A movie based on The Witcher books is planned for a 2017 release

#1 Edited by Chocobodude3 (1338 posts) -

From Platige Image Their will be a movie based on the short stories of Geralt of Rivia(The Last Wish, Lesser Evil). Even though I would much rather have an HBO mini series. The director is Tomasz Baginski who was nominated for an Oscar for the short film "The Cathedral"

#2 Edited by Sterling (4134 posts) -

There is a Polish movie that was made a while back. Its not very good. So I hope this one is.

Also, please cast Mads Mikkelsen as Geralt. Please!

#3 Posted by dudeglove (13736 posts) -

@sterling said:

Also, please cast Mads Mikkelsen as Geralt. Please!

No Caption Provided

#4 Edited by monetarydread (2888 posts) -

Maads would be the perfect choice.

No Caption Provided

He is a badass actor, definitely looks the part, and has played Witcher-type roles in the past.

#5 Edited by Castiel (3473 posts) -

Since we are talking about Mads Mikkelsen I just wanted to say that Valhalla Rising is fucking awesome. That's actually all I had to say. Also here's a trailer:

Loading Video...

#6 Posted by drewbert (8997 posts) -

I can confirm this. Valhalla Rising is, indeed, awesome.

@castiel said:

Since we are talking about Mads Mikkelsen I just wanted to say that Valhalla Rising is a fucking awesome. That's actually all I had to say. Also here's a trailer:

Loading Video...

Staff
#7 Posted by GERALTITUDE (5989 posts) -

I too can confirm that Valhalla Rising is truly, truly awesome.

#8 Edited by monetarydread (2888 posts) -

@castiel: WOW.... so that trailer shows the entire movie. Like, pretty much the entire ending and every other piece of action at least.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.