Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 26, 2007

The Witcher is an Action Role Playing Game developed by CD Projekt RED and is based on the book "The Last Wish" by Polish author Andrzej Sapkowski. An Enhanced Edition was released in September, 2008. A director's cut version was released for North America on July 31, 2009.

Game Will Not start

AnxiousTube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By AnxiousTube

So i just played witcher 2 and decided to buy and install the original witcher when to my dismay the game decided that it does not want to start up.  It keeps saying that a problem has occured and it is cheking for a solution without even starting the game.  I have a Vist 32 OS 4gb of Ram and 2 4835 Radeon graphic cards.  I have ran debug and brought my drivers up to date but the problem persists.  I reinstalled and did the said statement 2 times now and I am about to start my 3rd go round despite the past two attempts.  I have been online for 2 days now trying to figure out how to fix this without posting anywhere but now I  "REALLY" need help.  I just want to play the game if anyone can help me or has input please post.
    AnxiousTube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By AnxiousTube

Really no one knows how to fix this? 
    Avatar image for origina1penguin
    Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Origina1Penguin

I've heard of problems with the first one. Did you buy a physical copy (if so, where are downloading a patch from), or get it from a download service (if so, which one)?

AnxiousTube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AnxiousTube

I bought it from steam

AnxiousTube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AnxiousTube

So i solved the problem I had to go into Dj'inni and play the game through one of the files, go to options and select fullscreen mode and turn it off so it is windowed.  This allowed me to finally start the game up after 5 days!  and the only reason I'm posting this online is because I couldn't find a solution for it so anyone else who has a similar problem can look this up and find out how to fix it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.