The Witcher censored?

Black_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Black_Raven

Soon I'm going to be getting The Witcher: Enchanted edition and and i was wondering what is missing from the censored version? If its just the cards then i don't really mind but if there are parts of the story missing or quest taken out then I would rather get the uncensored version.

cardician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By cardician

First, its Enhanced edition, just to be clear.

Second, yes its censored. The Steam version, retail version, whatever you buy in North America is censored. The cards have the ladies breasts covered up and the in game models that showed breasts are also covered up. For example, in the swamp there is a wood nymph or something and she now has hair covering her nipple pixels.

Absolutely retarded that this country is so ridiculously stupid about nudity censorship when crazy over the top violence is totally acceptable, but that's how it is. I totally understand importing it, as I despise censorship, but in this case I didn't worry about it and just got the Steam version.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By BiggerBomb

I bought it overseas via a UK online store, so it is unrated. I wish I could remember the name of the store, maybe someone else might know. If you don't mind the added price of shipping fees, I reccomend it. If only on principle,  I hear the two versions are not that different.

mordecaix7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By mordecaix7

I don't mind the nudity being censored out; I actually prefer it.  I just don't care for that kind of thing in my games.  This actually answered a question I was going to ask!  lol

Linkyshinks said:

have to download a fix found on the official site in order to get blood.
There is no blood in the NA versions of the game? 

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Linkyshinks
mordecaix7 said:
"I don't mind the nudity being censored out; I actually prefer it.  I just don't care for that kind of thing in my games.  This actually answered a question I was going to ask!  lol

Linkyshinks said:
There is no blood in the NA versions of the game?  "

I'm not entirely sure to be honest, my experience is only with the European version. There is a thread concerning this on the official Witcher forums. If I remember correctly, it does feature blood but it's been toned own heavily. Like I say, I do believe it can be fixed.

Ask on uncle Claude's wall, he will be able to fill you exactly. He has the NA version.

EDIT:

I can faintly recall CD Projekt making a mess of things, and unintentionally removing blood from the NA download. I'm pretty sure that's what happened.

MC_Izawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MC_Izawa

i want the twilight edition!

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Thats bullshit, I`m going to import this.
So when the PS3 version comes out, will that have nudity in EU but not NA? or is there any nudity in this version at all?

Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Bulldog19892
cardician said:
"First, its Enhanced edition, just to be clear. Second, yes its censored. The Steam version, retail version, whatever you buy in North America is censored. The cards have the ladies breasts covered up and the in game models that showed breasts are also covered up. For example, in the swamp there is a wood nymph or something and she now has hair covering her nipple pixels.Absolutely retarded that this country is so ridiculously stupid about nudity censorship when crazy over the top violence is totally acceptable, but that's how it is. I totally understand importing it, as I despise censorship, but in this case I didn't worry about it and just got the Steam version."
I know. It makes no sense. The Strokes had to change their album cover in order to sell it in America because the original cover was "too sexy". It was nothing! It was like, side butt and a black glove. But a game like Gears of War, where you can shoot people to the ground and rip them in half with chainsaws as they try desperately to crawl away, is totally acceptable. But god forbid somebody show a nipple!
Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By Death_Unicorn

^ That's why society fails. =D

mattbodega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mattbodega

I was in the UK when the game came out so I bought it there.
Trust me, you're not missing anything. If you have the cognitive ability to post on this website, you can find better titillation elsewhere.
It's just weird and sad.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Linkyshinks
MattBodega said:
"I was in the UK when the game came out so I bought it there.Trust me, you're not missing anything. If you have the cognitive ability to post on this website, you can find better titillation elsewhere.It's just weird and sad."

Aye it's no big deal at all, it will make no difference to one's experience of the game. Still, the very idea of stuff being censored in any game does not sit well in my mind.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#12  Edited By Icemael
Linkyshinks said:
"MattBodega said:
"I was in the UK when the game came out so I bought it there.Trust me, you're not missing anything. If you have the cognitive ability to post on this website, you can find better titillation elsewhere.It's just weird and sad."
Aye it's no big deal at all, it will make no difference to one's experience of the game. Still, the very idea of stuff being censored in any game does not sit well in my mind."
I agree. It's like how they censored out the blood in the PAL version(I think in the Japanese version too) of No More Heroes. I wouldn't have complained about the absence of blood if there wasn't any blood to begin with, but games should be kept the way they were made. Censoring is just lame.
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#13  Edited By Claude
Linkyshinks said:
"mordecaix7 said:
"I don't mind the nudity being censored out; I actually prefer it.  I just don't care for that kind of thing in my games.  This actually answered a question I was going to ask!  lol

Linkyshinks said:
There is no blood in the NA versions of the game?  "

I'm not entirely sure to be honest, my experience is only with the European version. There is a thread concerning this on the official Witcher forums. If I remember correctly, it does feature blood but it's been toned own heavily. Like I say, I do believe it can be fixed.

Ask on uncle Claude's wall, he will be able to fill you exactly. He has the NA version. EDIT:I can faintly recall CD Projekt making a mess of things, and unintentionally removing blood from the NA download. I'm pretty sure that's what happened."
That's a new one on me. I thought they added blood with the NA enhanced edition download. For me there seems to be more blood, but I could be wrong. As for the uncensored version... well as you know the NA version is toned down. I downloaded a mod, but did not use it. I can see the naked cards elsewhere and I quit caring. I would like to see Morenn's green bush though, but I guess it leaves more to the imagination.

Okay I found the Blood Revival Patch: Check the top post on the forums for the download links. I already had it installed.
http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=16783.0
mordecaix7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#14  Edited By mordecaix7
Claude said:
That's a new one on me. I thought they added blood with the NA enhanced edition download. For me there seems to be more blood, but I could be wrong. As for the uncensored version... well as you know the NA version is toned down. I downloaded a mod, but did not use it. I can see the naked cards elsewhere and I quit caring. I would like to see Morenn's green bush though, but I guess it leaves more to the imagination.

Okay I found the Blood Revival Patch: Check the top post on the forums for the download links. I already had it installed.
http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=16783.0"
Awesome on the Blood Revival Patch.  I'll take the blood without the nudity but if I can't have it that way, I'd rather play with none at all.  :)  I plan on picking up the physical copy of the Enhanced Edition so the blood shouldn't be a problem.
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BiggerBomb
MattBodega said:

I did it as a matter of principle, one well worth the cost of shipping. The US edition is apparently edited in terms of gore, as well. =/
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Linkyshinks
BiggerBomb said:
"MattBodega said:
I did it as a matter of principle, one well worth the cost of shipping. The US edition is apparently edited in terms of gore, as well. =/"

Did you get the standard edition?. because the Limited Edition box is pretty big.  I imagine the shipping on the LE would have cost notably more shipped to the US.

Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By Hexpane
cardician said:
"First, its Enhanced edition, just to be clear. Second, yes its censored. The Steam version, retail version, whatever you buy in North America is censored. The cards have the ladies breasts covered up and the in game models that showed breasts are also covered up. For example, in the swamp there is a wood nymph or something and she now has hair covering her nipple pixels.Absolutely retarded that this country is so ridiculously stupid about nudity censorship when crazy over the top violence is totally acceptable, but that's how it is. I totally understand importing it, as I despise censorship, but in this case I didn't worry about it and just got the Steam version."
/agree

Nudity is a wonderful thing, especially polygonal nudity because you don't have to worry about herpes
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BiggerBomb
Linkyshinks said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"MattBodega said:
I did it as a matter of principle, one well worth the cost of shipping. The US edition is apparently edited in terms of gore, as well. =/"
Did you get the standard edition?. because the Limited Edition box is pretty big.  I imagine the shipping on the LE would have cost notably more shipped to the US."

You mean the standard UK edition? Yes.
Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Branthog

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.