentional, an important part of the story is how he's supposed to be emotionless but he constantly struggles with staying that way because the situation he gets into and the people around him. If you like colorful characters i would recommand go to Novigrad and finish Triss' story questline.

THIS. Once you get used to the controls and mechanics, the game is WAY TOO EASY even on the hardest setting (I'm speaking of the hardest setting at release, I believe they added another since, which I'd recommend trying). That was the only reason I got bored of it after 150 hours... too easy. But I'm going to get back into it and finish the DLC, and try the harder difficulty - because that's exactly what I wanted them to fix!

Fitzgerald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@reap3r160: Your reaction to the game is normal or at least similar to mine. Coming off Bloodborne (which has a fantastic, stylish and buttery-smooth combat flow) the Witcher is the most over-hyped trash game of 2015. Hate that game.

mach_go_go_go

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reap3r160: Your reaction to the game is normal or at least similar to mine. Coming off Bloodborne (which has a fantastic, stylish and buttery-smooth combat flow) the Witcher is the most over-hyped trash game of 2015. Hate that game.

Normally I'd throw down right about now, but coming off of Dark Souls 3 and back into the Witcher for Blood & Wine, Witcher combat is just so... so.... Man that story is great.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.