Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 26, 2007

The Witcher is an Action Role Playing Game developed by CD Projekt RED and is based on the book "The Last Wish" by Polish author Andrzej Sapkowski. An Enhanced Edition was released in September, 2008. A director's cut version was released for North America on July 31, 2009.

In retrospect, What do you think of The Witcher?

• 61 results
    Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By Azteck
    @XII_Sniper said:
    @Azteck said:
    @XII_Sniper said:
    I like it, but I keep having to do the opening, and giving up because of how often I've installed/uninstalled the game. 
    Force yourself to do the opening, permanently keep a save from the playthrough and just use it to skip ahead next time!
    Yeah I now have a dedicated gaming computer, so having it consistently installed is no longer a problem, I just gotta force myself past the initial raid on the fortress. But I dig the combat... but wasn't keen on the alchemy system. 
    Yeah I barely ever use potions. I stocked up on Blizzards and Cats and just rolled with it. And the first chapters are slow as hell, which is a shame as it's the first impression you get with it.
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#52  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @amir90 said:
    A slow start, but a great game none the less, cannot believe it is almost 4 years since I bought this game :o
    i can't believe it's been 4 since i read its reviews!
    MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By MeierTheRed

I think its a very well made game. And taking into consideration that the dev team isn't amongst the biggest in the industry i think they did really well with what they had to put into this project. sure it might not be perfect, but it surely is a gem beneath its rugged exterior. Also i like how they put Biowares Aurora engine into some good use.

fullmetal5550

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By fullmetal5550

I think The Witcher is a pretty good game.

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By valrog

It's one of my favorite games of all time.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#56  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @valrog said:
    don't mind the bugs much ?
    Robiin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#57  Edited By Robiin

Playing through it for the first time. I played the prolouge and just got to the Reverend in chapter 1. I really like what the game is trying to do, with potions and quests etc, but it's just sort of clunky to play. The UI does not clearly indicate how to do stuff, and what would be right in each situation. If I get the hang of everything, I can see this being a great game, but right now, to me, it's not clicking, and I don't enjoy playing it. The story and atmosphere seem great though, and for some reason I really want to play the sequel, so I guess I'll have to play through this anyway.

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By valrog
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    @valrog said:
    don't mind the bugs much ?
    I don't even remember encountering many bugs.
    mr_ace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By mr_ace

i bought it round christmas time during the steam sale. played up to the bit where you fight the frightner with all your witcher buddies (probably about an hour in). I thought it looked shit, was pretty boring and couldnot figure out how the hell to beat that stupid praying mantis twat.

After watching the quicklook though, i thought i'd give it another go. I fucking love it now lol. I don't even know why people are haitng on the old vizima part too, i thought ** SPOILER** the choosing between the towns ppl and the witch was the only difficult decision i've made in a game. not like the stupid 'i;m gunna highlight this option in red, so you know it's bad' bioware shit (as much as i love mass effect) I'm near the end of chapter 3 now i think, and i've played it non stop for the last few days, put around 30 hours into it. It doesn't look the best, and the combat isn't great, but it's still an awesome game. would definately recommend

RIDEBIRD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#60  Edited By RIDEBIRD
    @mr_ace: The part and the choice you mentioned is in my opinion one of the best and hardest situations in a game ever. I remember being completely shocked about how it played out, because so many factors I hadn't counted in mattered.  

Overall I remember it very fondly, even though it does tend to drag sometimes. I played it after Enchanced Edition came out, and that made it playable. On release it was completely broken in many aspects. The combat is allright if you ask me, even though it's overly complex for being so non-interactive. Switching stances all the time got quite boring, and then you just clicked away. The Witcher 2 fixed this with it's combat, even though that has some issues as well.
    StrikeALight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By StrikeALight

I never bother switching stances. I just Tawny Owl, Swallow, and have ploughed (no pun intented) all my points into Quick and Igni.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.